The Student Room Group

Getting a part-time job. How to do it succesfully?

Hey, I need a part job, I had a few odd ones before but never had to deliberately look for one...

I've been trying to apply for jobs in my city online but no luck so far, the only job I managed to be accepted to was a fast food job but I'd really hate working there, anything else goes.

I was wondering if going to places and dropping my pritned-out CV there would work? Some people say it doesn't work and noone does that, but also I've heard of a girl that did exactly that and got a job from that.

Need some advice.
Original post by ArcHunter
Hey, I need a part job, I had a few odd ones before but never had to deliberately look for one...

I've been trying to apply for jobs in my city online but no luck so far, the only job I managed to be accepted to was a fast food job but I'd really hate working there, anything else goes.

I was wondering if going to places and dropping my pritned-out CV there would work? Some people say it doesn't work and noone does that, but also I've heard of a girl that did exactly that and got a job from that.

Need some advice.

suck up to someone's interests that what i did i talked about buy a vespa or a fiat maybe a ferrari or a lamborghini or both one day (it was an italian restaurant and lasted abut a year)
Reply 2
Well I don't think chatting with a dude that only works there is going to get me a job...
Seriously, I need an answer ^_^ please guys
Original post by ArcHunter

Need some advice.

Some places require you to apply online, such as aldi, lidl, mcdonalds etc.
But quite a few places take printed CV's as well. Its wort going round everywhere and handing in your CV to everywhere that will accept it.
Also- if there are any shopping centres in your area, look on the shopping centres website because they sometimes have a jobs page detailing any places in the shopping centre that have jobs as well.
Reply 4
Original post by Emma:-)
Some places require you to apply online, such as aldi, lidl, mcdonalds etc.
But quite a few places take printed CV's as well. Its wort going round everywhere and handing in your CV to everywhere that will accept it.
Also- if there are any shopping centres in your area, look on the shopping centres website because they sometimes have a jobs page detailing any places in the shopping centre that have jobs as well.

Thank you :smile: I shall go do it then. No more procrastination then.
Btw, nice profile pic. I have an almost identical one on a different website.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending