-no need to pay for xbox live
-mods
-WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more games

if a game is £40 for xbox, its on Steam for £15

Scroll to see replies

Why not have both?
Completely agree here
Reply 3
Console tends to be the cheaper option and easier to setup if you rule out the price of games.

Also support for the hardware tends to last longer as well without having to upgrade.
"Precision accuracy" translates to "eye dun no how 2 use contrololololer".

Unless whatever you're trying to hit is a few pixels across, you don't need such accuracy. I've got a lot more respect for console gamers with hench KDRs because they not just pointing and clicking.

Other than that, you've got it pretty much spot on... but I'll still stay with console despite the comparative drawbacks.
I have a PS4 and PC. My PS4 just collects dust now haha. Unless I'm playing exclusives. Those are great.

PC Master Race whoooooooo
Higher quality gaming set ups tend to have cheaper running costs.

Reminds me of high-school when all the chavs had Xbox 360's and the people with rich parents had PS3's. PC is better.
That explains it
XBOX 4 LIF YO!
Original post by kaikun97
Console tends to be the cheaper option and easier to setup if you rule out the price of games.

Also support for the hardware tends to last longer as well without having to upgrade.

You say that, there is the PS4.5 and the "scorpio" around the corner. What's that? 3 years?
Original post by Drunk Punx
"Precision accuracy" translates to "eye dun no how 2 use contrololololer".

Unless whatever you're trying to hit is a few pixels across, you don't need such accuracy. I've got a lot more respect for console gamers with hench KDRs because they not just pointing and clicking.

Other than that, you've got it pretty much spot on... but I'll still stay with console despite the comparative drawbacks.

I mean, you're aware that the other players get to point and click also right?

I'm not necessarily convinced that being superior at stick wiggling than your average Joe is more praiseworthy than being a superior point and clicker than your average Joe.

Although from my recent experience with Overwatch I can say that the point and clicker's own me if I try to stick wiggle rather than point and click back. But the sofa is so comfy :frown:
Original post by Magic Member
Higher quality gaming set ups tend to have cheaper running costs.

Reminds me of high-school when all the chavs had Xbox 360's and the people with rich parents had PS3's. PC is better.

Define cheaper running costs? Most of my friend's rigs acted as a replacement for radiators/heating during winter.
Well yeah its better. But it costs a bit to buy a pc which can run the new games. Also I get more of a community feel from the xbox. (Pissing people off mainly because of forced game chat on search and destroy) I do play the xbox more cause I know people who play it.

But yeah depending on the Pc, its better obviously.
Original post by Kholmes1
Well yeah its better. But it costs a bit to buy a pc which can run the new games. Also I get more of a community feel from the xbox. (Pissing people off mainly because of forced game chat on search and destroy) I do play the xbox more cause I know people who play it.

But yeah depending on the Pc, its better obviously.

In the end, PC is much cheaper. If you think about the games and paying for Xbox Live etc, it all adds up. I've got over 80 games in my Steam Library, and I haven't spent over £100
Original post by MrFudgeTheGuy
In the end, PC is much cheaper. If you think about the games and paying for Xbox Live etc, it all adds up. I've got over 80 games in my Steam Library, and I haven't spent over £100

Oh yeah. Steam summer sale is coming up.
Tbf I don't think I've bought anything in the last 3-4 steam sales. The prices typically aren't as impressive as they used to be (on newer games), humble bundles mean I typically have nearly every indie going and there is more competition so there are often plenty of decent sales going on elsewhere also.
Original post by Kholmes1
Oh yeah. Steam summer sale is coming up.

On the day of the EU referendum.

[video="youtube;tt6BI1-VyX8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt6BI1-VyX8[/video]
Original post by Elivercury
I mean, you're aware that the other players get to point and click also right?

I'm not necessarily convinced that being superior at stick wiggling than your average Joe is more praiseworthy than being a superior point and clicker than your average Joe.

Although from my recent experience with Overwatch I can say that the point and clicker's own me if I try to stick wiggle rather than point and click back. But the sofa is so comfy :frown:

Of course. But why do you think that the PC gamers pwned the console gamers in that match that I have no idea about yet people always bring up between the two? Pointing and clicking is easier.

When you "stick wiggle", as you say (I have no idea what it's actually called, so we'll go with it for that reason and because it's quite amusing), you feel the game; you turn with the game, you look with the game, and you aim with the game. When you point and click you... point and click. It's not that different to using a gun at an arcade, aside from the lack of pointing at a screen. I've explained it badly, but you catch my drift right?

Point being, it takes more skill to use a controller than it does to point and click.
serah, your opinion of ps4 neo & project scorpio (scorpio you could argue is a pc as microsoft have made windows 10 universal ie same source code & apps on desktop, xbox and windows phones / you will be able to play xbox games on pc). ps4 neo looks interesting and want to have it but.. is it worth it if there are no 4k games
Original post by MemeChildPL
pc is better than console in many ways:

-keyboard and mouse for precision accuracy

I hate the fiddly mouse and keyboard - it's awful.

-more mature community

lol is this a demonstration of this fact? and even still, who cares about the community or the fan base? what about the ****ing game?

-1080p to 4K display

and the next gen consoles *don't* have 1080p?

-waay faster

probably

-cheaper games

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more expensive "console" though if your other points apply :|

-no need to pay for xbox live

PS4 is free, m8

-mods

wow

-WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more games

quantity > quality?

if a game is £40 for xbox, its on Steam for £15

why don't you just torrent your games though? also, after waiting a year or two, prices on either platform drop anyway!

go ahead, xbox fanboys, send me worthless hate.

xbox? I thought this was about "consoles"? :lol: what
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest