The Student Room Group

What 3 words would you use to describe the EU?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kennyboy69.5
HeyItsMyBuddyEuan

AverageCluelessBrexiterReadingOneArticleAboutPoliticalUnionAndBasingHisEntireVoteUponThat

NeededAnotherWord

This made me die :rofl:
Reply 21
AndHesAlreadyStartedRepeatingHimself

Good

Night

a v e r a g e
r e m a i n
v o t e r
One-size
fits
all
Original post by EuanF
a v e r a g e
r e m a i n
v o t e r

HeresABrexiterPeople

TakeAGoodLook

ThrowHimSomeCommonSenseIfYoureFeelingGenerous
Reply 24
HeresABrexiterPeople

TakeAGoodLook

ThrowHimSomeCommonSenseIfYoureFeelingGenerous

Your
Sunglasses
Suck
Original post by EuanF
Your
Sunglasses
Suck

SuckAs

HardAs

YourMomDidLastNight
Reply 26
SuckAs

HardAs

YourMomDidLastNight

Tier
Bants
Diplomatic
Roman
Empire
Original post by LibertyMan
No meme responses please.

Say what impression the atmosphere of the EU gives you- and be honest. I am interested.

My first word would be exclusive, because it seems like everything that happens in it, every decision that is made, takes place behind closed doors, in obscure parliaments and debates, and in foreign languages. For similar reasons, I would also describe it as elitist. Nothing in Europe happens without it going through the EU first, and average people do not feel able to have control- not to mention that nobody really knows the heads and presidents of the EU that well.

My final word would be... foreign. Because it really gives the impression of being a French or German run project with the British not really in on it.

Those are just my emotional, intuitive ideas. But they are important- the feelings that a government inspires in the people are a massive driving force of that nation's future.

Un-democratic elitist union
Restrictive
Undemocratic
Pointless
Reply 30
Optimistic

TookAPillInIbiza

Reductionist
Unbalanced
Fascist
Dictatorship
Reply 32
Not 3 words but the eu is basically the closest thing to the illuminati that actually exists
Erasmus
was
great.

:tongue:
Original post by balanced
Un-democratic elitist union

Original post by MrMackyTv
Restrictive
Undemocratic
Pointless

Original post by epoddoulc
Unbalanced
Fascist
Dictatorship

lol

All these big scary words. If the EU is really that bad, why do you need to lie about it? It's not undemocratic. British MEPs make up 10% of the European Parliament. It's more democratic than the UK.
slimy sovereignty snatchers
Original post by JordanL_
lol

All these big scary words. If the EU is really that bad, why do you need to lie about it? It's not undemocratic. British MEPs make up 10% of the European Parliament. It's more democratic than the UK.

Come on give it a rest, even the most pro-EU remain supporter admits its not more democratic than the UK and it needs to change to be more democratic. Also wow nearly a whole 10%, that really gives us influence.
Controlling
Restrictive
Bureaucratic
Original post by sebby491
Come on give it a rest, even the most pro-EU remain supporter admits its not more democratic than the UK and it needs to change to be more democratic. Also wow nearly a whole 10%, that really gives us influence.

Well, I disagree. The EU gets stuff done because it's not democratic. We need expensive and radical climate change legislation, but nobody will introduce it because the voters don't want to sacrifice some £££ to secure a future for their grandkids. The EU can make those hard decisions that are better for all of us in the long run.

10% in a parliament of 28 countries, that gives us more influence than almost every other country in the EU. When you elect an MP, that MP makes up about 0.15% of Parliament, and that's the same regardless of how many people live in your constituency so some constituencies have less power than others.

Quick Reply