The Student Room Group

Ugly

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
What makes someone physically ugly?

butter face
Original post by RoyalMarine
that's obviously false. You can have preferences(like blonde hair) but beauty is universal. For example I prefer dark hair girls but I recognise a beautiful blonde girl if she is.

That's false. Take Daniel Craig for example, some girls have told me that they find his looks "repulsive", but I also know other girls who find him quite attractive. So from what I've witnessed beauty is subjective.
(edited 7 years ago)
Depends on the definition of beauty and the culture surrounding it.

I never meet someone who was actually ugly in my life before. There are unattractive people in the world but there is no one who is repulsive physically, People can be plain looking but it doesn't make them ugly. Ugly is a harsh word and exaggeration. "Ugly" people are actually just plain and average looking people. They don't stand out or give you that wow factor. Majority of the population are average looking w/o the Photoshop and makeup.
(edited 7 years ago)
a stuck up sh*t with a crappy personality
Original post by Juju Banton
That's false. Take Daniel Craig for example, some girls have told me that they find his looks "repulsive", but I also know other girls who find him quite attractive. So from what I've witnessed beauty is subjective.

he's old,we're talking about different points. For example,do you know any girl who finds the young Tom Cruise of Top Gun ugly? Come on,everyone knows who is a handsome guy or a hot girl when they see them. Then there are preferences which are subjective(hair colour,skin,etc.) but there is a common sense of beauty.

For example this guy is handsome,no way to deny that.
he's old,we're talking about different points. For example,do you know any girl who finds the young Tom Cruise of Top Gun ugly? Come on,everyone knows who is a handsome guy or a hot girl when they see them. Then there are preferences which are subjective(hair colour,skin,etc.) but there is a common sense of beauty.

For example this guy is handsome,no way to deny that.

"He's old"!!:indiff:

Seriously, okay whatever, I am not going to have some argument over something so petty.:rolleyes:

Believe what you want.
(edited 7 years ago)
When they stink. Everyone smells occasionally but going out knowing you smell of ****, B.O and whatever else is just disgusting :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
"He's old"!!:indiff:

Seriously, okay whatever, I am not going to have some argument over something so petty.:rolleyes:

Believe what you want.

well yes,he's quite old look at him

As for Top Gun,all girls I heard who watched it don't comment on F-14s,on the Navy,on the 'need for speed' but they ALL comment on 'how hot was Tom' :biggrin:
[video]https://youtu.be/Bx51eegLTY8[/video]
Original post by Spock's Socks
When they stink. Everyone smells occasionally but going out knowing you smell of ****, B.O and whatever else is just disgusting :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I disagree,of course stink is disgusting but an ugly perfumed girl is still ugly. I wouldn't mind chatting with Natalie Portman even if she's just out of the gym though :biggrin:
Original post by Vicky628
My face:h:

Hey! You don't insult L, okay? he's beautiful!

Spoiler

Scientifically, symmetrical faces are the most attractive and asymmetrical faces are the most unattractive. (As symmetry is a very good sign that you've got some damn good genes boi)

Take a picture of yourself (no weird angles), straight on. Then cut the picture in half and copy one half, flip it and put it onto the other side of your face. If you still look like yourself to some degree, you're probably hot

idek

EDIT: Here's an example:

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Romanoff
Scientifically, symmetrical faces are the most attractive and asymmetrical faces are the most unattractive. (As symmetry is a very good sign that you've got some damn good genes boi)

Take a picture of yourself (no weird angles), straight on. Then cut the picture in half and copy one half, flip it and put it onto the other side of your face. If you still look like yourself to some degree, you're probably hot

idek

EDIT: Here's an example:

I have bad genes boi, very bad genes :eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3:
well yes,he's quite old look at him

As for Top Gun,all girls I heard who watched it don't comment on F-14s,on the Navy,on the 'need for speed' but they ALL comment on 'how hot was Tom' :biggrin:
[video]https://youtu.be/Bx51eegLTY8[/video]

I know what Daniel Craig looks like.:facepalm:

Daniel Craig is only 48, Pierce Brosnan was 47 when he was sexiest man alive, Richard Gere was 50, Nick Nolte was 51 all those I listed were voted sexiest man alive in their late 40's and early 50's.

Age has nothing to do with it. And not all girls found Tom attractive, some said he had a huge nose and was quite small at 5 feet 5.

I can't believe I am still willing to quote this mule.:sigh:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2840313/A-look-People-s-Sexiest-Man-Alive-winners-years-28th-recipient-announced.html
(edited 7 years ago)
Ask a plastic surgeon. They're pretty knowledgeable about facial features and dimensions that are considered beautiful.
I know what Daniel Craig looks like.:facepalm:

Daniel Craig is only 48, Pierce Brosnan was 47 when he was sexiest man alive, Richard Gere was 50, Nick Nolte was 51 all those I listed were voted sexiest man alive in their late 40's and early 50's.

Age has nothing to do with it. And not all girls found Tom attractive, some said he had a huge nose and was quite small at 5 feet 5.

I can't believe I am still willing to quote this mule.:sigh:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2840313/A-look-People-s-Sexiest-Man-Alive-winners-years-28th-recipient-announced.html

But there must be a common sense about beauty. If not then how come some guys can have lots of pretty girls?If there wasn't common sense then everyone would have the same results.

As for the men you mentioned,Craig LOOKS old,I didn't mention his actual age. Comprehension wasn't your best at school.I never heard girls disliking Tom Cruise,just stupid trolls on the internet lol.I doubt you can find a girl who would reject him in real life.

'Hey pretty girl,what you doing tonight?'
that's obviously false. You can have preferences(like blonde hair) but beauty is universal. For example I prefer dark hair girls but I recognise a beautiful blonde girl if she is.

Not really, there have been many times when I've thought someone looked really attractive but on the flipside my friend would think that they looked average..
Beauty is subjective, a person can be ugly in one person's eyes but attractive to another.

that is true to some degree but seriously some people are just 'ugly'
Original post by Namita Gurung
Definitely personality.

I know some people who may be deemed as 'ugly' at first glance but once you get to know them, their personality outshines what they look like, which makes them attractive.

i think in this case the OP is on about looks and not in gereal
Everyone is beautiful in their own way.
Some have features we find unattractive but somebody else finds attractive hence making it subjective.
Personality is what makes someone beautiful because a girl with a beautiful face and body but a horrible personality will go nowhere.

The media has a horrible way of portraying the ideal woman :redface:
Original post by AppleB
Everyone is beautiful in their own way.
Some have features we find unattractive but somebody else finds attractive hence making it subjective.
Personality is what makes someone beautiful because a girl with a beautiful face and body but a horrible personality will go nowhere.

The media has a horrible way of portraying the ideal woman :redface:

False,a beautiful girl with horrible personality has the world at her feet. She will get the best out of this world. On the other hand,an ugly girl with good personality will get the rejects because she will be the last choice of every man.
We want this(her bf is a lucky boy)
So let's see if beauty is subjective. Girls who do you like more between these two guys?

LOL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending