The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yung7up
Yeah chemistry im pretty much there with just keep dropping silly marks for not reading the q properly!! AQA for chem or...?

I'm OCR 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

looool m8 you need to put your head down ocr do not mess around
Original post by SunDun111
I got 174 ums last year an A grade, I said on results day I am going to go for the A*, now I am probably gona be lucky to get a B :frown:

How come ? Didn't psay3 go well or don't you feel as
Prepared as last year ? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5043
Hi, can someone help me with this question "Outline one biological intervention for reducing addictive behaviour and evaluate theeffectiveness of this intervention. (4 marks + 6 marks)".

In the book for types of intervention, there are two biological interventions given - heroine addiction substituted with methadone and SSRIs for gambling addiction. First of all, if I were to select any of these, I don't think there is enough content to outline for 4 marks and secondly there is not A02 in the book either. There is about one A02 for each intervention which is definitely not enough for 6 marks.

Does anyone have any other interventions that they think may be better to answer this question, or any extra points for the ones given in the book in order to get full marks. I'm really struggling with this. If it were outline and evaluate biological interventions in general it would be okay, but since it asks for one specifically, I don't have enough detail to write a 10 marker on it. Would nictotine replacement therapy (NRT) be a good idea? I don't know.. Any help please?
Guys remember that 12 marker last year on unit 1 for bowblys theory lmao i dont know why i just remembered it but i missed that out and like 2 other questions and i was pisssedddd
Original post by yung7up
Guys remember that 12 marker last year on unit 1 for bowblys theory lmao i dont know why i just remembered it but i missed that out and like 2 other questions and i was pisssedddd

What grade did you get /UMS
How do you get an A overall? 80% over both years?
Hey guys, wanted to ask how is revision going? Have you finished covering everything?

I still haven't covered research methods and Models of addictive behaviour..so I'm f****d 😆
Can anyone help me with the addiction part? I am so stressful for it as I am not sure about my stuffs are able to score or not.
Original post by forbidden404
Can anyone help me with the addiction part? I am so stressful for it as I am not sure about my stuffs are able to score or not.

Wha my are you stressed about? Which part? Btw I wanted to ask- have you learn A02 for all the models of gambling and smoking? (Cause I'm planning on just revising the Ao1 as there's not enough time)
Appropriate stats test to check inter rater reliability???

Spearmans or test-rest etc?
Original post by Marli-Ruth
Appropriate stats test to check inter rater reliability???

Spearmans or test-rest etc?

I don't understand why stats tests are brought into this, but to check inter-rater reliability you get two observers to observe the same thing, and if their results are similar it makes it more reliable
Reply 5052
Original post by yasx_
Hi, can someone help me with this question "Outline one biological intervention for reducing addictive behaviour and evaluate theeffectiveness of this intervention. (4 marks + 6 marks)".

In the book for types of intervention, there are two biological interventions given - heroine addiction substituted with methadone and SSRIs for gambling addiction. First of all, if I were to select any of these, I don't think there is enough content to outline for 4 marks and secondly there is not A02 in the book either. There is about one A02 for each intervention which is definitely not enough for 6 marks.

Does anyone have any other interventions that they think may be better to answer this question, or any extra points for the ones given in the book in order to get full marks. I'm really struggling with this. If it were outline and evaluate biological interventions in general it would be okay, but since it asks for one specifically, I don't have enough detail to write a 10 marker on it. Would nictotine replacement therapy (NRT) be a good idea? I don't know.. Any help please?

NRT would be a good one bcos u can talk about nicotine patches, nicotine gum etc and then just evaluate for example nrt releases nicotone into bloodstream much slower so many smokers give up therapy bcos not as satisfying as actual cigarette.

Or for intervention for drug use u can talk about antagnostic druga such as naltrexone one used to treat opiate addictions and gambling as decreases level of dopamine in brain which makes gambling less rewarding
Sorry of this is so vague lol im literally trying to learn it all now😩
Hello
For PSYA3 in the eating behaviour topic instead of talking about biological I wrote a whole full essay on psychological would I get any marks (20 mark essay)
Thank you
Reply 5054
Original post by SunDun111
Can someone explain to me, I know why a type 1 error, is when you reject the null hypothesis when its actually true, because you was too lenient with your significance level, but can someone explain why?

Because saying the results were significant when they were not so its a type one error
Hope that made sense but i may be wrong
Original post by hnaveeed846
Hello
For PSYA3 in the eating behaviour topic instead of talking about biological I wrote a whole full essay on psychological would I get any marks (20 mark essay)
Thank you

Impossible, sorry :frown:
Reply 5056
Original post by xxsv
Do you think loopas predictions are trustworthy for this exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No.
Original post by NHM
No.

He got all my topics right last year even when there was a replacement paper
What sorta timing should we be looking at for this exam? I know the first topic we should spend about 30 mins on, but what about the next one and research methods? 30/40/50?
Original post by yung7up
Of course yes, cut it very short though i only have wednesday and tuesday to revise. wbu?

Do you most of it? Is your bio exam 1h15 and 2h? If so how much do you know/remember

Latest

Trending

Trending