The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level French 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
does anyone have any tips on how to find mistakes in essays ?? my accuracy mark is always quite low
Reply 81
What else could come up besides themes for the book question (q12)? I'm also doing sac de billes. Also, does anyone have any predictions for question 11 which is on the time period (i'm doing l'occupation)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 82
any particular constructions to try and include in the essay? Also what are your plans for timings?
Does anybody have an example model answer essay? For some reason my teacher never gave me one. Doesn't matter what topic.

Also exactly how detailed should analysis be??
Original post by oa98
any particular constructions to try and include in the essay? Also what are your plans for timings?

I split mine up to three.
Essay+Translations i do first (65 marks), should take me 1hr 15mins
Reading should take me 30 mins
Listening should take me 45 mins (i'm a little slow with listenings).
Original post by Pablo Picasso
I split mine up to three.
Essay+Translations i do first (65 marks), should take me 1hr 15mins
Reading should take me 30 mins
Listening should take me 45 mins (i'm a little slow with listenings).

So do you do essay or translations first? Do you find this works better?
Original post by EmilyImpossible
So do you do essay or translations first? Do you find this works better?

I usually look at the essay titles first to give my brain time to think about how to answer it. Then I do the translation and then the rest of the paper in order.
Does anyone have the mark scheme for the unit 3 June 2012 paper?
Reply 88
Original post by maddyrippon
Does anyone have the mark scheme for the unit 3 June 2012 paper?

http://freeexampapers.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=101&jsmallfib=1&dir=JSROOT/A-Level/French/AQA/2650/2012-Jun scroll down until you find like fren-3-ms or something - you'll find it in there :smile:

Thank you so much I've been trawling down google search pages for AGES trying to find it!
Reply 90
Original post by maddyrippon
Thank you so much I've been trawling down google search pages for AGES trying to find it!

De rien :tongue:
so the exam is tomorrow and I've suddenly lost the majority of my hearing.... Having it live spoken by my teacher in an attempt to lip read but guessing I can wave bye bye to uni already....
Original post by oa98

Try use some idiomatic phrases to express opinion like d'après moi, quant à moi and stuff like that, maybe a si clause if it fits the essay title and question, and some subjunctive trigger phrases are always good, or using laquelle duquel auxquelles etc I normally plan the essay first, do the translations then do the paper, check my translations and then write my essay then check it all again if I have time
Everyone Bonne Chance pour demain!
Good luck for everyone. Try translating:

1. Looking at the wider picture, it would make no difference if the government were to impose such measures
1. In an attempt to fight against the growing problem of global warming, the government ought to reinforce necessary measures
Reply 95
Any predictions for the film essay???
I think this year's translation will be on poverty (french to english). Last year wasn't it discrimination?
Original post by safhassan
I think this year's translation will be on poverty (french to english). Last year wasn't it discrimination?

It really doesn't matter. They chose at random, could you whatever. The listening and reading will cover everything anyway
any last minute revision tips? Been trying to revise for ages but i'm still struggling so much with my accuracy and grammar. Do you think for the essays if I just had a lot of content could I still do reasonably ok in it? I'm only aiming for a C anyway because I find French so difficult
Reply 99
What do people think the essays could be on?? Themes or success, Originality?
Individualism is the same as originality right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending