The Student Room Group

So gay people are now being targeted by Islamic extremists in their own countries?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 440
Original post by WhiteMan16
Indeed. Because having easy access to guns has almost totally eliminated death by gunshot in the USA. A salutory lesson for the rest of the world.
Original post by Raizelcadres
Define physical abuse and look at my other reply. Peace

I have but you confirmed it is OK in certain circumstances to use physical violence against a wife

'can only be used as a last resort '
Original post by BaconandSauce
I have but you confirmed it is OK in certain circumstances to use physical violence against a wife

'can only be used as a last resort '

Define physical violence and here is the definition of beating which I copied from my other reply " Islams definition of "beating" is that you must first of all not "hit" her anywhere near the face, you must not "hit" her so hard that her skin turns red (go on experiment on your wrist by hitting gently and you will see it turns red just with minimal force), skin starts bleeding, bruises and bones are to be broken. This is all not allowed. The reason why "beating" is used as LAST RESORT is to show serious one is."
Original post by thunder_chunky
Or maybe he was genuinely religious.

We will never know
Define physical violence and here is the definition of beating which I copied from my other reply " Islams definition of "beating" is that you must first of all not "hit" her anywhere near the face, you must not "hit" her so hard that her skin turns red (go on experiment on your wrist by hitting gently and you will see it turns red just with minimal force), skin starts bleeding, bruises and bones are to be broken. This is all not allowed. The reason why "beating" is used as LAST RESORT is to show serious one is."

I'm not the one defending wife beating

I'm simply pointing out the facts

Islam allows you to beat your wife (how hard is up for discussion but that is all)

he beat his wife

Some now claim that beating your wife is wrong so he must have been mentally ill despite this being allowed in Islam

All I am doing is showing the stupidity of such claims
Reply 445
Lool smh. Please look at what I said, the definition of beating is completely different in Islam than what you think. Islams definition of "beating" is that you must first of all not "hit" her anywhere near the face, you must not "hit" her so hard that her skin turns red (go on experiment on your wrist by hitting gently and you will see it turns red just with minimal force), skin starts bleeding, bruises and bones are to be broken. This is all not allowed. The reason why "beating" is used as LAST RESORT is to show serious one is.

Hope it helps.
So, you agree that the Quran permits Muslims to beat their wives under certain conditions.

And you are defending this? SMH
I guess that you also claim that "Islamic slavery" is not a bad thing.

BTW, I came off my mountain bike a couple of months ago. Hurt like **** for days, but there wasn't a mark on me. You don't have to leave marks for it to hurt.

But just as important, it is what it says about the dynamics of a Muslim marriage.
Original post by xxvine
We will never know

Yes we will

The facts will all come out

So you can still commit battery, a crime worth six months in prison and a £5000 fine, and that's just allowed because women are viewed as inferior? And people wonder why others have a healthy dislike for many organised religions.
Thanks for confirming Islam can be used to justify hate

Where did i say that
stop putting words in my mouth...

What i meant was that this was clearly a sick individual...his wife confirmed it didn't she? She said he wasn't very religious or was he...I don't know?

Religion is a problem as we have seen countless people kill in the name of religion but America's gun culture is the biggest problem. He wouldn't have been able to do what he did so easily if gun laws were restricted.
Original post by xxvine
Where did i say that

What i meant was that this was clearly a sick individual...his wife confirmed it didn't she? She said he wasn't very religious or was he...I don't know?

Religion is a problem as we have seen countless people kill in the name of religion but America's gun culture is the biggest problem. He wouldn't have been able to do what he did so easily if gun laws were restricted.

Exactly. People say "but terrorists will find a way!". It doesn't matter. He got those guns legally.
Yes we will

The facts will all come out

The biggest problem is America's gun laws not even ISIS in this case.

We have seen countless school shootings in America committed without any relation to religion.

They will never learn sadly.
Original post by QE2
So, you agree that the Quran permits Muslims to beat their wives under certain conditions.

BTW, I came off my mountain bike a couple of months ago. Hurt like **** for days, but there wasn't a mark on me. You don't have to leave marks for it to hurt.

But just as important, it is what it says about the dynamics of a Muslim marriage.

I wonder if water boarding would be OK!

Doesn't leave a mark at all
I'm not the one defending wife beating

I'm simply pointing out the facts

Islam allows you to beat your wife (how hard is up for discussion but that is all)

he beat his wife

Some now claim that beating your wife is wrong so he must have been mentally ill despite this being allowed in Islam

All I am doing is showing the stupidity of such claims

Oh, I see. But the way you make it sound is that "beating" your wife for just not dressing the way he wanted her to and not cooking around the house. These factors are mainly due to culture (which can be a lovely and horrible thing)
Original post by xxvine
The biggest problem is America's gun laws not even ISIS in this case.

We have seen countless school shootings in America committed without any relation to religion.

They will never learn sadly.

Muslims have still been able to commit mass murder within countries that have strict gun laws

The common thing in all these attack and the problem is not 'individual countries' gun laws but the Muslims commenting the slaughter in the name of Islam
Original post by QE2

I don't know why your focusing so much on religion here when gun laws should be the main taking point.

This guy was able to get hold of a gun and kill 50 people within minutes. We saw Adam Lanza walk into a school and kill 26 people within 5 minutes and he wasn't a muslim. He still was a terrorist though.

The fact that everybody is talking about religion just deviates from the main problem. Only in America though.
Oh, I see. But the way you make it sound is that "beating" your wife for just not dressing the way he wanted her to and not cooking around the house. These factors are mainly due to culture (which can be a lovely and horrible thing)

But still acceptable according to Islam
Muslims have still been able to commit mass murder within countries that have strict gun laws

The common thing in all these attack and the problem is not 'individual countries' gun laws but the Muslims commenting the slaughter in the name of Islam

You clearly have an agenda

The case is in America though...I am not talking about other cases.

Why hasn't something like this happened in the UK? Because we have strict gun laws. It's harder to commit acts like that over here.

Focus on religion all you want though. Next time we sill see a white kid shoot up a school and kill many like is always the case there.
Original post by xxvine
Where did i say that

You said he 'used the religion to justify his hate. '

The religion he used was Islam

so Islam can be used to justify hate

I did not put words in your mouth
Original post by Mactotaur
So you can still commit battery, a crime worth six months in prison and a £5000 fine, and that's just allowed because women are viewed as inferior? And people wonder why others have a healthy dislike for many organised religions.

huh what? I don't understand where women are being inferior to men came from.
Original post by xxvine
You clearly have an agenda

The case is in America though...I am not talking about other cases.

Why hasn't something like this happened in the UK? Because we have strict gun laws. It's harder to commit acts like that over here.

Focus on religion all you want though. Next time we sill see a white kid shoot up a school and kill many like is always the case there.

As do you

you want this Islamic inspired slaughter to be different from all the other Islamic inspired slaughter

you are here to protect islam nothing more

and FYI it has nearly happened in the UK but the police got lucky and prevented it so while being harder still isn't going to stop it from happening.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending