The Student Room Group

AQA A2 English Literature 2016 - Love Through The Ages. Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi All

I don't suppose anybody saw my message above?

Kind regards,
Alex
Original post by charmantell
Thank you very much!

Unfortunately this isn't the case, as to get an A* you need 90% in both A2 modules ( currently my least favourite thing in the world). Congrats on your excellent results last year and your amazing coursework, it should be pretty easy to get an A. But for the A*, I'm afraid you will need 90% UMS in this module also, so 68+ out of 40. :frown: I know it's annoying, it's my least favourite thing in the world currently.
PLEASE anyone!!!!

Can anybody help me work out what I need in the exam to get an A?

Last year I got 100% in both coursework essays and a high A in the exam totalling to 192/200UMS

This year I got 67/70 in the coursework...

Thank you !!!
Original post by Salmon33
PLEASE anyone!!!!

Can anybody help me work out what I need in the exam to get an A?

Last year I got 100% in both coursework essays and a high A in the exam totalling to 192/200UMS

This year I got 67/70 in the coursework...

Thank you !!!

I got similar marks to you last year and in my coursework this year, and my teacher said I will only need a C grade to get an A overall. :smile: Well done on your marks! Definitely takes the pressure off.
For Question 1 of the exam which asks: "Write a comparison of these two poems", what exactly are we comparing? I thought we had to compare the presentation of love but I have seen essays comparing power!

Please someone explain :smile:
Also, what genre does everyone think will come up this year for Question 1?

I hope it's poems but unlikely (as its come up many times)
Original post by wordnerd
I got similar marks to you last year and in my coursework this year, and my teacher said I will only need a C grade to get an A overall. :smile: Well done on your marks! Definitely takes the pressure off.

Amazing, that takes so much pressure off. Well done to you too WordNerd <3
Original post by cherrybanana
For Question 1 of the exam which asks: "Write a comparison of these two poems", what exactly are we comparing? I thought we had to compare the presentation of love but I have seen essays comparing power!

Please someone explain :smile:

Compare whatever you want. They haven't specified anything. I mean as long as you keep it vaguely centralized on love, you'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GetOverHere
Compare whatever you want. They haven't specified anything. I mean as long as you keep it vaguely centralized on love, you'll be fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhhh ok I get it :smile: Thank you!
Can anybody give me advice on how to pick up a theme in Question 1? I know that's such an ambiguous question but is there any prompts or key words that come up? I'm soooooo stressed especially because poetry in question 1 is unlikely to come up.
Can anyone help, when linking wider reading by theme, I'm not sure how to make links to a text from different periods. IE, comparing unseen texts on unrequited love during the victorian era to my wider reading of unrequited love which is more concentrated during the modernist period. Any guidance / advice would be really helpful!!
Reply 171
Original post by Beans4Brekky
Can anyone help, when linking wider reading by theme, I'm not sure how to make links to a text from different periods. IE, comparing unseen texts on unrequited love during the victorian era to my wider reading of unrequited love which is more concentrated during the modernist period. Any guidance / advice would be really helpful!!

When linking wider reading I think it just has to be the ideas that are similar, not the time period. If your wider reading text is from a different time period you could always compare it and then contrast it, e.g. first saying that both Text A and your wider reading have a similar theme/idea and then after that analysis mentioning that they are also different because of the time periods they were written in and then you could bring in some context for A04. I hope this helps :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AnkitKapoor
I have some ! What's your email address?

Hey, please may I have some too? My email address is [email protected]
I'm not prepared at all for this exam. Does anyone have a summary of revision notes covering everything? I missed 55% of lessons this year and I need an A to get into uni. My chances are so skewed and I don't have any idea of how to plan or where to start my revision whatsoever. I can't remember much about various time periods so I'm doomed.
Original post by Salmon33
The fundamental thing that I am majorly confused about for this exam is being able to recognise literary periods and their genre. I often misunderstand the literary period and therefore cannot explore the conventions. Does anyone have a list of the periods/genres and their conventions, it would help me so much!!! Thank you!!

same please
Does anyone have any example answers they could email me? It would be much appreciated.

My email is [email protected]
Original post by MClu04
When linking wider reading I think it just has to be the ideas that are similar, not the time period. If your wider reading text is from a different time period you could always compare it and then contrast it, e.g. first saying that both Text A and your wider reading have a similar theme/idea and then after that analysis mentioning that they are also different because of the time periods they were written in and then you could bring in some context for A04. I hope this helps :smile:

thank you!
Reply 177
Does anyone have any essay templates to follow, e.g. What goes in each paragraph. As I'm struggling on how to structure my essays😬
For some reason I am super worried about this exam, when I know I shouldn't be that worried. It's my best subject and I've never failed even a practice exam but I feel like I'm not doing enough.

What is everyone doing to revise for the exam? I can't do any full length answers now because obviously it's a bit too late to do anymore and my teacher isn't at school now and I've got a list of quotes to remember, I don't know what else I should be doing to prepare :frown:
Reply 179
Where can I find exemplar material for this exam??!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending