The Student Room Group

What are your predictions for edexcel maths grade boundaries?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by funky2722
Hmm aren't you Mr. Perfect 11*? Why are you worrying, where's your arrogance gone? Oh, I remembered, you feel as if you need to shamelessly mock other people, to fulfil your own cynical happiness. Great. I read that you only got 168 or something? How does it feel to know what perhaps you won't get your A*? Perhaps modesty is a virtue you need to get ahold of.

Oh it's fine I took into consideration my working and got 175 😊

Spoiler

Reply 21
Original post by ShaikhaAlK
The Grade Boundaries shown below shows the marks you need to GUARANTEE that grade. These are 'safe grade boundaries' so to speak. Based on previous years, the upper grade Boundaries have historically been, across both papers, roughly:
A* - 170
A - 140
B - 110
C - 70

To All

Please note if you have the the same (or greater than) the marks quoted above you have a high probability that you will get that grade.

There is NO GUARANTEE !!
Original post by CCGI
I found it okay, some of the questions threw me off, I just made lots of silly mistakes in both papers, but hopefully I can scrape an A! What about you?

Eh, found the first paper terrible. Some of the questions had me in the no-zone.
Hopefully I can scrape an A.
Reply 23
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Eh, found the first paper terrible. Some of the questions had me in the no-zone.
Hopefully I can scrape an A.

Good luck, I hope you get your A too!
Original post by CCGI
Good luck, I hope you get your A too!

Thank you, I hope you get an A! I hope everyone get's what they want D: Eh.
Haha, no matter the grades you get, if you aren't likeable, you'll have nothing in life. Also, 175 is not impressive, where did you lose your marks buddy? You seem pretty dumb to me, if you can't even get 195. Idiot.

Funny that someone I have the fortunate pleasure of not knowing is deciding my future. Go and rot in your obvious failure you jealous freak.

Spoiler

i'm not jealous, my grades are better than yours...

Which is why you need to insult me? Take your failures somewhere else. You make me ill☺️
See you know how it feels. I don't like the fact that you were needlessly mocking other people. You make think you're superior, but just be humble. There are thousands of people better than you and there will be thousands better than me, doesn't mean we should go around hating on other people. If you want to contribute, do so properly. And, I don't have any failures of not, stop being obnoxious. Get a life.

Let's talk about your rights. I doubt you have friends tbh
Stop sending me f***ing essays I really cba to read your drivel
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Prussia
Oh it's fine I took into consideration my working and got 175 😊

Spoiler

hey... why are you like this...
Original post by kirigiri
hey... why are you like this...

Because that guy keeps insulting me
Original post by Prussia
Umm why is A* so high

It's a safe grade boundary
Looool everyone needs to calm down. Good on you for doing so well, no need to brag to people who maybe havent done as well as you. And before you call me dumb or whatever else you called other people who called you out, my grades are higher. i just dont feel the need to brag and be rude about it.

On a nicer note, I hope you've all gotten what you wanted/ expected, and good luck on result's day! Sounds like you've all done really well.
When is results day btw?
Reply 32
Original post by Blueee29
Looool everyone needs to calm down. Good on you for doing so well, no need to brag to people who maybe havent done as well as you. And before you call me dumb or whatever else you called other people who called you out, my grades are higher. i just dont feel the need to brag and be rude about it.

On a nicer note, I hope you've all gotten what you wanted/ expected, and good luck on result's day! Sounds like you've all done really well.
When is results day btw?

25th August, grade boundaries come out 24th August.
I think it's exam stress.
Reply 33
Original post by sulaimanali
I think GB will be

A* - 165
A - 135
B - 105
C - 80
D - 60
E - 35

There is always a 38 gap mark between a C/B/A, something similar like that. 80 marks for a C? what you on?
Original post by Lalarw
There is always a 38 gap mark between a C/B/A, something similar like that. 80 marks for a C? what you on?

I don't know anything about a 38 gap mark between A-C Grades.

Yes, I think the GB for C will be or should be around 80 (maybe even 75).

Think about it! 80/200 is 40%. If a person cannot get 40% in something like Maths, which has a definite answer (unlike subjective subjects e.g. English, R.E), can be taught and learnt, then I'm sorry..

I don't think someone can struggle so much to obtain a C? With maths its constant practise and no stress. If one cannot work on their own after trying, there's tuition.
How can a B go from 95 to 105 looooool
Reply 36
I don't know anything about a 38 gap mark between A-C Grades.

Yes, I think the GB for C will be or should be around 80 (maybe even 75).

Think about it! 80/200 is 40%. If a person cannot get 40% in something like Maths, which has a definite answer (unlike subjective subjects e.g. English, R.E), can be taught and learnt, then I'm sorry..

I don't think someone can struggle so much to obtain a C? With maths its constant practise and no stress. If one cannot work on their own after trying, there's tuition.

Look at the grade boundaries for JUNE 2014/13/12. That shall prove you wrong, a lot of people in Manchester were complaining about how hard it was, in previous years it has been 60 ish, I cannot see it coming up to 80, that means that everyone that got 60 marks, therefore they have to do resits? So the government has to pay more money, and then they sit the 9 to 1 one paper which is even harder, logically they should increase the D/C grade boundaries as it is not very hard and yes many clever people found it easy but doesn't imply that the people that are not that good at maths found it easy as-well.

c- 67 ish
Original post by gigge
How can a B go from 95 to 105 looooool

it was a very fair paper. It wasn't something extremely difficult. Lots of people are whining about the easier (C grade and below questions) needlessly.
Original post by Lalarw
Look at the grade boundaries for JUNE 2014/13/12. That shall prove you wrong, a lot of people in Manchester were complaining about how hard it was, in previous years it has been 60 ish, I cannot see it coming up to 80, that means that everyone that got 60 marks, therefore they have to do resits? So the government has to pay more money, and then they sit the 9 to 1 one paper which is even harder, logically they should increase the D/C grade boundaries as it is not very hard and yes many clever people found it easy but doesn't imply that the people that are not that good at maths found it easy as-well.

c- 67 ish

I've seen the GB for those years. I was going to put down 75 but changed it to 80 because I think the paper was a fair one and 80 deserves to be a C (although I hope all the GB drop). It was 65 last year, and this year was much easier than last so I think it might go to 75, defo should go to 70. I don't see why C should go below 70 (35%).

Manchester isn't the only city that took it that everyone's complaining. November are the resits, 9-1 paper isn't needed!
it was a very fair paper. It wasn't something extremely difficult. Lots of people are whining about the easier (C grade and below questions) needlessly.[/b

I would say 100 do you think it will go up to 105 and are grade boundaries made by how everyone did nationally ?? 10 mark difference i find hard to belive i hope it stays 95-100 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending