The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Environmental Studies/Science

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alexs98
Deffo unit 3😂 how did you find todays paper?

It was ok actually! there were a couple I had to guess on a bit but mostly alright i think. How about you?
How are people feeling for ENVS 4? Any predictions/resources would be much appreciated :smile:
Original post by reuben_malachi
It was ok actually! there were a couple I had to guess on a bit but mostly alright i think. How about you?

Not so well, there was quite a lot of guessing and the first question completely threw me:/ there were quite a few repeat qustions though!
Original post by alexs98
Not so well, there was quite a lot of guessing and the first question completely threw me:/ there were quite a few repeat qustions though!

Yes i did notice repeats too, Im sure you did fine though. The first question was horrible wasn't it, a lot harder than previous ones :frown:. Which essay did you choose?
Yes i did notice repeats too, Im sure you did fine though. The first question was horrible wasn't it, a lot harder than previous ones :frown:. Which essay did you choose?

I did the first one about technologies improving renewable energy, what about you?
Original post by alexs98
I did the first one about technologies improving renewable energy, what about you?

I chose that one too. What kind of things did you cover?
I chose that one too. What kind of things did you cover?

I talked about heliostats for solar panel stuff and blade fins tips for wind turbines and basically as much as i could about solar power and wind power, what about you? Also do you remember that question about the coal industry and there were 2 boxes to fill in, what did you write? I put thermal in both:')
Original post by alexs98
I talked about heliostats for solar panel stuff and blade fins tips for wind turbines and basically as much as i could about solar power and wind power, what about you? Also do you remember that question about the coal industry and there were 2 boxes to fill in, what did you write? I put thermal in both:':wink:

Pretty much exactly what I wrote about, hopefully should be ok. I put chemical for the top one and thermal for the one lower down. The chemical one was a guess haha. I was going to put thermal for both, you might be right
Pretty much exactly what I wrote about, hopefully should be ok. I put chemical for the top one and thermal for the one lower down. The chemical one was a guess haha. I was going to put thermal for both, you might be right
nah i doubbt theyd have been both the same, now you mention it i think youre right😂 lets just smash unit 4 and hope for the best!
Original post by alexs98
nah i doubbt theyd have been both the same, now you mention it i think youre right😂 lets just smash unit 4 and hope for the best!

I will try an smash it, but i think its the paper I find harder haha :frown: good luck for Friday anyway.
I will try an smash it, but i think its the paper I find harder haha :frown: good luck for Friday anyway.

Haha, thank you, and yourself!
Here's the thread:smile:
Please tell me other people found the unit 4 exam today rediculously hard or was it just me? 😭
Original post by amie98sutton
Please tell me other people found the unit 4 exam today rediculously hard or was it just me? 😭

No it wasnt just you! The exam was horrific😭 hopefully the grade boundaries will be low!
Original post by alexs98
No it wasnt just you! The exam was horrific😭 hopefully the grade boundaries will be low!

I thought it was quite good really - apart from the long comprehension question about palm oil. And the essays were pretty good, which did you do??
How did you all do?:smile:
Original post by alexs98
How did you all do?:smile:

Awfully. Got a C overall when I was predicted an A. Unit 1- B Unit 2- B Unit 3- C Unit 4- C
😭 I'm at Sussex uni doing Biomedical Science so all is well!!
Reply 197
Hi all, I know this thread is somewhat old but thought I would post and see if anyone had any tips/suggestions for me.
I just started doing this a-level, distant learning, and I am finding it quite hard to study the material and retain the information. not really sure the best way to go about it. Any info would be greatly received. Thanks!

Jodie.
Original post by amie98sutton
Awfully. Got a C overall when I was predicted an A. Unit 1- B Unit 2- B Unit 3- C Unit 4- C
😭 I'm at Sussex uni doing Biomedical Science so all is well!!

Well done getting into uni!! i had a C too, resitting it this year though😅 My grades in each exam were the same bar unit 2, I had a C in that too! How were your other subjects?
Original post by Swash
Hi all, I know this thread is somewhat old but thought I would post and see if anyone had any tips/suggestions for me.
I just started doing this a-level, distant learning, and I am finding it quite hard to study the material and retain the information. not really sure the best way to go about it. Any info would be greatly received. Thanks!

Jodie.

Hi! I know I didn't come out with the best grade, but for me I'd say the most important thing is learn the definitions and go through past papers in depth (loads available on aqa website). The questions tend to follow a pattern and only vary slightly each year. Knowing the definitions is key for those 5 mark questions the paper starts with, and often in the exam paper they will phrase questions where you'llonly be able to answer if you understand the terminology, for example 2 marks- explain the difference between porosity and permeability.
The other big marks are the essays in units 3 and 4. I cannot stress how important it is to practice every essay question you can get your hands on. Always make a plan before you write the essay- look at the essay 1st thing when exam starts and spend 5 mins mindmapping what you want to talk about.

I found mindmaps and flashcards super helpful, and highlighting my text book. Sadly i think the content was rather dry (I took it alongside Chemistry and Biology, so had a lot of overlap) but my favourite way of revising nearer exams was taking each chapter title from the book and writing the key terms related to it, and anyCase Studies (SO IMPORTANT FOR THOSE NIGGLY MARKS!!!)

Best of luck, and if you need any help drop me a reply 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending