A2 - Edexcel Psychology June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Dont use it then init :smile:
Original post by Ismail786
Dont use it then init :smile:

She can because it was in the MS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 562
How are people actually revising unit 4 because I've made mind maps, revision cards, done all the past papers and gone through and marked them and re-done the questions I didn't do well in but it still doesn't seem to actually be going in !!
This is for clinical and issues and debates does anyone have any ideas of what else I can do? wahhh
Original post by Trolleybaby
By starting revision now, do you mean you've done some beforehand but just need to top up? You'll do fine 😊

I wish that's what I meant :lol: To be fair I do know the content really vaguely so I suppose you could say I need to "top up", but yeah I haven't revised before now
Any1 know what time the exam is? I lost my TT and can't print it til I go in tomorrow, I really hope it's >before< French cos I cba doin a 3 hour French exam then sitting this
Original post by rileystringer1
I wish that's what I meant :lol: To be fair I do know the content really vaguely so I suppose you could say I need to "top up", but yeah I haven't revised before now

I'm pretty much in the same position! After the last psych exam (I really messed up lol, did 50 hours of revision but messed up timing etc) I just haven't felt motivated enough to be able to sit down and actually do worthwhile revision.

I know schizophrenia vaguely lol not phobias though and I'm honestly useless at issues and debates!
Reply 566
Any1 know what time the exam is? I lost my TT and can't print it til I go in tomorrow, I really hope it's >before< French cos I cba doin a 3 hour French exam then sitting this

9 :bricks:

its a morning exam
The exam has an 18 marker damn my hands are going to cramp up trying to finish the exam on time! I hate the DSM with a passion hope it doesn't come up a lot.Although, I think the key issue like contributions to child development?!
Original post by Rsprcy
How are people actually revising unit 4 because I've made mind maps, revision cards, done all the past papers and gone through and marked them and re-done the questions I didn't do well in but it still doesn't seem to actually be going in !!
This is for clinical and issues and debates does anyone have any ideas of what else I can do? wahhh

For the stuff I can't remember that well I will write it out and try and remember as much of it as I can, then cover it and write down what I can remember. I then repeat this a couple of times until I remember it almost word for word.

I don't do this for everything though as it becomes far too much to remember! I've found it pretty helpful though
Original post by madhvi patel
The exam has an 18 marker damn my hands are going to cramp up trying to finish the exam on time! I hate the DSM with a passion hope it doesn't come up a lot.Although, I think the key issue like contributions to child development?!

The 18 marker is just a 12 marker with 6 marks for spelling/grammar etc so you don't need to write anymore than you would a 12 marker :smile:
Reply 571
Original post by psychemma
For the stuff I can't remember that well I will write it out and try and remember as much of it as I can, then cover it and write down what I can remember. I then repeat this a couple of times until I remember it almost word for word.

I don't do this for everything though as it becomes far too much to remember! I've found it pretty helpful though

Thank you!! yeah there's just sooo much my brain isn't big enough the multi store model was WRONG it does have a limited capacity
Hey guys, can anyone post the structure of an 18 mark question? I'm confused as to what the difference is between the 12 and 18 mark questions. Thanks, in advance!
Ok well im kinda ****ed...

Just rang my college, the plan was to go into college at 9 and revise psych til half 1 (dno wat I was thinkin tbf) ive just found out ive got french 9-12 so ill have to leave at 8 meaning no morning revision (well I can revise on the bus for 20 mins).

My psych exam has been moved to half 1 cos of french, so of course i have to be "supervised" ill be taken straight from french to a room until psych. Idek if ill be able to revise there, apparently so but even still i only get an hour of last minute revision baring in mind my brain will prob still be in french mode

So basically ive got to revise all of unit 4 today as well as doing as many french translations as possible and rewatching the french film and making last minute notes (which is gona take at least 3 hours)

Wana be in bed by like half 9 ugh ive got such a bad feeling about these two exams :frown: :frown: :frown:

What's worse.. ive got to get the bus straight from the psych exam to work (mcdonalds) and work til 10 (probably 11 cos im meant to start at 2 but obvs i cant), so ive only got wednesday to revise for my first a2 human biology exam

LIFE !!!!
!!!!!!
Can they ask you to describe/evaluate a study (in detail) or a theory from AS?

Just rang my college, the plan was to go into college at 9 and revise psych til half 1 (dno wat I was thinkin tbf) ive just found out ive got french 9-12 so ill have to leave at 8 meaning no morning revision (well I can revise on the bus for 20 mins).

My psych exam has been moved to half 1 cos of french, so of course i have to be "supervised" ill be taken straight from french to a room until psych. Idek if ill be able to revise there, apparently so but even still i only get an hour of last minute revision baring in mind my brain will prob still be in french mode

So basically ive got to revise all of unit 4 today as well as doing as many french translations as possible and rewatching the french film and making last minute notes (which is gona take at least 3 hours)

Wana be in bed by like half 9 ugh ive got such a bad feeling about these two exams :frown: :frown: :frown:

What's worse.. ive got to get the bus straight from the psych exam to work (mcdonalds) and work til 10 (probably 11 cos im meant to start at 2 but obvs i cant), so ive only got wednesday to revise for my first a2 human biology exam

LIFE !!!!
!!!!!!

oooooo
i think you'll do quite well in psych regardless as it seems you know a lot already without looking and you said before this is your better unit
miss out a few things in i&d. go to bed a bit later.
you'll be fine, mate! stay calm

and take your revision stuff with you to revise while being supervised, they should let you.
Original post by lillyjox
Can they ask you to describe/evaluate a study (in detail) or a theory from AS?

No
Original post by chickenfoot
oooooo
i think you'll do quite well in psych regardless as it seems you know a lot already without looking and you said before this is your better unit
miss out a few things in i&d. go to bed a bit later.
you'll be fine, mate! stay calm

and take your revision stuff with you to revise while being supervised, they should let you.

Thanks dude! Yh I think I'm gonna have to.. nature/nurture can do one cos it came up last year, things like ethics studies and contributions I'll just skim over cos after all contributions can be blagged to some extent

They better let me revise after french ! Ill just make a few sticky notes on the things I find hard to remember (like social causation which is wishy washy) and take them for tomorrow as well as my prac/key issue notes so i dont feel like ive got as much to revise

Good luck all . I know I'll need it

LIFE !!!!
!!!!!!

I know exactly how you feel!!!
Tomorrow in the morning I have a psychology exam and I just started proper revision last night and then I have just 1hr to revise for chemistry last minute and that unit 4 too!!!

It just sucks that they had to put 2 A2 exams on the same day the fact that they both are 2hrs!!!! :frown:

Just go through the spec today and bullet point 6 point for A01 and 6 for A02 that's what I'm doing rn I don't have time to read everything 😭

Literally so scared!!!

But we can do this!!! You know your stuff looking at how much you contributed to the thread!!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the 2 studies and their ethical considerations could I use Loftus & Palmer and Yuille & Cutshall or do they have to be from AS?

Quick Reply