The Student Room Group

Official OCR A2 Criminal Law 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Morgan_123
Surely the person would have comitted both S9(1)(a) and S9(1)(b) as they intended to steal and they did steal, a website I found says "in many instances the same conduct could amount to an offence under both sections but not always"

:s-smilie:

I'm not so sure now. I'll have to check with my teacher.
Original post by null.and.void.
:s-smilie:

I'm not so sure now. I'll have to check with my teacher.

Have a look at January 2012 Q7, the mark scheme clearly says that 9(1)a is complete at the point of entry. http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/64635-mark-scheme-unit-g153-criminal-law-january.pdf

However, I am confused as hell.
Reply 162
Thanks! did they predict section B and C at all?

I think I'm going to study in depth the likely topics then skim over the ones from last year otherwise it's just too much :s-smilie:

What came up last year? Can't seem to access the paper.
Reply 163
Honestly, from what we have been told it is very unlikely that omissions will appear however, your right. Anything could come up as this is OCR lol
Original post by GFEFC1

I can only remember that consent, strict liability and special defences were on section A.
Reply 165
Thanks! did they predict section B and C at all?

I think I'm going to study in depth the likely topics then skim over the ones from last year otherwise it's just too much :s-smilie:

with B there is always a property question, homicide and non-fatal aspect. i think defences are likely to come up this year. invol/vol manslaughter and/or murder almost always comes up

section C is unpredictable, it could be anything
Does anyone have Section A answers written up for the cases for the special study paper they'd be willing to email me? Please, it would be so appreciated 😊
Reply 167
Hey guys, I'm really struggling on the A02 side of things, any advice?
Original post by xabsx
with B there is always a property question, homicide and non-fatal aspect. i think defences are likely to come up this year. invol/vol manslaughter and/or murder almost always comes up

section C is unpredictable, it could be anything

Great thanks!
Original post by GFEFC1

Summer 2015 exam paper:

Section A: Consent
Strict Liability
Voluntary manslaughter

Section B: Theft, Burglary and robbery
Murder, attempts and intention
Automatism and insanity

Section C: Offences against the person
Involuntary manslaughter
Reply 170
Summer 2015 exam paper:

Section A: Consent
Strict Liability
Voluntary manslaughter

Section B: Theft, Burglary and robbery
Murder, attempts and intention
Automatism and insanity

Section C: Offences against the person
Involuntary manslaughter

Thanks! If Omissions, Causation, SL, MR, Attempts or Murder come up then it would be perfect
I'm seriously not looking forward to revising strict liability.
Reply 172
Original post by null.and.void.
I'm seriously not looking forward to revising strict liability.

Why?! It's possibly the nicest topic after AR I think
Original post by GFEFC1
Why?! It's possibly the nicest topic after AR I think

It's fairly straightforward, but it probably won't come up as an essay. However, SL makes very nice section C questions.
Reply 174
Original post by 09876543211
It's fairly straightforward, but it probably won't come up as an essay. However, SL makes very nice section C questions.

I'm pretty sure it came up in Section A in 2013 so it is due! (I'm hoping anyway aha)
Original post by GFEFC1
I'm pretty sure it came up in Section A in 2013 so it is due! (I'm hoping anyway aha)

It was on the 2015 paper.
Reply 176
It was on the 2015 paper.

Ahh really? if you was to make a prediction what would it be for this year?
Original post by GFEFC1
Ahh really? if you was to make a prediction what would it be for this year?

It is very tricky to do any kind of predictions with OCR, for example: in Sources of Law module they tend to alter the topics each year, but Statutory Interpretation came up 3 years in a row now, so I don't know what to expect.
However, I would like to think that intoxication comes up since it was a special study last year, also I think it is possible for Attempts or Oblique intent to come up, but that's just a guess.
Reply 178
It is very tricky to do any kind of predictions with OCR, for example: in Sources of Law module they tend to alter the topics each year, but Statutory Interpretation came up 3 years in a row now, so I don't know what to expect.
However, I would like to think that intoxication comes up since it was a special study last year, also I think it is possible for Attempts or Oblique intent to come up, but that's just a guess.

Very true, i done that resit this year and was pretty shocked to see it.
Reply 179
hey i need help, ive left it a week to revise for my criminal paper and ive totally forgot the layout of the paper as im not in college any more im just doing it as an external student. I know you have to answer 2 50 mark questions and another which has less marks. But i really dont know what youre meant to include is it 8 cases and how do you start and finish the essays? Also needs a lot of help with part C question as my teachers never taught us it properly last year and the layout of it.

Many thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending