The Student Room Group

Close TSR for a few weeks in July - request from a senior user

Scroll to see replies

In all honesty, I couldn't give 2 Damn's about politics. I don't even get what's going on :colonhash:
Why doesn't this thread have a poll?
Original post by Tiger Rag

My recent experiences with polls haven't been too good. For one thing, they don't always come out with the desired result.
Original post by Vikingninja
The coracle is first stage but yeah the towers is on second stage (its made of dirt). Basically because you don't get expensive stuff just turns into a massive troll fest with walls made of watchtowers and loads of cannon fodder infantry.

A guy at college had hacked it and created a little biplane that flies around machine gunning stuff. When it landed, a Viking warrior got out. :lol:
Reply 64
Original post by Fullofsurprises
We are all going to need some recovery time after the referendum. Also, TSR is more addictive than crack for many users and finally, I need a break from hate.

Therefore Mods, please close TSR down for 2-3 weeks in July so we can all have a nice rest and perhaps a little holiday somewhere nice? :colondollar:

Please confirm.

You can ask them to temp ban your account...

Why so selfish that you want TSR gone for everyone?
A guy at college had hacked it and created a little biplane that flies around machine gunning stuff. When it landed, a Viking warrior got out. :lol:

Cheats on it were glorious. I remember the one which spawned a stupidly fast car with a rocket launcher. Age of Mythology also had a flying bear (like Superman flying) with a Canadian flag cape that fired lasers out of its eyes.
Original post by Tiger Rag

Democracy is a powerful thing, if the poll resulted in favour of closing TSR for a short period then you'd have to abide by the people's will. Pretty sure most of the TSR team wouldn't want to close it.
Original post by inhuman
You can ask them to temp ban your account...

Why so selfish that you want TSR gone for everyone?

I feel I need to mention that the thread was intended as humour, not a real thing.

Anyone feeling passionate about it can relax, I doubt that TSR will be closing any time soon, other than for the usual technical reasons that close it fairly regularly without any obvious administrative involvement. :teehee:
Original post by Vikingninja
Cheats on it were glorious. I remember the one which spawned a stupidly fast car with a rocket launcher. Age of Mythology also had a flying bear (like Superman flying) with a Canadian flag cape that fired lasers out of its eyes.

Ha, I'd like to have seen those.

Almost as addictive as TSR. :teehee:
We are all going to need some recovery time after the referendum. Also, TSR is more addictive than crack for many users and finally, I need a break from hate.

Therefore Mods, please close TSR down for 2-3 weeks in July so we can all have a nice rest and perhaps a little holiday somewhere nice? :colondollar:

Please confirm.

Can you just not log in for a few weeks? Exercise some will power :tongue:
Ha, I'd like to have seen those.

Almost as addictive as TSR. :teehee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=418dHq6Sb3w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6RfaOwHY2U
I also forgot that the bear has two monkeys with him.
But I break up in less then 2 weeks, what will I waste my time on then?
I second the motion.

But for the reason that when the school holidays begins this place in contaminated by 12 year old idiots.
Reply 73
Apps can be thwarted.

I need serious admin action here, the forum has become too much.

It's time for major changes.

Closure need only be like 20 days or something.

You forgot that TSR is an ugly capitalist business whose economic model relies on the traffic of the website. I can't see this happening.
Seniority is surely not the same as longevity?

I could not face my many followers were I to ban myself. The mere thought of it is shaming.

If you cant manage it I can seek your banning and your followers can blame me. Problem solved.
Get your account banned then.

We shouldn't have to suffer because you lack self control.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Legendary Quest
Because there's no way you'd be able to get four wives. :lol:

Oh yeah? pffft. If I had a small loan of a million dollars, I'd show everyone who's boss...

Besides, I don't even want four wives. One is more than enough. I suffer from onegina anyway...

Original post by Josb
You forgot that TSR is an ugly capitalist business whose economic model relies on the traffic of the website. I can't see this happening.

Lord Trump will make TSR great again!
Reply 77
Joined TSR in Feb 2013

Senior user?

Please confirm.

Why not just log out and leave your room for 2-3 weeks? TSR provides crucial information during this period, particularly for personal statements and the application to university sections.
Original post by 999tigger
If you cant manage it I can seek your banning and your followers can blame me. Problem solved.

You would be crushed in the onslaught. :auto: :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest