The Student Room Group

'NEVER call us racist again' Ukip's black and ethnic minority candidates fight back

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Multiculturalism
There are just token minorities, that doesn't detract from the racist things UKIP says and stands for.

I suspect that many of the 'kippers token minorities are considered 'uncle toms' and 'coconuts ' by their birth communities ...
Reply 41
Original post by captainslow69
Is hypocritical their parents were immigrants. Those parents could've just as easily have been denied entry to the UK. And what would their sons or daughters born and raised here have become in the country of their parents? Most likely nothing.

And if immigration goes uncontrolled, we'll be no better than the countries you're talking about.
Original post by Jebedee
"Flat earth is true" gets over 15 million.

Expect more of you mate tbh.

You've spent more than enough time on here arguing with people to pull some grade school redundant chit like that.
Original post by Nidhoggr
Expect more of you mate tbh.

You've spent more than enough time on here arguing with people to pull some grade school redundant chit like that.

Err, did you forget that you did it first? I was using it to show how irrelevant your point was.
Shame I have to spell it out step by step for you.
Typing "ukip racist" in google returns half a million results.

There's your evidence m8.

And to add to the others, "jet fuel can't melt steel beams," which is pretty specific, also returns almost half a million results.

Also, funnily enough most of the top results are either from anti-UKIP sites, or other opinion pieces saying "this is a load of *******s"
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by The Roast
Name me 3 'racist things' UKIP stands for...

Still no takers I see.:smile:
People who hate UKIP, I suspect, will always call UKIP racist because they can't come up with any real argument or engage in any actual debate with UKIP because they know UKIP is right.

Like that Huffington Post woman in that Cameron Vs Farage thing. Farage bought up a serious, actual point and she didn't like it so she resorted to "Why are you stirring up racist tensions" or whatever. Bringing up another issue to hide the issue she doesn't agree with and knows she'd lose if she actually engaged in a debate with.

As for people call UKIP far-right, most ukippers themselves consider UKIP less right-wing than the Conservative party, so the argument that they're bound to attract racists for that reason is quite untrue, I'd say.
Original post by KimKallstrom
Precisely. I'm no friend of UKIP as I'm erring on the Remain side in the referendum but it's ironic that if you prefer the EU's immigration policy which we currently have to UKIP's then you're a racist.

It's not racist to want to have controls on EU immigration. There are controls on non-EU immigration so does that mean that the current government are racist?
Typing "ukip racist" in google returns half a million results.

There's your evidence m8.

Typing Labour racists in google returns 5,760,000 results.
There's your evidence m8

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=labour+racist
Original post by caravaggio2
Still no takers I see.:smile:

Wasn't expecting any :biggrin:
Typing Labour racists in google returns 5,760,000 results.
There's your evidence m8

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=labour+racist

Savage.
Original post by KimKallstrom
Precisely. I'm no friend of UKIP as I'm erring on the Remain side in the referendum but it's ironic that if you prefer the EU's immigration policy which we currently have to UKIP's then you're a racist.

That's very sjw of you, screaming Racist at anyone who disagrees with you.

I'm unsure on the issue of immigration and have mixed views, I'll happily admit that.
If people support absolute free movement X for everyone, including non eu migrants then it's hardly racist to support eu policy.

Again I wish both sides of the deabte, both the right and left would stop shouting 'racist/, islamaphobic/ anti-Semitic ' etc every time someone disagrees with you.

You really are a sjw, albeit of a different kind.
Original post by EuanF
Googling "unicorns are real" yields just as many - whats your point?

Original post by Jebedee
"Flat earth is true" gets over 15 million.

Original post by Jammy Duel
And to add to the others, "jet fuel can't melt steel beams," which is pretty specific, also returns almost half a million results.Also, funnily enough most of the top results are either from anti-UKIP sites, or other opinion pieces saying "this is a load of *******s"

Typing Labour racists in google returns 5,760,000 results.There's your evidence m8https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=labour+racist

God, you are all clearly idiots.

I was obviously referring to reading the articles as proof, rather than the number of results being the proof.

I was obviously referring to reading the articles as proof, rather than the number of results being the proof.

I think obviousness is a democracy, and you're not on the winning side of that. Evidently.
Original post by AircraftMad

Absolutely. UKIP are not, and have never been, a racist party. I descend from Jewish heritage and, despite claims that UKIP are neo-Nazis, UKIP are the only reason I'd be motivated to vote at all. Every other party is redundant. If people want racism, they should move to BNP. UKIP are not Nazis. UKIP are not BNP. Labour is more racist than UKIP will ever be.

What a ridiculous sentence.

As I said anti UKIP sites and opinion pieces, you know, exactly the same things as the other things are mostly biased sites and opinion pieces.

If the majority are actually racist it shouldn't be hard for you to give us a source that proves it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by neal95
There anything but racist. I would argue that the eu is racist for artificially favouring whites over blacks and Browns

It doesn't. It favours people of a certain geographical position in the world. It doesn't discriminate against race. Just location on the globe. A black European can use all the freedom of movement a white European can.

If you don't like that then you have an issue with the concept of states and borders.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RayApparently
What a ridiculous sentence.

Can I refer you to post #49.
Can I refer you to post #49.

Is that supposed to prove something?
Original post by captainslow69
One could argue that their parents are part of the 'problem'. What makes their parents or grandparents superior to a current economic migrant? They are both the same and so none has the right to tell another whether he/she can migrate here or not. Because the very same opportunity could've been prevented all those years ago.

But the people from the commonwealth came in limited numbers, just what we needed for labour-it benefited them, and us, because it was about need for our society...that was around 30,000 a year, now it's at least 10 times that every year in an overcrowded country.Also it's solely we can 'grow' our GDP and population, use lower and lower wage labour, nothing to do with quality of life or GDP per person.

I don't see any logical contradiction. Surely you can be a person who's parents came here as part of controlled immigration at sensible levels, a sensible pace, which was far more successful in terms of integration, (not to mention less economically cynical), and support the same policy now rather than what we have; You have to have limits and the right pace, the evidence is there in our own history.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending