The Student Room Group

So gay people are now being targeted by Islamic extremists in their own countries?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eternalhinch
The principles of basic human rights comes from the shariah law: the right to shelter, equality

Spoiler

Well then isn't it ironic how all the countries run by sharia law rank the worst in the world in terms of human rights.
The principles of basic human rights comes from the shariah law: the right to shelter, equality

Spoiler

You posted a video of a guy wearing a bow-tie For f*ck sake trying to bring reason to a Quranic verse advocating violence against women which the guy himself said he disagrees with why?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 522

Spoiler

I have made a detailed post explaining to you that the concept of human rights was built against the three religions of the book, and you answered me by basically saying "no it doesn't" and linking to a youtuber who says that it's ok to beat your wife under certain circumstances. smh

Moreover, you say that "equality" is a a right protected under the Sharia. It's a very wrong statement that can be disprove by the simple fact that non-Muslims must pay the Jizya.

I don't know where you got that idea, but stop saying that, you're embarrassing yourself.
Original post by TheTechN1304
Well then isn't it ironic how all the countries run by sharia law rank the worst in the world in terms of human rights.

Human rights, women rights, press freedom index etc

Spoiler

Nothing he states in his video is supported by fact. Try again.
Did you just copy-paste those names? Because the list makes you look like a complete moron.

The US attacked Yemen in 2000? What on earth are you babbling about? The only attack in Yemen in the year 2000 was an Al-Qaeda suicide bombing on the American destroyer USS Cole that was docked at Aden port at the invitation of the Yemenis. So what attack are you talking about?

Bosnia in 1995? The United States intervened in Bosnia, at the request of Bosniak Muslims, to help protect them from fascist Christian Serbians. And yet you call that an attack on a Muslim country? Are you stupid, dishonest or both?

Afghanistan in 1998? You mean the US cruise missile attacks on Al-Qaeda camps after Al-Qaeda bombed two US embassies in Africa? You believe attacking Al-Qaeda is attacking Islam? We conclude from that you are basically an Al-Qaeda supporter.

Saudi Arabia in 1991 and 1996? Again, are you a ****ing moron? In 1990 the United States sent troops into Saudi Arabia at the request of King Fahd to protect the kingdom from a possible invasion from Saddam Hussein's Iraq. 1996? What are you even talking about? The only attack in 1996 in Saudi Arabia was by Al-Qaeda bombing a US barracks filled with troops who were there at the request of the King of Saudi Arabia to protect their country.

By listing all of these as US attacks against Muslim countries, you are demonstrating that you are painfully, achingly ignorant of history and clearly of very low education and intelligence.

@QE2
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Josb
I have made a detailed post explaining to you that the concept of human rights was built against the three religions of the book, and you answered me by basically saying "no it doesn't" and linking to a youtuber who says that it's ok to beat your wife under certain circumstances. smh

Moreover, you say that "equality" is a a right protected under the Sharia. It's a very wrong statement that can be disprove by the simple fact that non-Muslims must pay the Jizya.

I don't know where you got that idea, but stop saying that, you're embarrassing yourself.

Does she realise that Under the Shari'a that men can witness the same crime as a woman yet his opinion is double of hers?

And that men can marry up to four wives, beat them and have sex with them in any way they want? Can women have up to four husbands or beat their husbands?
Original post by Thutmose-III
Did you just copy-paste those names? Because the list makes you look like a complete moron.

The US attacked Yemen in 2000? What on earth are you babbling about? The only attack in Yemen in the year 2000 was an Al-Qaeda suicide bombing on the American destroyer USS Cole that was docked at Aden port at the invitation of the Yemenis. So what attack are you talking about?

Bosnia in 1995? The United States intervened in Bosnia, at the request of Bosniak Muslims, to help protect them from fascist Christian Serbians. And yet you call that an attack on a Muslim country? Are you stupid, dishonest or both?

Afghanistan in 1998? You mean the US cruise missile attacks on Al-Qaeda camps after Al-Qaeda bombed two US embassies in Africa? You believe attacking Al-Qaeda is attacking Islam? We conclude from that you are basically an Al-Qaeda supporter.

Saudi Arabia in 1991 and 1996? Again, are you a ****ing moron? In 1990 the United States sent troops into Saudi Arabia at the request of King Fahd to protect the kingdom from a possible invasion from Saddam Hussein's Iraq. 1996? What are you even talking about? The only attack in 1996 in Saudi Arabia was by Al-Qaeda bombing a US barracks filled with troops who were there at the request of the King of Saudi Arabia to protect their country.

By listing all of these as US attacks against Muslim countries, you are demonstrating that you are painfully, achingly ignorant of history and clearly of very low education and intelligence.

LOL bro let the guy live. You've already embarrassed him enough.

Here's a link to where the moron got his copy and paste from.

http://time.com/3472277/syria-us-war/
Original post by Newsout
LOL bro let the guy live. You've already embarrassed him enough.

Here's a link to where the moron got his copy and paste from.

http://time.com/3472277/syria-us-war/

Interesting. That article mentions all the places the US has had some interaction with Islamic countries, or times when the US itself was attacked, and that fool takes it to mean it is listing US "attacks on Muslim countries".

I suppose when one is as biased and stupid as he is, there's no need to acquire actual historical knowledge. Copy, paste; wash, rinse and repeat. That seems to qualify as research and debate in his mind. I mean, listing those countries as "attacks on Muslim countries" are almost all wrong, or else they essentially say that any attack on Al-Qaeda is an attack on Islam.

He mentions the 1980 Operation Eagle Claw in Iran. The US sent in troops to rescue embassy staff who had been taken hostage by the Mullahs and held for months and months. Apparently Islamist terrorists can do whatever they like, but if the West responds it's "an attack on Islam".
(edited 7 years ago)
Interesting. That article mentions all the places the US has had some interaction with Islamic countries, or times when the US itself was attacked, and that fool takes it to mean it is listing US "attacks on Muslim countries".

I suppose when one is as biased and stupid as he is, there's no need to acquire actual historical knowledge. Copy, paste; wash, rinse and repeat. That seems to qualify as research and debate in his mind. I mean, listing those countries as "attacks on Muslim countries" are almost all wrong, or else they essentially say that any attack on Al-Qaeda is an attack on Islam.

He mentions the 1980 Operation Eagle Claw in Iran. The US sent in troops to rescue embassy staff who had been taken hostage by the Mullahs and held for months and months. Apparently Islamist terrorists can do whatever they like, but if the West responds it's "an attack on Islam".

I already knew it was a copy and paste from My initial comment as the OP forgot to end the length of stay of the US in Afghanistan as the US troops withdrew in 2014, which was the year that article was written.

How embarrassing. This is why there's a stigma against muslims. They live in the west yet they hate it, condemn the US government, the same US government that killed Islamic terrrorists and dictators like Bin Laden and Sadam Hussein, and when they try and argue of how the US are the real terrorists they embarrass themselves with there ignorance like that idiot did.
Original post by Newsout
I already knew it was a copy and paste from My initial comment as the OP forgot to end the length of stay of the US in Afghanistan as the US troops withdrew in 2014, which was the year that article was written.

How embarrassing. This is why there's a stigma against muslims. They live in the west yet they hate it, condemn the US government, the same US government that killed Islamic terrrorists and dictators like Bin Laden and Sadam Hussein, and when they try and argue of how the US are the real terrorists they embarrass themselves with there ignorance like that idiot did.

Absolutely, well said.

Also, to depict the US presence in Afghanistan post-2001 as an "attack on Islam" then one has to characterise the Taliban as the true representatives of Islam and the Afghani people. That seems like an extremist position given Afghanistan has an elected government which has in fact been very grateful for US support.

Spoiler

Do you actually believe what you write?

That would be very sad, and proof that the islamic ideology is dangerous and brainwashes people into blind submission.
Absolutely, well said.

Also, to depict the US presence in Afghanistan post-2001 as an "attack on Islam" then one has to characterise the Taliban as the true representatives of Islam and the Afghani people. That seems like an extremist position given Afghanistan has an elected government which has in fact been very grateful for US support.

I'm patiently waiting as to what he has to say in his reply.

If he considers the US invasion of Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan as an invasion on Islam, then he accepts that terrorist groups do in fact represent Islam. But if he doesn't and accepts he was wrong, then we can say he is ignorant about most of the things he says and should take his deluded opinions with a pinch of salt.

It works both ways, i Love it haha
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Newsout

Oh so this.

All the Turks in Germany. So many of them think Erdogan is the greatest guy ever. Yet they are very happy in Germany and wouldn't want to go back to Turkey where their freedoms are severely restricted in comparison.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by inhuman
Do you actually believe what you write?

That would be very sad, and proof that the islamic ideology is dangerous and brainwashes people into blind submission.

If the brainwashing doesn't work they use violence.

I'm just glad that people are finally waking up to this rubbish.
Original post by inhuman
Oh so this.

All the Turks in Germany. So many of them think Erdogan is the greatest guy ever. Yet they are very happy in Germany and wouldn't want to go back to Turkey where there freedoms are severely restricted in comparison.

Or how British muslims in the UK want to do away with western democracy and establish the theocratic Shari'a as the law of the land, yet take western benefits in the tens of thousands as is the case of Anjem Choudhry

:rofl:
Original post by TheTechN1304
This is extremely ignorant. Firstly, this guy pledged allegiance to ISIS before the attack. Secondly, homophobia is deep-rooted in Muslim communities. His homophobia didn't just appear out of nowhere. You are significantly affected by the culture you are brought up in. Islam is every part to blame. It's hardly a secret that the religion isn't very accommodating to gay people, and homophobia in Muslim communities and within Islamic culture is a big problem.

To try and suggest that this attack had nothing to do with Islam is ridiculous.

1. I wrote that before there was any information about him pledging allegiance to ISIS. I was not being ignorant I was basing my opinions on the facts at the time.

2. I'm not going to blame islam for this. I am going to blame homophobia because it exists in society outside of islam.

3. I know that homophobia is a big problem, clearly it is.

4. From the points I was making, I was trying to blame homophobia for the attack. Because that is to blame. The fact that people are excusing the homophobia related to this attack is frightening to be honest. If he was a christian people would be blaming society rather than religion specifically for homophobia, but because he is a muslim they are excusing the direct homophobia associated with this attack and instead they are blaming islam.

5. "People are very reluctant to admit that homophobia as a factor because it means that they share a trait with someone who killed 50 people and injured 50 more" - from a tweet I saw.
Original post by Newsout
Or how British muslims in the UK want to do away with western democracy and establish the theocratic Shari'a as the law of the land, yet take western benefits in the tens of thousands as is the case of Anjem Choudhry

:rofl:

As a muslim who lives in an area with a lot of muslims in the UK , i have not seen a single muslim that wants to establish sharia law in this country neither have i EVER come across anybody that wants sharia law to establish. Everything you say is based on some BS you probably read of the Daily mail . I guarantee that 99 percent of Muslims would think what this guy done was completely wrong but yall use the actions of lone and deranged individuals to assume all muslims are evil .
Original post by Abdifarah
As a muslim who lives in an area with a lot of muslims in the UK , i have not seen a single muslim that wants to establish sharia law in this country neither have i EVER come across anybody that wants sharia law to establish. Everything you say is based on some BS you probably read of the Daily mail . I guarantee that 99 percent of Muslims would think what this guy done was completely wrong but yall use the actions of lone and deranged individuals to assume all muslims are evil .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1510866/Poll-reveals-40pc-of-Muslims-want-sharia-law-in-UK.html

Ignorant dunce.
Original post by epage
1. I wrote that before there was any information about him pledging allegiance to ISIS. I was not being ignorant I was basing my opinions on the facts at the time.

2. I'm not going to blame islam for this. I am going to blame homophobia because it exists in society outside of islam.

3. I know that homophobia is a big problem, clearly it is.

4. From the points I was making, I was trying to blame homophobia for the attack. Because that is to blame. The fact that people are excusing the homophobia related to this attack is frightening to be honest. If he was a christian people would be blaming society rather than religion specifically for homophobia, but because he is a muslim they are excusing the direct homophobia associated with this attack and instead they are blaming islam.

5. "People are very reluctant to admit that homophobia as a factor because it means that they share a trait with someone who killed 50 people and injured 50 more" - from a tweet I saw.

Yes homophobia is to blame. But my point is that the homophobia was as a result of the religion. Homophobia in Islam is the issue. Your average homophobe is not driven to kill 50 gay people just because they see 2 men kissing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending