The Student Room Group

A2 WJEC PY3 & PY4 (8th June & 14th June 2016)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by savingwonderland
Literally not possible to above a D grade standard

Really? What did you get last year and what do you think you got on PY3?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alexGedgar1
Really? What did you get last year and what do you think you got on PY3?

Posted from TSR Mobile

B in PY1, A in PY2, A overall and I think PY3 went very very very well but I refuse to put a letter grade on my estimate for fear of jinxing it. I've legit been revising these essays as we've been writing them since like Januaryish? and I can reel off 90% of each essay off the top of my head but i STILL do not feel prepared for this exam so I don't know how any of you can be trying to learn them in 2 days and thinking it's possible haha
Original post by savingwonderland
B in PY1, A in PY2, A overall and I think PY3 went very very very well but I refuse to put a letter grade on my estimate for fear of jinxing it. I've legit been revising these essays as we've been writing them since like Januaryish? and I can reel off 90% of each essay off the top of my head but i STILL do not feel prepared for this exam so I don't know how any of you can be trying to learn them in 2 days and thinking it's possible haha

I got an A in PY1 and an A in PY2 and possibly a high B in PY3 (I counted my raw marks and used last year's grade boundaries) so this year, all I need is approximately 70 marks.
I had started my revision on Friday, so far I have revised 9 essays and I have the other 11 to do today! I feel confident that I will get an A grade overall, just some people are better adapted to memorising and revising.
That's why I have done my revision in 3 days!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an A in PY1 and an A in PY2 and possibly a high B in PY3 (I counted my raw marks and used last year's grade boundaries) so this year, all I need is approximately 70 marks.
I had started my revision on Friday, so far I have revised 9 essays and I have the other 11 to do today! I feel confident that I will get an A grade overall, just some people are better adapted to memorising and revising.
That's why I have done my revision in 3 days!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow I wish I was as organised and exam savy as you! I've just been trying to memorise my essays and stressing about like a headless chicken :bawling::bawling:
Just thank your lucky stars you don't have another exam straight after PY4, like me... :'(
Reply 105
Original post by jim80james123
Just thank your lucky stars you don't have another exam straight after PY4, like me... :'(

I have a philosophy and ethics exam the next day 😭 I have 3 exams this week noooo
Any predictions for relationships, abnormal, controversies and forensics
Reply 107
Does anyone know how to get full marks on the A01 points for the py4 essays? (Except controversies) Because I seem to be getting a high A02&3 marks but almost nothing on A01.
Reply 108
why don't you think treatments of SZ will come up? it has never come up so the likelihood of it coming up is the same as aetiologies of depression ...
Reply 109
Does anyone have any predictions for the intelligence module?
Just as an example:

I had 164 UMS last year (A) and I want an A this year. This means, and A is 320 UMS overall meaning I need 156 UMS this year.

In PY3 I think I got 55 Raw Marks which is equal to 59 UMS, therefore, I need 97 UMS on PY4 which is 69 Raw Marks.

This is equal to 18 marks on each essay OR I can afford to not do one topic/essay but gain top marks on the other three.

This may seem confusing but I am going off 2015 UMS Grade Boundaries. I am happy to have a look at your grades if you like, up to you though.
Hope this helps. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've done the same thing as you and I only need about 56 marks on PY4 to get a B which is what I need to get into uni. Tempted to sack off the controversy question if it isn't science vs ethics to focus on the other questions
How long does everyone spend on each question? I've been practicing all day and I can't write quick enough, I spend max 45 minutes on some questions :frown:I've predicted that I should spend at least 35 minutes on each question so I have 10 minutes at the end to check and add in missing info, does this seem right or should I keep writing until times up and forget leaving time to check?
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
How long does everyone spend on each question? I've been practicing all day and I can't write quick enough, I spend max 45 minutes on some questions :frown:I've predicted that I should spend at least 35 minutes on each question so I have 10 minutes at the end to check and add in missing info, does this seem right or should I keep writing until times up and forget leaving time to check?

I'd go for 35 minutes a question, 10 to check. Depends what you got at AS, how well you need to do and what you thing you got in PY3. If you can afford to miss out a question (say, do the 3 marker for the controversy and miss out the essay) and allow yourself more tike for the rest of the essays then I would go for it if you think it's worth it. At this point I think it's just a case of pure luck and an element of maths
Original post by AlteredBoy
I'd go for 35 minutes a question, 10 to check. Depends what you got at AS, how well you need to do and what you thing you got in PY3. If you can afford to miss out a question (say, do the 3 marker for the controversy and miss out the essay) and allow yourself more tike for the rest of the essays then I would go for it if you think it's worth it. At this point I think it's just a case of pure luck and an element of maths

I have no idea on how I did for AS as I did a resit and it went ok but not amazingly it probably brought my grade from a C to a high ish B. Py3 the essay questions went great but I feel as if I've really messed up on the short awnser questions. I did consider missing the controversy question but I really don't know how I've done so far so I don't really want to risk it. If worst comes to worst in the exam I'll probably miss it. Thanks.
Reply 114
Does anybody have a prediction for what intelligence essays may come up?
Does anyone know what the probability is of the genes vs environment question coming up in the controversies section?
Reply 116
How sure are we that EWT and theories of sleep will come up? I feel like they will since it's the last year of the specification, but then again I'm really unsure because WJEC don't always play that way? I just feel like every essay I hate will come up this year and I really want to do well in PY4 so I'm panicking slightly :frown:
Original post by m11378
why don't you think treatments of SZ will come up? it has never come up so the likelihood of it coming up is the same as aetiologies of depression ...

treatments of schiz has come up before though.....
Original post by ernily
How sure are we that EWT and theories of sleep will come up? I feel like they will since it's the last year of the specification, but then again I'm really unsure because WJEC don't always play that way? I just feel like every essay I hate will come up this year and I really want to do well in PY4 so I'm panicking slightly :frown:

Same WJEC might know that we all think the essays that have never come up before are going to be on this paper and therefore use a diff question. I really hope they are kind tomorrow and use EWT :frown:
ah how likely isit tho the essays that havent come up will it come up tomo? rly hope wjec dont eff this up for us ffsss

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending