The Student Room Group

BA(Hons) ir BSc (Hons)

I'm really confused as to the difference between BA(Hons) and BSc(Hons), and was just wondering if anyone maybe already at uni (Having been through the process) or just anyone who gets it would be able to help me out?

I'm applying to Uni by UCAS is a few weeks, and I would like to do Marketing and Business (Joint Subjects). Which one is better and whats the difference?
Original post by GurpinderCheema
I'm really confused as to the difference between BA(Hons) and BSc(Hons), and was just wondering if anyone maybe already at uni (Having been through the process) or just anyone who gets it would be able to help me out?

I'm applying to Uni by UCAS is a few weeks, and I would like to do Marketing and Business (Joint Subjects). Which one is better and whats the difference?

Universities decide themselves whether something is a BA or a BSc.

Generally a BSc will contain more quantitative content than a BA course....but there are BAs that are massively mathematical (http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses/mathematics !) so it isn't really something worth worrying about.

Distinguish between the courses based on their content, structure and whether they give you the opportunity to study what interests you most....the BA/BSc distinction is very much a branding exercise.
BA (Bachelor of Arts) is the name of a degree which is mostly essay based. BSc (Bachelor of Science) is the name of a degree which is mostly science based, or a degree which has a substantial amount of quantitative-based modules. Some subjects can be a BA or a BSc depending on what university you go to and what modules you do.

Whether you do a BA or BSc isn't important, pick a degree that interests you.

Oh, PQ beat me. :colonhash:
(edited 7 years ago)
BA is an arts degree.
BSc is a science degree.

Depends on the course and university tbh.

Skips :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending