The Student Room Group

I don't get girls !

Girls /guys any advice will do !

i went on a date with a girl the other day ( I've been speaking to her for quite a while now ) , the day went well , and by the way she was acting i got a strong feeling she liked me ( we ended up holding hands ) . later the day we were still talking via texts etc.. Im not the one to jump to conclusions but I'm literally certain :"

Next day I text her and she didn't reply . I asked my mate and he said she's playing hard to get :" I dont wanna text her again or anything like that because the i come across needy lol

why do girls do this ?What shall i do :"Thanks

Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tiger27

i went on a date with a girl the other day ( I've been speaking to her for quite a while now ) , the day went well , and by the way she was acting i got a strong feeling she liked me ( we ended up holding hands ) . later the day we were still talking via texts etc.. Im not the one to jump to conclusions but I'm literally certain :"

Next day I text her and she didn't reply . I asked my mate and he said she's playing hard to get :"
I dont wanna text her again or anything like that because the i come across needy lol

why do girls do this ?
What shall i do :":wink:

Thanks

I am a guy and i don't understand, it'll be really funny if you leave her and just move on to someone else lol, that'll show her the error of her ways.
As a wise man once said..

"Women are like rollercoasters. F---ing mental."
You get some men who are like that too,why the generalisations?
Original post by tiger27
Thanks

Reminds me of this guy I'm dating! He read my text and didn't reply and barely starts conversation so I have stopped doing so, so that it doesn't look like I'm being too desperate? It's really annoying cause one moment he seems like he is all into me and he even said he wants us to go on holiday together, then the next he completely ignores me! wtf. I'm getting so tired of it to be honest. I get that people have lives and are busy etc. but if he really liked me, he would take a minute or two during his day to at least ask me how I am, how my day went etc... it doesn't take long! I guess I got the wrong impression and he probably isn't that interested then or maybe he still has feelings for is ex since they broke up a couple of months ago and I don't want to be a rebound either. On our first date he did say he didn't want anything serious, but everyone says that anyway... or do they? :frown:.
holding hands?
that definitely means she's yours now.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Reminds me of this guy I'm dating! He read my text and didn't reply and barely starts conversation so I have stopped doing so, so that it doesn't look like I'm being too desperate? It's really annoying cause one moment he seems like he is all into me and he even said he wants us to go on holiday together, then the next he completely ignores me! wtf. I'm getting so tired of it to be honest. I get that people have lives and are busy etc. but if he really liked me, he would take a minute or two during his day to at least ask me how I am, how my day went etc... it doesn't take long! I guess I got the wrong impression and he probably isn't that interested then or maybe he still has feelings for is ex since they broke up a couple of months ago and I don't want to be a rebound either. On our first date he did say he didn't want anything serious, but everyone says that anyway... or do they? :frown:.

i think that may be a generic statement ha , but what shall i do here , shall i text her ?
Reply 7
Original post by alkaline.
holding hands?
that definitely means she's yours now.

thats what i thought ! but i haven't spoke with her for a day lol
Original post by tiger27

Next day I text her and she didn't reply . I asked my mate and he said she's playing hard to get :" I dont wanna text her again or anything like that because the i come across needy lol

Thanks

You should do the same thing!! if she messages you back and uses some lame excuse like "sorry I ran out of credit"... you should ignore her! let her know how you felt
Original post by tiger27
i think that may be a generic statement ha , but what shall i do here , shall i text her ?
Yes. Don't necessarily start a conversation with saying hi or hello. Ask her an open question, not one which you can be simply answered with a yes or no.
Reply 10
Original post by Joshieboyxo
You should do the same thing!! if she messages you back and uses some lame excuse like "sorry I ran out of credit"... you should ignore her! let her know how you felt

yh good idea !
Original post by tiger27
Go for it, you have nothing to lose! If she is the type who doesn't like teting (there are so people like that), then call her and arrange another date.
Reply 12
Original post by RedRosesBloom
Yes. Don't necessarily start a conversation with saying hi or hello. Ask her an open question, not one which you can be simply answered with a yes or no.

Right , to add more confusion she has sent me some snapchats of her in her party dress , Ive opened them and haven't replied :wink:
Some girls play mind games, just like some guys play mind games. I don't think it's a gender thing.
Reply 14
Original post by godivaontherocks
Some girls play mind games, just like some guys play mind games. I don't think it's a gender thing.

true :smile:
meet other women.
I think as a general piece of advice for dating would be not to get too worked up about things and overthink things. If they don't respond they might be busy. If they consistently don't respond, don't wonder "are they interested", wonder "do I really want someone who won't respond?".

Put yourself at the centre and don't wonder about other people's actions, just focus on whether they suit you and act accordingly.
All that don't text first, or so many minutes after ********. I respond when I want, I message when I want. Only *****, retarded go by that **** rule. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tiger27

Thanks

Have you considered the possibility that she's just busy? Maybe she just needs some time to herself - not everyone appreciates being in contact with someone 24/7. There are so many reasonable explanations, just try not to jump to conclusions and wait it out.

It's only really a problem if they ignore you often and for long periods of time and don't offer any explanation. (trust me, it sucks)
Reply 19
Original post by nverjvlev
Have you considered the possibility that she's just busy? Maybe she just needs some time to herself - not everyone appreciates being in contact with someone 24/7. There are so many reasonable explanations, just try not to jump to conclusions and wait it out.

It's only really a problem if they ignore you often and for long periods of time and don't offer any explanation. (trust me, it sucks)

ah yh i get you , thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending