The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BethM98
for schizophrenia I would love it to be psychological explanations, and for addiction I hope they just decide to completely exclude from the paper because I really hate it lool

I don't do them topics. I do depression and media. lol. Would be nice to only have two sections. Hoping research methods is as good as last years.
Reply 5241
Anyone have good A02 for cognitive theories for psychological explanations of schizophrenia?
Wondering what people are predicting for media and schiz, anyone disagree with Saj on Loopa?
Original post by Georginarosee
Just wondered what people want to come up in the exam tomorrow?

I wouldn't mind anything really as long as it's not evolutionary explanations for celebs 😭😪
I don't do them topics. I do depression and media. lol. Would be nice to only have two sections. Hoping research methods is as good as last years.

How did you revise depression and media, I do exact same as you, please help! :smile:
Original post by grunday
Wondering what people are predicting for media and schiz, anyone disagree with Saj on Loopa?

Im not sure if im gonna follow loopa. some of my friends did for psya3 and they didnt come out happy because of the gender question and aggression question.
How do you actually plan an experiment....?
Original post by patricio_miguel
How do you actually plan an experiment....?

For the inferential statistical tests, say if you get a wilcoxon tests and a significance of 0.05 and a group size of 10, where T = 12, how do you calculate the critical value?
Original post by Marli-Ruth
I wouldn't mind anything really as long as it's not evolutionary explanations for celebs 😭😪

That came up last year in the non replacement paper so unlikely to come up however aqa can be horrible sometimes so fingers crossed
for psychological therapies for schizophrenia we were taught CBT and family intervention, but i don't feel too confident on family intervention so i am wondering if i can do CBT and psychoanalysis instead???

also i literally have like 5 hours to go through the whole of media wtf should i do lmao?
(edited 7 years ago)
Do they mark "discuss" and "outline and evaluate" essays differently?

AND IS ANYONE ELSE REEAAAALLYYYY FCKED FOR ADDICTION?
Original post by zoex101

No, they're the same thing.
Original post by TrojanH
How did you revise depression and media, I do exact same as you, please help! :smile:

I do posters and put them up on my wall. Then revision cards. I type up a full essay on the computer, print it. I start my learning the essay by learning 2 paragraphs a time. I do this by writing it down on paper a lot of times and I type it up on the computer over and over again until I learn it.
For media I usually start my learning the studies and looking at the mark schemes to check.
Research methods past papers and learning the definitions of what they mean.
Original post by SunDun111
For psycho explanations are u doing psychodynamic and cognitive ? I don't have enough A02 points for them..

yeah and theres behavioural approach! what points do you have and I can give you some more if you need?
I do posters and put them up on my wall. Then revision cards. I type up a full essay on the computer, print it. I start my learning the essay by learning 2 paragraphs a time. I do this by writing it down on paper a lot of times and I type it up on the computer over and over again until I learn it.
For media I usually start my learning the studies and looking at the mark schemes to check.
Research methods past papers and learning the definitions of what they mean.

Thanks but sorry I meant what sources do you use, i.e. any good links?
Original post by zoex101

YASSSS meeeeee!!!! :frown: :'(

Im trying to learn the bio models of addictive behavior, there's no proper explanation that i can understand. For e.g. what is the biological initiation of gambling? is it genetics or chemical whattttt?? I'm going mental
Original post by zoex101

absolutely yes my revision has just started for it and theres so much ground to cover send help
How do you actually plan an experiment? Help please
Original post by grunday

For media yes but I think celebrity stalking is possible since they have asked it ever 2 years.
Original post by TrojanH
Thanks but sorry I meant what sources do you use, i.e. any good links?

No I've been using loopas e-books and my booklet.

Latest

Trending

Trending