End of last week.

Fair enough

Rejection I can handle......thankfully

Silence, that is what is annoying
Original post by Boomerang-Pup
Fair enough

Rejection I can handle......thankfully

Silence, that is what is annoying

I didn't get an interview either, just silence - very annoying!
Any advice on possible topics for an advocacy exercise at a common law set?

Many Thanks
Anyone heard from Malins Chambers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JayBor
Any advice on possible topics for an advocacy exercise at a common law set?

Many Thanks

So the common law sets I've interviewed at with advocacy exercises have exclusively been a bail app or plea in mit. For bail apps, I'd say just ensure you're familiar with the usual prosecution objections to bail (make sure you use the right term of address though- pet hate of chambers is using honour wrongly). For plea in mits, I'd say ensure you get a structure you're happy with- there is so much info you can be given, so I find it asier if I already have a structure in mind. Happy to chat about anything if you want to PM me.
Hi guys, has any one applied to St Ives Chambers in Birmingham? There is two days left until their deadline
Original post by LegalLab
Five Paper interviews went out last week

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know if it was definitely Five Paper or was it 5PB?
Original post by Pupil2b243
Do you know if it was definitely Five Paper or was it 5PB?

It was definitely Five Paper (non-gateway) and not 5PB (gateway) as I received an invite to interview much to my pleasant surprise (I thought they were way out my league). Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LegalLab
It was definitely Five Paper (non-gateway) and not 5PB (gateway) as I received an invite to interview much to my pleasant surprise (I thought they were way out my league). Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

Posted from TSR Mobile

No thanks for letting me know for certain. This silent rejection thing is a killer. Well done and good luck for your interview.
5 Essex anyone?
Original post by Vivalasvegas2015
5 Essex anyone?

Nope nothing yet....
Nothing here either

Has anyone heard from 5 pump court?
Original post by Pupil2b243
No thanks for letting me know for certain. This silent rejection thing is a killer. Well done and good luck for your interview.

If it's any consolation, I have received a rejection from 5 Paper (non gateway).
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1853
Rejection from lamb building

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could anyone shed any light on 15 NBS....

I saw someone saying their application was still pending.

15NBS were advertising as an 'on gateway' application up until a week before the deadline - then the advert was pulled.

I emailed to ask what was going on but received no reply. Presumed they must have just withdrawn the pupillage but am interested to hear that that may not have been the case....
Original post by Vivalasvegas2015
5 Essex anyone?

Status change for me to "Under Consideration". No email or further information yet though.....
Original post by Pupilage2017
Status change for me to "Under Consideration". No email or further information yet though.....

No change here yet. Do we know what the under consideration one means ?
Under consideration too! And no idea!
Now on first interview...(5EC)
(edited 7 years ago)
A few questions:

Does anyone know when we will hear back from the first round at Dere Street? I forgot to ask!

Anybody have interview experience at Kings Chambers that they wouldn't mind sharing?

Any news from Park Square Barristers? Their deadline was last Friday but I've not seen any posts regarding interviews there.

Any info greatly appreciated, thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending