The Student Room Group

Should Donald Trump ban Muslim from coming to the US? He renews Muslim ban

Poll

Should he?

Presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump responded to the terrorist attack in Orlando, Florida on Sunday and renewed his call to ban Muslims from entering the United States until a proper vetting system is put into place.

Last night, our nation was attacked by a radical Islamic terrorist,
Trump stated in a press release after previously calling for President Obama to resign for not using the words “radical Islamic terrorism.”
It was the worst terrorist attack on our soil since 9/11, and the second of its kind in 6 months. My deepest sympathy and support goes out to the victims, the wounded, and their families.

In his remarks today, President Obama disgracefully refused to even say the words ‘Radical Islam’. For that reason alone, he should step down. If Hillary Clinton, after this attack, still cannot say the two words ‘Radical Islam’ she should get out of this race for the Presidency.

If we do not get tough and smart real fast, we are not going to have a country anymore. Because our leaders are weak, I said this was going to happen and it is only going to get worse. I am trying to save lives and prevent the next terrorist attack. We can’t afford to be politically correct anymore.

Trump included in his press release that Omar Mateen, the terrorist, is a son of an Afghan immigrant “who openly published his support for the Afghanistani Taliban and even tried to run for President of Afghanistan. According to Pew, 99% of people in Afghanistan support oppressive Sharia Law.”

Trump’s press release continued:

We admit more than 100,000 lifetime migrants from the Middle East each year. Since 9/11, hundreds of migrants and their children have been implicated in terrorism in the United States.

Hillary Clinton wants to dramatically increase admissions from the Middle East, bringing in many hundreds of thousands during a first term and we will have no way to screen them, pay for them, or prevent the second generation from radicalizing.

We need to protect all Americans, of all backgrounds and all beliefs, from Radical Islamic Terrorism which has no place in an open and tolerant society. Radical Islam advocates hate for women, gays, Jews, Christians and all Americans. I am going to be a President for all Americans, and I am going to protect and defend all Americans. We are going to make America safe again and great again for everyone.

Trump tweeted about the terrorist attack all day on Sunday, reaffirming his ban on Muslims entering the United States until a proper vetting system is put into place.

What has happened in Orlando is just the beginning. Our leadership is weak and ineffective. I called it and asked for the ban. Must be tough,
Trump posted on Twitter.

He also tweeted,
Reporting that Orlando killer shouted “Allah hu Akbar!” as he slaughtered clubgoers. 2nd man arrested in LA with rifles near Gay parade.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/06/12/donald-trump-renews-muslim-ban-responds-orlando-terrorist-attack/
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

You can't ban people on the basis of their religion. It's unconstitutional.
People are saying Islam is a bad religion. But in reality, not all Muslims are bad. Islam is not the problem. The problem is that some conservative and traditionalist muslims foolishly believe groups like ISIS. True Islam is supposed to be progressive, to encourage thinking. In the Quran, it evens asks to be questioned. In Islam, the worst person is not the evildoer, it is the person who blindly follows the evildoer. Thinking for yourself is important, which unfortunately not many of them do. If you want to stop terrorism, banning muslims won't help. It will just make them hate us even more. The root cause of terrorism is hate and ignorance, and to fight them we need peace and education.
Except the terrorist was, oh yeah, a U.S.-born citizen.
Reply 4
Over 1 billion people in the world are Muslim. About a seventh of the world's population. Extremist groups are a tiny, tiny minority of all Muslims: the majority are peaceful. Not only is banning Muslims unconstitutional, it would fuel Islamophobia and increase the marginalisation of Muslim groups, which makes it easier for extremists to radicalise those who feel oppressed.

It's also unenforceable because a terrorist could just lie about their religion.
Reply 5
Of course not, how's that even a question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it's most fundamentalist adherents should be treated with the same level of suspicion as the adherents of any similarly ultra-conservative ideology. I don't know whether banning all Muslims from immigrating is the answer though.
Reply 7
Not really bothered, he can if he wants to.
Original post by JoePFR
Over 1 billion people in the world are Muslim. About a seventh of the world's population. Extremist groups are a tiny, tiny minority of all Muslims: the majority are peaceful. Not only is banning Muslims unconstitutional, it would fuel Islamophobia and increase the marginalisation of Muslim groups, which makes it easier for extremists to radicalise those who feel oppressed.

It's also unenforceable because a terrorist could just lie about their religion.

Wow never heard this rhetoric before.

so true Im a canadian living in the usa and I can tell you that immigrants are everywhere.

Countries should lock the door and throw away the key
Original post by Lord Gaben
You can't ban people on the basis of their religion. It's unconstitutional.

no it isn't - what are you talking about? you're making an assumption without any basis
Reply 11
Original post by KingBradly

What a useful, constructive and substantive response. Well done. I like all the many, many many points you raised in your post.
Reply 12
Original post by KingBradly

It's ironic that you of all people are mocking a rhetoric.
Original post by JoePFR

most muslims are at least misogynists and homophobes, and believe in some aspects of sharia law - are they "true" muslims? because if they're not, then the amount of "actual muslims" in existence is in the mere thousands, probably.
Reply 14
I Want trump as a president and support the questioning of Islam but i disagree with this totally.

Although their religion might be inherently hateful and promotes violence and murder, Not every single Muslim is a terrorist, and for that reason alone he shouldn't ban them.

What about the teachers doctors diplomats scientists and engineers who just happen to be muslim?

What about Muslim students trying to improve their educations?
[video]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f6d_1435932798[/video]
Reply 16
its funny that isis took responsibiliy for the attack u dummy!
Reply 17
[QUOTE=JoePFR;65735089]Over 1 billion people in the world are Muslim. About a seventh of the world's population. Extremist groups are a tiny, tiny minority of all Muslims:

No the extremist minority isn't tiny.

Original post by JoePFR

the majority are peaceful. Not only is banning Muslims unconstitutional, it would fuel Islamophobia and increase the marginalisation of Muslim groups, which makes it easier for extremists to radicalise those who feel oppressed.

Why is it that mostly muslims result to terrorism when they feel marginalised? Why aren't as many cases of radical Christianity, or radical judaism or hinduism? why can't muslims just suppress their anger when the world is against them, why cause terror?
Original post by Ollie231213
Except the terrorist was, oh yeah, a U.S.-born citizen.

are you sure?

But to Afagn Parents

So the ban would have worked in this case
Reply 19
Original post by sleepysnooze
most muslims are at least misogynists and homophobes, and believe in some aspects of sharia law - are they "true" muslims? because if they're not, then the amount of "actual muslims" in existence is in the mere thousands, probably.

Christians also used to believe in some pretty damn oppressive things. Islam is most prevalent in lesser developed countries. When the West was at that stage of development we too held similar beliefs. Liberal Islam is rapidly growing as globalisation and economic development changes political views.

Besides, why does it make sense to ban them from a country for what they believe? I personally disagree with those strongly conservative viewpoints very much, but imposing restrictions on those who have those beliefs is impractical and unethical. It would literally be creating thought crime.

Latest