The Student Room Group

whats the best time of day to call hmrc?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Emma:-)
Ive always got through quicker in the morning.

I think if it wasnt for my long name, i wouldnt have even taken 2 minutes to speak to them. Their system doesnt seem to like my details and/or accent.
Original post by claireestelle
I think if it wasnt for my long name, i wouldnt have even taken 2 minutes to speak to them. Their system doesnt seem to like my details and/or accent.

You arent alone. They never seem to like me either. For some reason, they never like my last name- its easy, but they can never spell it for some reason.
You arent alone. They never seem to like me either. For some reason, they never like my last name- its easy, but they can never spell it for some reason.

No call centres computer system can ever handle the double barrelledness of mine, yeah i had to spell out my address to them this morning, when i can't spell my buildings name correctly most of the time -_-
No call centres computer system can ever handle the double barrelledness of mine, yeah i had to spell out my address to them this morning, when i can't spell my buildings name correctly most of the time -_-

That sounds fun. I guess calling them is never fun. Thank god we dont have to phone them often.
That sounds fun. I guess calling them is never fun. Thank god we dont have to phone them often.

Just got my fingers crossed my tax code gets to my employer quick enough to get my back pay at the end of the month, otherwise i ll be phoning them again
Just got my fingers crossed my tax code gets to my employer quick enough to get my back pay at the end of the month, otherwise i ll be phoning them again

If its not in time for this month, it will go on next months, surely?
Its always worked like that for me anyway.
If its not in time for this month, it will go on next months, surely?
Its always worked like that for me anyway.

Hopefully it will do :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest