The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach

Scroll to see replies

Just had a phone call- offered Bargoed JCP they want me to start 27 June so currently in negotiations for release date from home office
Original post by BigFatVegan83
Just had a phone call- offered Bargoed JCP they want me to start 27 June so currently in negotiations for release date from home office

Congrats!
Has anyone got a phone number for the london section. Not heard a thing since a provisional offer 20 days ago
Any update. I am waiting for east london.
Does anyone actually know what the pre employment checks involve? I work for the Home Office and wrongly assumed that my checks would be completed relatively quickly. I received a call 2 weeks ago with my location but nothing since.
Original post by chocolatprincess
Does anyone actually know what the pre employment checks involve? I work for the Home Office and wrongly assumed that my checks would be completed relatively quickly. I received a call 2 weeks ago with my location but nothing since.

I thought you bypassed the checks if you already work in the Civil Service as we have already been through checks. I was told not to bother bringing in the security forms to interview, only external candidates.
I'm Home Office and I had to provide all the information for character checks etc at interview. I'm both CTC and SC cleared and they required just DBS for this role therefore I'm not sure whether or not you bypass the checks or if they contact your HR department and obtain your level of clearance and they ascertain if another check is required then. O was made a provisional offer on 11th May and a formal on 6th June so despite only having clearance upgraded from CTC to SC in February and being under no performance or attendance managment, checks took 3 weeks, but admittedly this is still less than the 20 working days for DBS... Technically, offers should only be made once checks have been completed (unless under extreme circumstances). I know for our building, if your clearance hasn't been completed by your start date, you're not allowed to come in lol. If you have received a formal offer, given a start date and accepted this start date then you should hear from your line manager at the office you've been assigned to approximately a week before your agreed start date.
I have CTC so not sure what the delay is. Although I am on an attendance management stage 1 warning. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

I just want a formal offer so I can hand in my notice. I really hope they complete the checks soon as all this waiting is becoming unbearable.
Original post by chocolatprincess
I have CTC so not sure what the delay is. Although I am on an attendance management stage 1 warning. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

I just want a formal offer so I can hand in my notice. I really hope they complete the checks soon as all this waiting is becoming unbearable.

If you dont mind me asking how far in to the warning are you?
Original post by BigFatVegan83
If you dont mind me asking how far in to the warning are you?

About 11 months I believe because I had my 3 month meeting back in October.
Soooo i see work coach vacancies are slowly being advertised again.

I'll be seriously annoyed if London is readvertised when i am available lol
Original post by Filedundermisc
Soooo i see work coach vacancies are slowly being advertised again.

I'll be seriously annoyed if London is readvertised when i am available lol

Oh my god no way! For what areas
Original post by prinny88
Oh my god no way! For what areas

Bridgwater, Frome, Taunton, Wells,Runcorn, Widnes,Lancaster, Morecambe,Galashiels, Eyemouth, Hawick.
Original post by Kibibytez
Bridgwater, Frome, Taunton, Wells,Runcorn, Widnes,Lancaster, Morecambe,Galashiels, Eyemouth, Hawick.

Where these recruited for initially ?
Reply 434
The salary band is slightly higher than the initial advert...
I'm on JSA, free, available and want to work. I hate being on the reserve list.
Original post by Runvusofme
I'm on JSA, free, available and want to work. I hate being on the reserve list.

Maybe it's no I take for the roles in those areas causing them to readvertise
I applied in Leicestershire. I should have thought about it and submitted an application for the surrounding areas too. Ah well.
Original post by SUN123#
The salary band is slightly higher than the initial advert...

That's what the salary will be in Sept after the payrise, which is backdated to July.
Will we also get the payrise or will we only get the amount advertised. Cos I saw somewhere that we would have to be working by 30th June to get the payrise. Do you have any info?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending