The Student Room Group

Applying to Uni with a bad grade in math

Hi,

So I'm french and I have a baccalaureat with a grade of 14.02 (That's a triple A), I had a 20 out of 20 in English, and I had very good grades except in Math where I had a 6 out of 20, which is a pretty bad grade. So I want to apply to university in England, I tried Birmingham, BCU and Aston, first Aston told me that I am more than welcome to apply to business school but then I told them about my bad grade in math and they said that they can't offer me a place. Same for BCU and Liverpool university, they said my grade in math was bad and therefore I can't apply to management and human resources. I've had a 15 out of 20 in human resources, I did good with math in human resources and Economy where I also had a 15, which is a good grade and yet, my only bad grade in math prevents me from applying.

Not gonna lie, I'm a bit discouraged, I really wanted to study and live in the UK, it is a dream for me. I sent a message to Brighton university and Manchester, I looked for other courses where there is no math and I'm waiting for their answers.

I guess my questions are, do you guys think I have a chance to get in uni with such a bad grade in math? And do you think I have a chance through clearing? How does clearing work if you have had a bad grade in math or any other main subject? And last thing, are there any universities that are ok with a bad grade in math?

Thank you!
Probably the wrong place to post this; Uni's don't really care about GCSEs
Reply 2
Original post by 34908seikj
Probably the wrong place to post this; Uni's don't really care about GCSEs

Oh I'm sorry, what would be the appropriate place to post this? A-levels?
Reply 4

Oh of course! Thanks I missed it!

Quick Reply

Latest