The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

is the paper on the aqa website for psya4 the replacement or the original paper??
Do you have to know the formulas e.g .chi squared etc#?
Original post by BethM98
is the paper on the aqa website for psya4 the replacement or the original paper??

Replacement
Original post by BethM98

Replacement
Anyone got the original June 2015 mark scheme, can't find it anywhere
Reply 5285
Guys how do we draw results for the different statistical tests? Is it a scatter diagram for Speakman's and a bar chart for the other three or..?
For the essay on issues surrounding classification + diagnosis of depression, how many separate points would you include in Ao1?
Original post by TrojanH
Do you have to know the formulas e.g .chi squared etc#?

yea I think so, but we wont be asked to make any big calculations or anything
I think you just need to know where to use them and stuff
Original post by BethM98
brown et al's study is part of the family system's theory, along with the fromm-reichman study

I'm not gonna talk about that personally but I'm sure you could use it !!

Eh are you using Brown et al#s as evaluation if so how? Can you show me how you would word it pleae?
Original post by HWhitney324
Anyone got the original June 2015 mark scheme, can't find it anywhere

Mark scheme
So what do I decide to do?

TAKE A 5 HOUR NAP

Wtf it was meant to be 15 minutes
Goodbye A grade
Original post by BethM98

replacement
Original post by SunDun111
Eh are you using Brown et al#s as evaluation if so how? Can you show me how you would word it pleae?

I'm using brown et als evaluation yea, umm id probably say something like this

Brown et al focused on the emotion expressed within the family of the schizophrenic.....(bla bla explain study) Even though this study provides significant support for the role of families with high expressed emotion in the relapse of schizophrenia, it cannot be the only cause of relapse as lots of patients relapse without being around their family at all.
Could we be asked to report a study? Or just design one?
Original post by NHM
Lmao- no like I've said earlier I really do think they'll repeat so much content with the exam paper ordeal last year.

There are questions which have not come up in years and you're expecting them to ask ones that came up last year?

Regardless of the great AQA unit 4 heist, I doubt it
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bmarek
For the essay on issues surrounding classification + diagnosis of depression, how many separate points would you include in Ao1?

Heres a model answer if it helps
(edited 7 years ago)
Is p > 0.05 always, if so why do they have 0.10 there as well?
Is it possible for just a question on research worth 10 marks and so learning 6 marks worth of ao2 for all of media is not wise?
Original post by BethM98
I'm using brown et als evaluation yea, umm id probably say something like this

Brown et al focused on the emotion expressed within the family of the schizophrenic.....(bla bla explain study) Even though this study provides significant support for the role of families with high expressed emotion in the relapse of schizophrenia, it cannot be the only cause of relapse as lots of patients relapse without being around their family at all.

So is this study going against the psychodynamic approach?
Original post by TrojanH
Is p > 0.05 always, if so why do they have 0.10 there as well?

Because they're testing your ability to be able to find the critical value.

Or I guess maybe they might ask specifically for 10% or 15% significance value. Unlikely though.

Latest

Trending

Trending