The Student Room Group

Omar Mateen - Mosque statement - This makes me so angry

Scroll to see replies

**** this thread too!!!!!!!!
Original post by shakeyboy
You and @AngryRedhead really piss me off with this bigoted biased perspective on the situation. Over 100 muslims, many in orlando, have donated blood to the injured LGBT vicitms as a result of the shootings. Many have prayed for the LGBT victims and are constantly helping while all you do is jack ****. On the other hand Donald Trumps statement on twitter was no different, he showed 0 empathy and used the orlando shootings to "appreciate the congrats" on being right about radical islam.

So it's OK to stereotype all Muslims based on the actions of 100, but not on the actions of the thousands and millions that believe homosexuals should be killed and/or prosecuted.

Nice oxymoron reasoning, it refutes itself lol.
Original post by shakeyboy
You and @AngryRedhead really piss me off with this bigoted biased perspective on the situation. Over 100 muslims, many in orlando, have donated blood to the injured LGBT vicitms as a result of the shootings. Many have prayed for the LGBT victims and are constantly helping while all you do is jack ****. On the other hand Donald Trumps statement on twitter was no different, he showed 0 empathy and used the orlando shootings to "appreciate the congrats" on being right about radical islam.

Remind me of the last time I cared about what some randomer on the internet thinks of me. I expressed my condolescences for the both the victims and their families on the original thread, unless you were out there giving blood also you have no right to have a go at anyone for their reactions to it aswell. Do you think the imam quoted in the OP was responsing in a reasonable manner? If you do it's people with mindsets like yours that are part of the problem

Edit: Incidentally, I also DO happen to be a blood donor
(edited 7 years ago)
It's actually tiring seeing so much of the same discussion about Islam every day.
Original post by Mathemagicien
This isn't Chat, you won't get much rep by posting like that here

I'm not looking for rep. Trying to make people aware that WHY CANT YOU BLOODY PUT ALL YOUR SIMILAR THREADS INTO ONE THREAD. Every time I log on there's a new thread about the same incident!
Jeez.
We need to have a discussion about this very important topic.
I know this for a fact.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BaconandSauce
None at all

Just a prayer that it wasn't a Muslim and a message that God will punish them all anyway

You would understand if you were Muslim and people judged you on the basis of a few extremists they hear on the news about.

Millions of innocent Muslims have been killed in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Palestine, Burma, and you don't give a **** and Muslims have never asked you to care.

But when 50 white people are killed don't get angry that some Muslims couldn't give a ****.
Ah, in that case I agree. Although, due to the layout of TSR, its difficult for discussions to move along when posts get buried after the first page. A system like Reddit's is better for such 'megathreads', when posts can move up and down according to how 'helpful' they are (although many people abuse the karma system)

Reddit is absolute nuts. People there go mental with rating a post up when its not even relevant at times.
This mosque needs to get shut down and investigated.
Yes, brigading is a problem, but that's due to the nature of subreddits, which are much more independent and tribal communities than TSR's subforums.

D:<
Original post by Tawheed
There is no justification in Islam that would allow that man to do what he did. It is a crime, it is wrong and it is injustice. Period.

surah 9 is full of justification

And the hadith says :

"Whoever is found conducting himself in the manner of the people of Lot, kill the doer and the receiver."
(edited 7 years ago)
The guy was suspected by the FBI and he managed to work in ****ing security. How did that even happen? O.o
So many counterstatements from his father...
It's irritating that all the people saying the gunman wasn't a true Muslim also believe he represents all American citizens as being trigger-happy. Why is he able to represent all American gun owners (whether there are gun control laws in the state or not) but not represent all Muslims? Kind of contradicting, don't you think? You can't say "this is why they need gun control" as though he represents all gun owners and then say "he doesn't represent true Islam/he's not a true Muslim".
Original post by MesutOzil2110
You would understand if you were Muslim and people judged you on the basis of a few extremists they hear on the news about.

I will never understand this.
Original post by Armastan
It's irritating that all the people saying the gunman wasn't a true Muslim also believe he represents all American citizens as being trigger-happy. Why is he able to represent all American gun owners (whether there are gun control laws in the state or not) but not represent all Muslims? Kind of contradicting, don't you think? You can't say "this is why they need gun control" as though he represents all gun owners and then say "he doesn't represent true Islam/he's not a true Muslim".

:congrats::congrats:

+1
Original post by Armastan
On top of this, the gunman's father stated that he condemns the massacre and believes it wasn't due to religious reasons, but he's a supporter of the Taliban and claims that "God will punish all gays", showing no sympathy for those killed either. I'm also annoyed that the Imam in that article seems to try and blame their radicalisation on "the Internet". They clearly can't see the affects mosque teachings and parenting may have and the problems it can cause.

It's actually really not clear that his father is a Taliban supporter. His father has a public access TV show where he held up a sign attacking Pakistan for supporting the Taliban and calling on the US to stop providing military aid to Pakistan.

That doesn't sound like a Taliban supporter. The father was a bit of a fixture around the DC Afghan scene and well known. What is not in question was that even for a man who was factionally attached to the Afghan government faction he still had a very mainstream Islamic view of homosexuality
Original post by Thutmose-III
It's actually really not clear that his father is a Taliban supporter. His father has a public access TV show where he held up a sign attacking Pakistan for supporting the Taliban and calling on the US to stop providing military aid to Pakistan.

That doesn't sound like a Taliban supporter. The father was a bit of a fixture around the DC Afghan scene and well known. What is not in question was that even for a man who was factionally attached to the Afghan government faction he still had a very mainstream Islamic view of homosexuality

There is a difference between homosexuality and homosexuals. I don't agree with homosexuality, it is the reason I am heterosexual. This doesn't mean I want to prevent people doing what they want or that I abuse gay people.
Isn't it more worrying then, that the terrorist's parents were actually moderates?

I completely agree; it underlines that this has a lot to do with Islam. Such views as his father held are not extreme in the Muslim community
Reply 39
Original post by Tawheed
There is no justification in Islam that would allow that man to do what he did. It is a crime, it is wrong and it is injustice. Period.
If you mean "There is nothing in the Quran that says 'Use an assault rifle to kill a club full of gays'", then you are correct.

However, if you mean "there is nothing in Islam that condemns homosexuals and calls for their death", then you are wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending