The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Doll Parts
I'm sure they would be accommodating, if it's pre-booked. They are likely to have a staggered intake of new starters anyway and should be understanding that this is the peak holiday period.

I noticed that the re-advertised vacancy states that candidates are expected to start in Sept/Oct. I know the HEOs on the TSP Graduate Program also start in September (7th, I think), so maybe we will start then too?

I'd rather be out of here sooner, but I know my post will be hard to fill so my current dept will try to negotiate keeping me as long as possible. (HMRC have also requested my line managers details to arrange release dates - I'm Home Office - but as yet she's not had any contact, nor have my referees).

I admit, I'm already on wind down from this job though....so I best get a firm offer soon!

I was thinking along the same lines in terms of peak holiday times and them expecting people to be on holiday. And yes, it is pre booked.

I'm feeling in limbo at work too, I'm currently a sgt in the police. So quite a change of career for me...

September would be perfect for me, so here's hoping.
I'm Liverpool; still going through pre-employment checks. Have received my Disclosure and have submitted THREE different OH forms. I'm still waiting for them to confirm if they can accommodate my working pattern, which I requested on 13th May.

My (latest) OH form states Dept as PT Operations, but from asking around existing HMRC staff, they seem to think this is not done in Liverpool, only Bootle or Manchester (presently). My provisional offer is definitely for Liverpool, so....lets wait and see.

I've just got a formal offer for PT in Bootle (just an admin role)start on 4th July however I have applied for the new campaign of higher officer caseworker and it said Liverpool (including Bootle) so I assume they're now classing them as one location. I think PT is Bootle but there may be offices in Liverpool however I'm new to this so dont quote me on it. Congrats on your offer! If it helps by 2018/19 it will all be in one big regional office in Liverpool x)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by rebecca_:)
I've just got a formal offer for PT in Bootle (just an admin role)start on 4th July however I have applied for the new campaign of higher officer caseworker and it said Liverpool (including Bootle) so I assume they're now classing them as one location. I think PT is Bootle but there may be offices in Liverpool however I'm new to this so quote me on it. Congrats on your offer! If it helps by 2018/19 it will all be in one big regional offer in Liverpool x)

I start at DBS on 4th July, but I've applied for the HO in this latest campaign too. I'm hoping it's 3rd time lucky haha. Good luck.
Reply 383
I've just called DBS, they've only just today received the request for my DBS check, despite my provisional offer on 13 May. So I could be in for a long wait...
I've just got a formal offer for PT in Bootle (just an admin role)start on 4th July however I have applied for the new campaign of higher officer caseworker and it said Liverpool (including Bootle) so I assume they're now classing them as one location. I think PT is Bootle but there may be offices in Liverpool however I'm new to this so quote me on it. Congrats on your offer! If it helps by 2018/19 it will all be in one big regional offer in Liverpool x)

I've dropped them an email to check, doubt I'll get a response though! Bootle is no good for me; not worth the extra travel.
Original post by dagoro1
I start at DBS on 4th July, but I've applied for the HO in this latest campaign too. I'm hoping it's 3rd time lucky haha. Good luck.

Haha good luck in the DBS! Snap. Third time lucky for me too...... We'll get there lol. No doubt we'll hear the back end of July about our sift and we still have the reserve list to be optimistic about! ... :P
(edited 7 years ago)
I've dropped them an email to check, doubt I'll get a response though! Bootle is no good for me; not worth the extra travel.

On your campaign (for which the deadline was 10 Feb) I think they listed Liverpool and Bootle as two different locations.... So you definitely have reason to raise the issue! Hopefully they get back too you and it's good news that it's Liverpool! :smile:
Reply 387
On your campaign (for which the deadline was 10 Feb) I think they listed Liverpool and Bootle as two different locations.... So you definitely have reason to raise the issue! Hopefully they get back too you and it's good news that it's Liverpool! :smile:

there definitely were 2 locations, liverpool and bootle, i chose and was offered liverpool
Did you just ask them whether they've received anything from the HMRC?

I just received an e-mail saying I put a date from for my driving license so I'm assuming that's flagged up from a DBS check. However they have asked me to edit my online DBS but I can't seem to find anywhere to do that?!
Original post by Echopark88
Did you just ask them whether they've received anything from the HMRC?

I just received an e-mail saying I put a date from for my driving license so I'm assuming that's flagged up from a DBS check. However they have asked me to edit my online DBS but I can't seem to find anywhere to do that?!

Put a date wrong I mean...

Thanks😊 I think they were listed separately too, and I specifically asked at the interview (in the Triad) and they confirmed they were interviewing me for Liverpool; they just didn't have meeting room space in the Liverpool offices for all the interviews. I'll be fuming if they can only offer me Bootle after all this!
Original post by Echopark88
Put a date wrong I mean...

When I had to change anything after I submitted my next stage (forgot to put student accommodation down and messed up my civil service pension questions) I just emailed CSR and they changed them. No idea what an online DBS is though. I thought it was done their end.
Thanks😊 I think they were listed separately too, and I specifically asked at the interview (in the Triad) and they confirmed they were interviewing me for Liverpool; they just didn't have meeting room space in the Liverpool offices for all the interviews. I'll be fuming if they can only offer me Bootle after all this!

My boyfriend had to interview at Preston for Liverpool once so that's understandable I guess. You should deffo get Liverpool, weMre probably just worrying over nothing and there's probably an office that also deals with it in Liverpool. Somewhere. My bets Regian house :P

On a side note.... How old fashioned were the lifts in triad... 8) haha
Reply 393
When I had to change anything after I submitted my next stage (forgot to put student accommodation down and messed up my civil service pension questions) I just emailed CSR and they changed them. No idea what an online DBS is though. I thought it was done their end.

I called DBS today to check progress, give them your name and DOB and they will tell you progress, they will also give you a reference number so that you can track it online.

Yeah I thought they had to do it at their end. God knows why they're telling me to edit it at my end...emailed them back so will await for their response probably in another 2 days...
Have you a number for dbs
Reply 396
Original post by liverpool75
Have you a number for dbs

0300 020 0190 is the number I used.

On a side note.... How old fashioned were the lifts in triad... 8) haha

Very 70s building! Can't remember the lifts. I recall the huge holes in the wall that were stuffed with, what appeared to be, paper towels:K::K:

Amazing views though!
Original post by Hayho
0300 020 0190 is the number I used.

Thanks
Reply 399
I chased up the Leeds start date last week and was told it will be Autumn at the earliest :-( so frustrating.

Latest

Trending

Trending