The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys, (talking addiction here) does anyone know if AQA can ask a specific question about biological or psychological interventions?

For example - 'Outline/discuss agonists as a biological intervention for addictive behaviour.'
OR
will they just ask something like 'Outline/discuss one biological intervention for addictive behaviour'

I'm trying to decide whether it's worth memorising both agonists and antagonists, and all the psychological treatments. :colondollar:

Good luck to everyone!!
Egg is known to be brain food so have egg for tea or breakfast tomorrow!! (cool fun fact learnt in school)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by r3cklesspixie
For pro social behaviour in media, is parental mediation a separate ao1 point from social learning?

yeah i think so, i have learnt it as two separate points
Original post by Romanoff
Because they're testing your ability to be able to find the critical value.

Or I guess maybe they might ask specifically for 10% or 15% significance value. Unlikely though.

OK so just always assume they ask for 0.05 unless stated otherwise.

For desigining an investigation are there any good acronyms to remember all the things I need to put.

For example, Sampling, Methodology, Opersationalised Hypothesis, Findings, Participant briefiing/consent/withdrawral/ethics, controlling EV's etc.

Do you use anything like an acronym to list all of these to ensure u dont miss one out

ALSO - for the statistics... do I have to memorise every single formula as I definetly can not do that, or do they have the formula e.g. Chi Squared O-E Squared / E on top of the paper so I can refer to it and then just put the numbers in?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by loliech
Hi guys, (talking addiction here) does anyone know if AQA can ask a specific question about biological or psychological interventions?

For example - 'Outline/discuss agonists as a biological intervention for addictive behaviour.'
OR
will they just ask something like 'Outline/discuss one biological intervention for addictive behaviour'

I'm trying to decide whether it's worth memorising both agonists and antagonists, and all the psychological treatments. :colondollar:

Good luck to everyone!!

My teacher hasnt taught us 'agonists or antagonists' ? He just taught us methadone and serotonin?
Anyone else risking it like me and not revising biological explanations/therapies for schizophrenia?

My brain is about to explode

I didn't revise biological therapies so if that comes up, I'm fvcked.
So would you guys think it's unlikely we'll get a question for either psychological explanations or treatments of depression?
Original post by SunDun111
My teacher hasnt taught us 'agonists or antagonists' ? He just taught us methadone and serotonin?

Crap really?? I know methadone but not been taught serotonin....
Original post by justthat
Heres a model answer if it helps

Hey, here's a pdf version I found online of the same thing.
Original post by Mesosleepy

Biological exps and therapies are the most likely after classification issues to come up. So if you don't revise them you're totally and utterly f*cked what are you thinking holy sh*t!
Anyone else risking it like me and not revising biological explanations/therapies for schizophrenia?

My brain is about to explode

I'm not cause they come up last year i mainly focused on the other 3, although i have done a brief plan for biological explanations/therapies just incase they throw in a 4 marker or something
Original post by Mesosleepy

There would be a special place in hell for AQA if they repeated the exact same essay questions from last year.
Original post by кяя
Biological exps and therapies are the most likely after classification issues to come up. So if you don't revise them you're totally and utterly f*cked what are you thinking holy sh*t!

RIP
Reply 5313
I hate psychology so much, I regret taking it on as and AS subject almost every day, having to learn the studies which are practically stating the obvious is tedious and time consuming and worst of all the content that is interesting is dwarfed by the evaluate rubbish which is a big fat yawn in my opinion. Ifeel sorry for anyone doing this subject at university and cannot wait till I sit my paper knowing that I never again have to be forced to endure the bin lorry that is AQA psychology.
(edited 7 years ago)
PANICKING!!!

What would people include for the addiction question if it was on media for 10 marks? Text books seems very vague!!
Original post by кяя
So what do I decide to do?

TAKE A 5 HOUR NAP

Wtf it was meant to be 15 minutes
Goodbye A grade

You could do an all nighter.....
There would be a special place in hell for AQA if they repeated the exact same essay questions from last year.

I could see them repeating it but in a 4+8 format but ffs just puts psychological explanations/therapies
yeh so vague. how do you answer this - 'give an explanation for the persuasiveness of T.V advertising?'
the mark scheme says the hovland yale or elaboration likelihood model but how does that explain persuasiveness? please help :O
Original post by gayqa
I hate psychology so much, I regret taking it on as and AS subject almost every day, having to learn the studies which are practically stating the obvious is tedious and time consuming and worst of all the content that is interesting is dwarfed by the evaluate rubbish which is a big fat yawn in my opinion. Ifeel sorry for anyone doing this subject at university and cannot wait till I sit my paper knowing that I never again have to be forced to endure the bin lorry that is AQA psychology.

A Level psychology is not representative of degree level psychology.
Original post by SunDun111
So is this study going against the psychodynamic approach?

no it supports it

Latest

Trending

Trending