The Student Room Group

A2 - Edexcel Psychology June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Original post by benhartley05
i am literally doing a past paper and the question is evaluate a key issue you studied on your course - not from clinical

I've got all the unit 4 past papers sat in front of me and none of them have a I&D question about key issues are you sure you're doin the right thing mate
Reply 621
Original post by Rsprcy
I've got all the unit 4 past papers sat in front of me and none of them have a I&D question about key issues are you sure you're doin the right thing mate

Do you know if the Key issue has come up in clinical before?
Reply 622
Original post by why197
Do you know if the Key issue has come up in clinical before?

It kind of came up last year; the question was "Explain why the key issue within your leaflet is relevant to your target audience" (2)

and the practical also came up in 2013; Who was the target audience, Outline the intended outcome, Explain 1 reason you did what you did, Explain how you gathered secondary data

But other than that it hasn't at all!
Reply 623
sampling has come up twice from what ive seen on I&D yet i havent seen it in the spec????? unless i missed it?!?! urghh
:rolleyes::banghead:
Reply 624
Original post by Rsprcy
It kind of came up last year; the question was "Explain why the key issue within your leaflet is relevant to your target audience" (2)

and the practical also came up in 2013; Who was the target audience, Outline the intended outcome, Explain 1 reason you did what you did, Explain how you gathered secondary data

But other than that it hasn't at all!

Thanks! In the AS Unit 1 resit, social key issue had never come up and they put it on the paper as a five marker, so I wouldnt be surprised if they did that here too with the clinical one!
Original post by chickenfoot
thanks. what's one for Hofling? if you're doing that. please :h:

I'm not doing Hofling but isn't that the nurse study where the doctor told the nurse to give a higher dosage of a dangerous drug than she knows she was supposed to? If I had to make up an improvement I'd say instead of seeing if they will endanger the patient's life, see if they will "go against hospital policies" by letting visitors in outside of visiting hours, i.e. if a supervisor (or whoever it is that is higher than a nurse??) rings and says someone's family are coming in in an hour and to lead them to the right room, when the nurse knows visiting hours have just ended

Original post by Mac.Doll
Does anyone have detailled notes on the last 2 spec points about nature and nature?!! I lost my notes for that!! I've looked for the past 1hour :frown: !!!

Nature vs. nurture was last year's 18 marker so it's highly unlikely that it will come up again as an 18 marker, but all you need to do is think of two characteristics that can be explained as nature and nurture. Gender (bio, learning and psychodynamic explanations) is one, if you've done criminal use criminality (Eysenck's bio theory, SLT from learning, self fulfilling prophecy from social)
Original post by why197
do you guys think its easy to get an E or D in this exam opposed to a C or above? Like is it easy to lose marks on different questions? urgh i need a C in it so bad

lolwhat
of course it's easier to get an E or D than it is a C. you don't lose marks, you just don't gain them if you don't answer them correctly. do some past papers while looking at the markscheme.
Definitions of abnormality haven't come up since 2013 so I hope it doesn't come up this time:laugh: Although looking at the papers there's not really much of a pattern (for the clinical section)
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
Definitions of abnormality haven't come up since 2013 so I hope it doesn't come up this time:laugh: Although looking at the papers there's not really much of a pattern (for the clinical section)

Why would you hope for them not to come up? Definitions of abnormality are the easiest things on unit 4 :colondollar:

Definitions of abnormality, issues with diagnosis, bio side of schizophrenia.. give me all that plz edexcel

(had a quick look on twitter to see if it was only me who is 100% failing unit 4 tomorrow and it's not, reassured)
(better watch this french film being as I'm gonna have to write a 45 mark essay on it tomorrow and I haven't thought about French since my oral in March)
()
Original post by rileystringer1
Why would you hope for them not to come up? Definitions of abnormality are the easiest things on unit 4 :colondollar:

Definitions of abnormality, issues with diagnosis, bio side of schizophrenia.. give me all that plz edexcel

(had a quick look on twitter to see if it was only me who is 100% failing unit 4 tomorrow and it's not, reassured)
(better watch this french film being as I'm gonna have to write a 45 mark essay on it tomorrow and I haven't thought about French since my oral in March)
()

I don't mind it, but if it was a 12 marker I don't think I'd get enough on it, I feel much better with explanations and treatments :colondollar:
I felt so prepared for unit 3, but not really this one :frown: My attitude to the majority of Issues and Debates is "I'll rely on my memory" :redface:
i really hope science comes up, as an 18m would be even better.
I think the social norms definition of abnormality will come up somewhere
If asked to evaluate an explanation or treatment, how many pieces of evidence should you use?
Reply 633
If asked to evaluate an explanation or treatment, how many pieces of evidence should you use?

I'd say 2 for and 2 against
Reply 634
^^but tbh I don't even have that for all of them so I guess as long as you've got one piece for and one piece against that's ok
Original post by Rsprcy
^^but tbh I don't even have that for all of them so I guess as long as you've got one piece for and one piece against that's ok

Thank you!
Yeah I have quite a lot for some and only 1 for others but tbh I think it should be okay. I'm currently going through all the evaluations now to make sure I know it hahah
Reply 636
Thank you!
Yeah I have quite a lot for some and only 1 for others but tbh I think it should be okay. I'm currently going through all the evaluations now to make sure I know it hahah

ahh same!! omg there's so many of them, so many names, so many dates
I don't mind it, but if it was a 12 marker I don't think I'd get enough on it, I feel much better with explanations and treatments :colondollar:
I felt so prepared for unit 3, but not really this one :frown: My attitude to the majority of Issues and Debates is "I'll rely on my memory" :redface:

Oh no it'd be pretty horrid as a 12 marker, but as a smaller question it'd be great. I can imagine as there was no actual studies in unit 3 there will be small questions on Rosenhan/Goldstein

Fingers cross for a double-barreled question like describe and evaluate TWO theories/treatments - perfect !!

Original post by Rsprcy
I'd say 2 for and 2 against

Really? Out of 6 AO2 points you'd do studies?? I only do one for and one against, or sometimes two for or just one for where I can't find any good opposing evidence
Reply 638

Really? Out of 6 AO2 points you'd do studies?? I only do one for and one against, or sometimes two for or just one for where I can't find any good opposing evidence

In an ideal world haha, wish i could remember that much
Oh no it'd be pretty horrid as a 12 marker, but as a smaller question it'd be great. I can imagine as there was no actual studies in unit 3 there will be small questions on Rosenhan/Goldstein

Fingers cross for a double-barreled question like describe and evaluate TWO theories/treatments - perfect !!

Oh boy I'm praying for Rosenhan - 12 marker on him would be amazing :crossedf: Although I don't think they've ever given a 12 marker on a study before, they've mostly been on treatments and research methods
I mean the unit 3 paper wasn't bad so either they'll be really harsh on this paper or nice again :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending