The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VanDarth
You could do an all nighter.....

No that's retarded, literally I don't understand why people do this. If I get any less than 6 hours sleep I feel like someone's hit me over the head with a cement block and I can't remember anything.

I've finish everything, I just need to memorize it...
Original post by gayqa
I hate psychology so much, I regret taking it on as and AS subject almost every day, having to learn the studies which are practically stating the obvious is tedious and time consuming and worst of all the content that is interesting is dwarfed by the evaluate rubbish which is a big fat yawn in my opinion. Ifeel sorry for anyone doing this subject at university and cannot wait till I sit my paper knowing that I never again have to be forced to endure the bin lorry that is AQA psychology.

preeeeach
does the exam start at 9? also how long is it? the timetable wont load :/
Original post by gayqa
I hate psychology so much, I regret taking it on as and AS subject almost every day, having to learn the studies which are practically stating the obvious is tedious and time consuming and worst of all the content that is interesting is dwarfed by the evaluate rubbish which is a big fat yawn in my opinion. Ifeel sorry for anyone doing this subject at university and cannot wait till I sit my paper knowing that I never again have to be forced to endure the bin lorry that is AQA psychology.

LMAO I feel exactly the same way. But A levels are like that. They take something you enjoy and make it boring because there's too much content to remember, too much bs analyzing, too much bloat no one cares about. It's literally memorizing sh*t and vomiting it out on the paper. And lawd forbid if you don't memorize one essay and it comes up. That means you've failed and you're useless and not good at the subject and bye bye university.

Original post by smozsolution
A Level psychology is not representative of degree level psychology.

What's the difference may I ask? How is it taught?
Original post by DiamondsForever
Hi,
What do you think will come up for anomalistic?
I'm thinking magical thinking/ superstition/ psychic mediumship

I think so too but got a gut feeling OBEs might come up. Plus the 4 marker's gonna be a pseudoscientific question I think. Haven't seen those in a while...
Original post by BethM98

9:00AM for 2 hours

My teacher has suggested 1 hour on research methods and half an hour on each of your other 2 topics - i.e for me half an hour schizophrenia, half an hour media
Original post by BethM98

9 for 2 hours
Reply 5327
Original post by BethM98

9-11 it's 2 hours long
Original post by кяя
No that's retarded, literally I don't understand why people do this. If I get any less than 6 hours sleep I feel like someone's hit me over the head with a cement block and I can't remember anything.

I've finish everything, I just need to memorize it...

Wait you havent memorized anything yet??? How are you going to memorize 2 topics worth in a few hours? Ive been memorizing essays as ive learnt them much more efficient and practical.
Original post by BethM98

Yes, it's 9:00 till 11:00
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Wait you havent memorized anything yet??? How are you going to memorize 2 topics worth in a few hours? Ive been memorizing essays as ive learnt them much more efficient and practical.

Yeah I've written out all the essays, made plans out of them. Now I'm just gonna make quizlet flashcards and out of those make my own even more condensed flashcards.

Tbh I'm so sick of this I might just call it a day
Original post by yasx_
someone?

You could use nicotine replacement theory

Outline
In a nicotine replacement therapy, nicotine is absorbed by means other than smoking, such as for example nicotine patches, gum, or nasal sprays. These help people stop smoking in several ways. Even a low dose of nicotine helps to reduce withdrawal symptoms. Nasal sprays or gum are quick acting and provide positive reinforcement, due to their stress-relief and arousal effects. Smokers can self-administer nicotine when they have the urge to smoke cigarettes. Nicotine patches deliver nicotine gradually and maintain nicotine levels throughout the day, so it provides less positive reinforcement. They may also desensitise nicotine receptors in the brain, so a cigarette while on patches is less satisfying.

Evaluate
Research support for NRT - meta-analyses on the effectiveness of nicotine patches have provided considerable support for the effectiveness of this therapy, and show that nicotine is the addictive ingredient in cigarettes. Moore et al (2009) found NRT's to be effective in achieving sustained abstinence for smokers who cannot stop immediately.

Likelihood of relapse - Current NRT's deliver nicotine into the bloodstream far more slowly than cigarette smoking does. Most smokers see nicotine replacement as less satisfying as smoking a cigarette, so some smokers will give up the therapy and relapse.

Ethical issues of NRT - Although it removes the harmful effects of tar in cigarettes, there are some concerns about the harmful effects of nicotine. It increases the heart rate and blood pressure, and may be linked to cardiovascular disease, cancer and delayed wound healing. It can have harmful effects on a foetus if taken in pregnancy. However the benefits of stopping smoking using NRT far outweigh the risks of the therapy.:biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
anyone not revising biological therapies for schizophrenia?
If a question was something like "discuss one or more explanations of how the media influences anti-social behaviour" (june 2015) could you just do two really in-depth explanations

I'm struggling to remember all four (fours not a lot but along with everything else) so do you think I could learn say two explanations for each anti social, pro social, positive effects of video games and negative effects on video games?
Original post by AnnaMaiDo

It's the only one for Sz I haven't done a last minute go-over today, I'll probably look at it later but I need to finish media and I have another exam tomorrow so idkkk.
Original post by AnnaMaiDo

I'd so a quick revision session on it as sometimes they can give you 4 markers in the schizophrenia part of the exam
Original post by aimsnaywux
If a question was something like "discuss one or more explanations of how the media influences anti-social behaviour" (june 2015) could you just do two really in-depth explanations

I'm struggling to remember all four (fours not a lot but along with everything else) so do you think I could learn say two explanations for each anti social, pro social, positive effects of video games and negative effects on video games?

Yeah you could as long as there's enough depth.
I'm learning two for most of them too because I left it too last minute to deal with more than that.
Original post by loliech
Crap really?? I know methadone but not been taught serotonin....

No but I think it usually just says outline one bio intervention, normally not specifying, plus in some books it dosen't even specify 'antonigst agonist'
Original post by BethM98
no it supports it

Eh explain how? Sorry for pestering but since its using a different theory (expressed emotion) I just assume that it goes against it?
Original post by wickedisgood
It's the only one for Sz I haven't done a last minute go-over today, I'll probably look at it later but I need to finish media and I have another exam tomorrow so idkkk.

oh my god may the lord have mercy on your soul

Latest

Trending

Trending