The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS3/BUSS4 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by laurat787
I LITERALLY JUST SAID IT IS NOT MY RESOURCE I AM NOT A TEACHER! How have I made a new account, if you look at my account I have been on here for years lol pathetic. Sorry for trying to help

alright assuming your purchased it, provide a screenshot of it
I LITERALLY JUST SAID IT IS NOT MY RESOURCE I AM NOT A TEACHER! How have I made a new account, if you look at my account I have been on here for years lol pathetic. Sorry for trying to help

Can you not just put the predictions on here? just dont really want to be scammed or anything lol come on help us all out
What do different people do in the first 15 mins when reading case, do you annotate or do an FMOP or highlight it etc??
Cheers
Original post by George.lowe1
What do different people do in the first 15 mins when reading case, do you annotate or do an FMOP or highlight it etc??
Cheers

I have been taught to annotate and pick out application for the case study, i.e. by annotating question numbers and underlining key points. What does FMOP mean? I think its whatever you feel comfortable doing and what works for you, there is no right or wrong way I think.
Lmfao, if people private message me individually I will send it but I'm not helping out someone who calls strangers 'dirty skets' and I also am not posting it onto a public forum when I can get done for sending it on.

Hi, I have messaged you. Please can you send it to my inbox?
Original post by Jessedge
I have been taught to annotate and pick out application for the case study, i.e. by annotating question numbers and underlining key points. What does FMOP mean? I think its whatever you feel comfortable doing and what works for you, there is no right or wrong way I think.

FMOP stands for finance, marketing, operations and people... We have been shown to draw a grid (split page into 4) and put quotes from the case into the four boxes but it takes ages to do
Your profile doesn't accept messages
Reply 247
if ur gna rely on predictions then good luck mate. I could predict questions and sell them for 5 lmao
Hey guys
Just wondering how everybody goes about evaluating their answers because im not really too strong on it and i was hoping for some tips thanks in advance
Original post by Alevelhelp97
Hey guys
Just wondering how everybody goes about evaluating their answers because im not really too strong on it and i was hoping for some tips thanks in advance

Look up tutor2u's AJIM conclusion as this is where you can build up evaluative marks - also at the end of each point link it back to the Q and maybe make an evaluative statement such as 'critically the change from hard to soft HR will reduce the firms ability to compete'
Original post by George.lowe1
FMOP stands for finance, marketing, operations and people... We have been shown to draw a grid (split page into 4) and put quotes from the case into the four boxes but it takes ages to do

what a crazy technique - bonkers

highlight the key business objectives
highlight possible data manipulation / ratios / links between data and case study

then crack on with Q1
Anyone else praying for calculations this year? Last years paper was a beauty 10 marks for a simple calculation
Original post by Crozzer24
Anyone else praying for calculations this year? Last years paper was a beauty 10 marks for a simple calculation

Apart from anything i want a calculation as it can be done in 5 minutes as opposed to a written 10 marker that'll take me 15 :frown:
Reply 253
i wish it was NPV/ARR/Payback,

However, they have been asked last year. Also, the easiest Critical Path Analysis ever was asked last year. June 2015 gave 28 easily obtained marks in my opinion. praying for a simple, easy paper! :frown:
can i just say AQA seem to love repeating things on my geography exam they have now done the same thing 3 times in a row so i am not ruling anything out
you do get a formula sheet in the exam correct? just to make sure aha
Yes you do
Last minute tips? Please
Quick question, on the 18 and 34 marker essay questions, how much do I show my numerical working out? Seems like showing all your working out is more for the pure numerical questions.
Original post by Daniel6
Quick question, on the 18 and 34 marker essay questions, how much do I show my numerical working out? Seems like showing all your working out is more for the pure numerical questions.

i've been told you can/should put working out in the planning section, and then just use the answers within the paragraphs, but you don't need to put working out at all no

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending