The Student Room Group

6th June History Edexcel Unit 2 (tomorrow)

Any tips for the exam tomorrow?

How will you guys be regarding each question in the exam tomorrow? I always struggle with the 16 marker, overall i feel a little bit ready...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
im so tired and therefore cant remember anything :smile: great
Original post by gameofno
im so tired and therefore cant remember anything :smile: great

I'm sure it'll all come to you when you're actually sitting the paper.
My problem is that i struggle with remembering the dates of specific events, like i know what happens after what but i don't know when for example the night of the long knives took place
Reply 3
Original post by goldenusername
I'm sure it'll all come to you when you're actually sitting the paper.
My problem is that i struggle with remembering the dates of specific events, like i know what happens after what but i don't know when for example the night of the long knives took place

I GET U like there are so many dates and statistics like how many votes by 1928 and 32 and unemployment rate and idek mmy brain hurts
i just want this exam to b over n done wid
Original post by mariam687
i just want this exam to b over n done wid

Are you prepared?
Are you prepared?

a bit, just going over everything
Reply 7
Hit me up with any questions on Life in Germany :smile:
Original post by jamestg
Hit me up with any questions on Life in Germany :smile:

Are you sitting the exam tomorrow?
Reply 9
Are you sitting the exam tomorrow?

Nope I did it last year and did fairly well. I did the A-level equivalent a few weeks ago as well - so fire away with any questions!
Original post by jamestg
Nope I did it last year and did fairly well. I did the A-level equivalent a few weeks ago as well - so fire away with any questions!

oh okay :smile: Do you have any tips for structure and exam techniques?

And could you also help me with the question " Was agreeing to the Dawes Plan the most important action taken by Stresemann in bringing stability in the years 1924-29?"
I GET U like there are so many dates and statistics like how many votes by 1928 and 32 and unemployment rate and idek mmy brain hurts

12 in 1928, 107 in 1930, 230 in 1932, 196 in 1932
6 million unemployed by 1932
I remembered it :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by GCSE2016Troop

lmao just shoot me why dont ya
oh okay :smile: Do you have any tips for structure and exam techniques?

And could you also help me with the question " Was agreeing to the Dawes Plan the most important action taken by Stresemann in bringing stability in the years 1924-29?"

Basically just take your time, plan all of your answers (except for the 4 marker) and underline key words!

When doing the 16 marker -> 2 points for, 1 point against, or if you're looking at different factors do a point for each factor. Keep them nice and chunky!

For your specific question...

Think what is the question asking you, what other things did Stresemann do? I would split in into Dawes Plan, foreign policy and then economic policy.

For each point you need to do... PEE and then another EE to back up your point! One example won't be enough to gain top marks.
Original post by GCSE2016Troop

lmao just shoot me why dont ya

Don't worry too much about stats. All you need to show is a general change, or manipulate the data. For example, unemployment almost doubled between 1930 and 1932!
Original post by jamestg
Basically just take your time, plan all of your answers (except for the 4 marker) and underline key words!

When doing the 16 marker -> 2 points for, 1 point against, or if you're looking at different factors do a point for each factor. Keep them nice and chunky!

For your specific question...

Think what is the question asking you, what other things did Stresemann do? I would split in into Dawes Plan, foreign policy and then economic policy.

For each point you need to do... PEE and then another EE to back up your point! One example won't be enough to gain top marks.

Thank you, so with the 16 marker should i do it almost like an argument and give different factors?
Reply 16
Original post by jamestg
Don't worry too much about stats. All you need to show is a general change, or manipulate the data. For example, unemployment almost doubled between 1930 and 1932!

i wanna impress my examiner for that A*
So do we reckon it's going to be: social reforms, women's suffrage or the homefront? Or am I doing something different than you chaps?
i wanna impress my examiner for that A*

You won't impress them by regurgitating stats I can assure you, anyone can remember a few statistics! There's nothing wrong with learning them and using them, however you'll be more efficient with your time if you just understand trends and can give manipulated bits of evidence. It sometimes makes your argument flow better, as giving stats can make sentences become clunky.

Use them if you have them! Just don't religiously learn them :smile: good luck with tomorrow I'm sure you'll ace it if you're wanting an A*!
Thank you, so with the 16 marker should i do it almost like an argument and give different factors?

Depends on the question.

If it's a question like "was x the main factor in causing y" you should decide if it was the main factor, if so. Put it as your main point and then come up with two different factors. A key mistake to make is to have two points discussing one factor - DON'T DO THIS!! You're likely to move down to a lower band/level automatically because you're not showing a broad argument.

However if it's a question like "how similar was x between WG and NG" you should give two points for your view, and one point against!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending