The Student Room Group

Edexcel S1 - 15th June, 2016 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Im freaking out because I just realisedmy calculator was in a mode where in which it gave wronganswers so I think I may have messed up the previous maths and physics papers. I mean thank god I spotted it before 1 but I cant believe I may have messed up my grades for maths and physics and everything. I'm panicking
Original post by Pavinder100
Solomon E Q2.pngHow do you work out Var(R) without having to do the whole E(R^2)-((E(R))^2 ?

For 5b_ you should have got R = 10Q + 4
Now, when we need to change the E(Q) to E(R) we use the same formula:

E(Q) = 3
Therefore, E(R) = 10(3) + 4 = 34

Var(Q) = 2
Therefore, Var(R) = (10*10)(2) = 200

Is this right? Weird answers...
Original post by physicsamor
Im freaking out because I just realisedmy calculator was in a mode where in which it gave wronganswers so I think I may have messed up the previous maths and physics papers. I mean thank god I spotted it before 1 but I cant believe I may have messed up my grades for maths and physics and everything. I'm panicking

thanks for bring down grade boundaries, your'e doing gods work
Original post by Exavior
What did you all think of the 2015 June paper. If the papernis like this I will ne happy, none of those histograms in it! It was great apart from the end question mixing probability questions with mormal distribution!

I found June 2015 quite tricky to finish under and hour and a half :frown:
Yes it was correct, why do you have to do 10*10 for variance?
Why is this question such a mindf***?...
Took me ages to figure it out, so much time would have been wasted in real exam conditions though :frown:

S1 (IAL) Jan 2014 Q5
Click to enlarge...

S1 (IAL) Jan 2014 Q5.png
Original post by KloppOClock
thanks for bring down grade boundaries, your'e doing gods work

That's funny
Original post by target21859
Here you go:
Grade boundaires are quite low for this paper. 72 for full ums 58 for an A. Does a hard paper in January mean an easy paper in June?

CHRIST ALMIGHTY, what a BEAST of a statistics paper, sneaky bit of quadratic formula hidden in there. But anyway thanks for posting it, was a laf
Original post by Exavior
CHRIST ALMIGHTY, what a BEAST of a statistics paper, sneaky bit of quadratic formula hidden in there. But anyway thanks for posting it, was a laf

Yeah I thought it was a beast of a paper as well. If you need any other 2016 papers I have access to them so just ask.
Ok so I really need help with conditional probabilities.
With this question in particular...
S1 (IAL) Jan 2014 Q7.png

I know that with part (a) that the...
P(M|L)

= P(MnL)
P(L)

But I don't know why the P(MnL) isn't just P(M)P(L) e.g. 3/5 x 3/10

How do I work out the intersection? Not just for this question but for all these types of questions?
^Someone please explain to me these types of questions in the above post :frown:
Yeah I thought it was a beast of a paper as well. If you need any other 2016 papers I have access to them so just ask.

Beast of a paper as in easy or hard? I found it alright - 72/75 made an error on the box plot question. I used 0.75 and not 0.5.

Could you pm the 2016 s2 paper please? s4/c4 as well if you have them :smile:
any idea of the grade boundaries for 90+ UMS?

Ohhh that sound good, I didnt know there were any more 2016 papers so if you could post some more that would be great for some last minuet revision tomorrow! Thank you
Original post by tazza ma razza
Beast of a paper as in easy or hard? I found it alright - 72/75 made an error on the box plot question. I used 0.75 and not 0.5.

Could you pm the 2016 s2 paper please? s4/c4 as well if you have them :smile:

Beast as in hard. However I got 67/75 so if it similar or easier (I cant see it being any harder) then I will be alright. 😀 Looking forward for my last exam!

(I am sorry I dont have any 2016 papers, I got it of a post before me)
can't wait to get this exam over and done with
If you can do the jan 2016 paper, then you should be feelin pretty ****in confident about this exam :smile:
If you can do the jan 2016 paper, then you should be feelin pretty ****in confident about this exam :smile:

where's the jan 16 paper?

Are you taking this exam and if you are are you feeling confident! 😄
Original post by sgill23
where's the jan 16 paper?

Page 14

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending