The Student Room Group

IGCSE EDEXCEL MATHS PAPER 4H Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Betty1234567890
What do you think 123 would be as a grade

I would say a B !! :-) It would be an A with Jan's grade boundaries however everyone thinks they will go up a bit as it was quite easy this year
Would I be able to repeat if I got a B
I got all of them right apart from Question 9. I found the hypotenuse through Pythag but I forgot to add the other 2 sides. Could I possibly get 2 marks?
Original post by sivthasan
I got all of them right apart from Question 9. I found the hypotenuse through Pythag but I forgot to add the other 2 sides. Could I possibly get 2 marks?

Out of four marks you will get 2. You get the marks for realising that pythagoras' theorem needed to be used and for correctly identifying it.
You will lose 2 marks for not adding on the other sides and for not getting the correct final answer.
Reply 166
What did question 10 ask ?
Original post by Milena1810
I would say a B !! :-) It would be an A with Jan's grade boundaries however everyone thinks they will go up a bit as it was quite easy this year

What do you think about 135?
Also if i forgot to put c for question 8 b on the translation would i lose a mark?
Do you think for the sets question it would be one mark each for circle (3 marks)
Does someone think 67 per cent in both 3h and 4h will not be an a
Original post by aryzar399
Also if i forgot to put c for question 8 b on the translation would i lose a mark?

Unlikely.
Do you think for the sets question it would be one mark each for circle (3 marks)

They are ususally marked weirdly (negative marking often), so I'm not sure.
Does someone think 67 per cent in both 3h and 4h will not be an a

That's definitely an A.
Thanks
What did you think of the both paper together? Easy or hard?
What did you think of the both paper together? Easy or hard?

First one was moderate for a maths paper - and as I found the maths papers easy, I found it easy therefore.
The second one was far easier than most maths papers - thus it was pips.
Overall pretty easy.
Original post by Martins1
First one was moderate for a maths paper - and as I found the maths papers easy, I found it easy therefore.
The second one was far easier than most maths papers - thus it was pips.
Overall pretty easy.

So I take it 82 won't be an a star because that is honestly what i think i will get
How do y'all remember all the questions let alone your answers??? It's been a while.....
Also, everyone who did it- did you do it as a early gcse or as a retake from last year.... This could greatly affect our grade boundaries!
R the final functions question 17d if i just wrote x=4 and not x=1 bcs i didnt do plus or minus root (10-1) will i lose a mark?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending