The Student Room Group

Ccea chemistry A2 unit 1 2016 victims thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Binajd
Comparing the module 5 exam from last year, I find that this years module 5 was a wee bit more difficult than last years. Last year it was 98 for an A* so I think it would either be around that or just below

Yeah the questions were so obscure compared to other years. Well even if the boundaries stay the same they shouldn't be any higher...hopefully lol
Reply 81
Original post by rm717
Does anyone remember the percentage they got from one of the very first questions following the multiple choice?

I can remember writing 76% for something but not sure of the question...there was a yield question straight after but I think it was asking mass
Reply 82
Original post by CCG88
I can remember writing 76% for something but not sure of the question...there was a yield question straight after but I think it was asking mass

yea i got something like that. Overall thought the paper was worryingly easy: i was finished inside 50minutes!
Reply 83
Original post by rm717
yea i got something like that. Overall thought the paper was worryingly easy: i was finished inside 50minutes!

Yeah I had loads of time left. Kept checking to make sure I hadn't missed pages. I've only heard one person complaining about it, most others seemed to think it was fine.
Reply 84
Original post by CCG88
Yeah the questions were so obscure compared to other years. Well even if the boundaries stay the same they shouldn't be any higher...hopefully lol

Yeah exactly, it would roughly be around 98 but it would, of course, be better if it was lowered. We will see in August. Just a wee note, I heard that the second best school in my area (Rathmore Grammar School, Belfast) thought the exam was pretty difficult with the wording in some places. The point I am making is that you shouldn't worry too much if you didn't too well
Reply 85
Original post by CCG88

I got something like 76.2%
Reply 86
Original post by Binajd
Yeah exactly, it would roughly be around 98 but it would, of course, be better if it was lowered. We will see in August. Just a wee note, I heard that the second best school in my area (Rathmore Grammar School, Belfast) thought the exam was pretty difficult with the wording in some places. The point I am making is that you shouldn't worry too much if you didn't too well

Well that's good to know, thanks :smile: roll on August !!
Reply 87
Original post by Binajd
I got something like 76.2%

Do you remember what you got for the yield question ?? I think I got 26 or 28 grams, can't remember exactly
Reply 88
Original post by CCG88
Do you remember what you got for the yield question ?? I think I got 26 or 28 grams, can't remember exactly

I think I got something like 26, but you must have got it right
Reply 89
Original post by Binajd
I think I got something like 26, but you must have got it right

Happy days, it's a start anyway :u:

Quick Reply

Latest