The Student Room Group

If you could go back in time and redo one exam, which one would you pick?

Scroll to see replies

Maths paper 1 :-((((

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by isabere
I'm doing AQA

Lmao, think i'm gonna go revise now (I feel like i'm gonna be up till 4am)

Sameee, I might try pulling an all nighter to learn everything :colonhash:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Edexcel M1 Mechanics June 16 & push my 'B' to a low 'A'.

It would mean I wouldn't have to self-teach S2, which I'm struggling day 1 revision today and exam on 27th onto of 4 upcoming exams that I need to score A* in all.

I :dontknow: what uni/college that is.... probz in the states.

Any ideas?

Not too sure
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Do you think grade boundaries will be 170 for an A* or even higher?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hell no it should be lower!!
none of them. Exams are exams and I barely give a **** about them. Give me my 4bs and 5cs to get back into school and i'll be happy. Give me my 9 predicted As and i'll be happy, no more or less.

My dad runs a medium sized business. I asked him - "Who would you employ? Someone with 4Bs and 5cs at GCSE and AAA at A level. Or someone with 9A*s at GCSE and ABB at a-level. His mere response was the one who had the better a-level results. The same probably applies for universities, unless it's some kind of oxford ****.
Reply 45
MATHS.
B2
Do you think grade boundaries will be 170 for an A* or even higher?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe 175 is the highest they can go, so I'm thinking an A* might be 165 or so.

Either way I'm still annoyed.
Original post by hafsa473
Hell no it should be lower!!

Hope it's 165!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Changing Skies
We all have an exam that we wish we could do all over again because it went horribly or you made a silly mistake, so, if you had the chance to redo one (without knowing the questions of course :colone:) which would you go for?

AQA GCSE Maths Paper 1
Original post by TeenPolyglot
I believe 175 is the highest they can go, so I'm thinking an A* might be 165 or so.

Either way I'm still annoyed.

Really? I didn't know that!

Oh what happened? Im annoyed as well as I had poor time management on the day. Normally finish half an hour to 1 hour before the exam, this time couldn't finish both papers. Lost 4 marks on the last 6 marker, 4 marks on colin's car and a few extra marks due to me changing the correct answer to the wrong answer!

Would've had at least 180 but just don't know what happened that day :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Really? I didn't know that!

Oh what happened? Im annoyed as well as I had poor time management on the day. Normally finish half an hour to 1 hour before the exam, this time couldn't finish both papers. Lost 4 marks on the last 6 marker, 4 marks on colin's car and a few extra marks due to me changing the correct answer to the wrong answer!

Would've had at least 180 but just don't know what happened that day :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Calculator was in wrong mode, and I didn't realise this until the end. I messed up questions which I'm perfectly able to do because of this- I mean, I can get my head around calculus but can't notice a small R in a box...
x

Ouch. Sorry about that, our exams officer reminded us at the beginning to reset our calculators so this wouldn't happen...:frown:
Original post by homeland.lsw
Ouch. Sorry about that, our exams officer reminded us at the beginning to reset our calculators so this wouldn't happen...:frown:

They probably did if I'm honest, but I was behind about 50 other people so I couldn't hear- there's 350 people in our year!

Plus I worked out later that my calculator had changed to radians whilst I was walking into the exam hall; stupid "no calculator lid" rule :frown:
They probably did if I'm honest, but I was behind about 50 other people so I couldn't hear- there's 350 people in our year!

Plus I worked out later that my calculator had changed to radians whilst I was walking into the exam hall; stupid "no calculator lid" rule :frown:

If it's any conciliation I stupidly put 100-25pi as 75pi in paper 1 :facepalm:
Do you do FM by any chance?
If it's any conciliation I stupidly put 100-25pi as 75pi in paper 1 :facepalm:
Do you do FM by any chance?

To say 100-25π is 75π is the type of thing I'd do to be honest.
And I'm guessing that FM is Further Maths- No, I don't do that, nor am I doing Maths at AS/A Level.
To say 100-25π is 75π is the type of thing I'd do to be honest.
And I'm guessing that FM is Further Maths- No, I don't do that, nor am I doing Maths at AS/A Level.

Yep...my mind plays tricks on me in exams :rofl:
Oh...you're not? Pity.
Yep...my mind plays tricks on me in exams :rofl:
Oh...you're not? Pity.

Thank god I'm not the only one!

I was planning on AS Maths but I don't want one really bad grade.
(edited 7 years ago)
AS Bio paper 1 :frown:
Reply 59
My maths calculator one 😒

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest