The Student Room Group

STEP Prep Thread 2016 (Mark. II)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zacken
I'm not convinced, the sample size is too small to conclude that it's unlikely we won't get 3 consecutive down's again this time, for all we know, that's 65-ish boundaries for a 1 is what they want.

No problem mate, you sitting I tomorrow?

All right then. Good luck for tomorrow. Let's get that S grade! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone else doing STEP but doesn't have an offer reliant on it? My friend needs a 2 in STEP 1 to get into Bath because she didn't take FM A2 so I'm taking the same paper as moral support for her haha. Not even expecting a 2 because despite what half of you insane geniuses might think, STEP 1 is bloody hard haha.

Doesn't help that it clashes with my 3 hour French exam tomorrow so yay 6 hours of exams for me! :biggrin:

I have an offer for Durham A*AA, do you think they would accept a 2 in STEP in place of the A* in Maths (which I SHOULD get and i'm aiming for an A* in FM but this is all just in case)
@Zacken @physicsmaths @Insight @IrrationalRoot @jjsnyder (and others who I apologise for missing!)
Good luck tomorrow! also how is everyone gonna spend their evening? I dont want to try and cram in a load of questions but I also dont want to be sitting here pondering what ill do if I dont attempt 6 qs or something.
Original post by Swifty139

yea Im confident they would be flexible. I think one of my durham conditions was I could only do 2 a levels if I got a 2 in step or something weird like that :tongue:
Reply 1044
Original post by EnglishMuon
@Zacken @physicsmaths @Insight @IrrationalRoot @jjsnyder (and others who I apologise for missing!)
Good luck tomorrow! also how is everyone gonna spend their evening? I dont want to try and cram in a load of questions but I also dont want to be sitting here pondering what ill do if I dont attempt 6 qs or something.

Read over a few examiner reports, laugh at the brutal savagery from the examiners - mostly just relax, I'm going to watch a movie and eat snacks. :lol:

Good luck!!

I'm definitely not doing any more questions tonight. My mental stamina is already bad enough as is.
Also I really hope I do get to attempt 6 Qs since I badly want an S in this, wouldn't mind that much only getting 1s in II and III.
It really all depends on how good my first Q is. If I get off to a bad start I usually go on to screw up the whole paper regardless of how nice the other Qs are...
Hopefully there's an nice integration/DE Q (or both!) in the paper that'll let me get a full quickly. :smile:
Good luck everybody. I hope each of you do amazingly 😊😊
Original post by IrrationalRoot
I'm definitely not doing any more questions tonight. My mental stamina is already bad enough as is.
Also I really hope I do get to attempt 6 Qs since I badly want an S in this, wouldn't mind that much only getting 1s in II and III.
It really all depends on how good my first Q is. If I get off to a bad start I usually go on to screw up the whole paper regardless of how nice the other Qs are...
Hopefully there's an nice integration/DE Q (or both!) in the paper that'll let me get a full quickly. :smile:

Ah great! My thoughts too. Ill just finish what im doing and eat cake then :tongue:
Good luck for everyone tomorrow. And thank you for helping me all these months!:tongue:
Is anyone else doing STEP but doesn't have an offer reliant on it? My friend needs a 2 in STEP 1 to get into Bath because she didn't take FM A2 so I'm taking the same paper as moral support for her haha. Not even expecting a 2 because despite what half of you insane geniuses might think, STEP 1 is bloody hard haha.

Doesn't help that it clashes with my 3 hour French exam tomorrow so yay 6 hours of exams for me! :biggrin:

I have an offer for Durham A*AA, do you think they would accept a 2 in STEP in place of the A* in Maths (which I SHOULD get and i'm aiming for an A* in FM but this is all just in case)

Omg that's brutal. I was aware that there was a 3 hour French exam tomorrow (I got bored so I was looking online to see who else would be in the hall with us lol) but didn't realise some people could be doing both!
You doing STEP first?
Omg that's brutal. I was aware that there was a 3 hour French exam tomorrow (I got bored so I was looking online to see who else would be in the hall with us lol) but didn't realise some people could be doing both!
You doing STEP first?

Haha I know, I had a heart attack when I found out they clashed but hey ho, if I can do this I can do anything eh? :P I'm doing French first as it requires the computers but i'll be in isolation for the rest of the day and probably worn out to want to do STEP. Not expecting great things because of it!
Haha I know, I had a heart attack when I found out they clashed but hey ho, if I can do this I can do anything eh? :P I'm doing French first as it requires the computers but i'll be in isolation for the rest of the day and probably worn out to want to do STEP. Not expecting great things because of it!

That's a tough ask, but good luck anyway! :smile:

Good luck to you too! I expect all the lads in this thread to nail the STEP I tomorrow. We all have the capability to get 1/S but we just got to make sure that we are confident, pick the right questions and not panic if it doesn't go as planned. :smile:

I am going to read through my Chemistry notes, since I have the exam tomorrow an hour after STEP I, and then finish the M4 paper I didn't get to complete today. After that I would probably have about 1-2 hours of working through some STEP questions (probably mechanics) as a warmup for tomorrow. All this until 10pm, which is when I will go to bed and try to fall asleep by 11pm. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1053
Ah great! My thoughts too. Ill just finish what im doing and eat cake then :tongue:

Urgh, now I want cake. :tongue:
That's a tough ask, but good luck anyway! :smile:

Thanks, you too!
Original post by Zacken
Urgh, now I want cake. :tongue:

haha well if we ur a good boy and dont mess up step u might get a slice in september :wink:

Original post by Insight314
Good luck to you too! I expect all the lads in this thread to nail the STEP I tomorrow. We all have the capability to get 1/S but we just got to make sure that we are confident, pick the right questions and not panic if it doesn't go as planned. :smile:

I am going to read through my Chemistry notes, since I have the exam tomorrow an hour after STEP I, and then finish the M4 paper I didn't get to complete today. After that I would probably have about 1-2 hours of working through some STEP questions (probably mechanics) as a warmup for tomorrow. All this until 10pm, which is when I will go to bed and try to fall asleep by 11pm. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow it sounds like ur organised! If im honest ill probably go to bed just after 9 or something so I theres no issue of tiredness tomorrow.
Reply 1056
haha well if we ur a good boy and dont mess up step u might get a slice in september :wink:

fam if I don't mess up I deserve like 10^n for n>10 slices

wow it sounds like ur organised! If im honest ill probably go to bed just after 9 or something so I theres no issue of tiredness tomorrow.

Yeah, I think sleep might be the most productive thing we could do for tomorrow's exam to be honest, haha. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zacken
fam if I don't mess up I deserve like 10^n for n>10 slices

lol ok. I could give u infinite slices if u want where each slice is 1/2 the size of the previous and the first is an ordinary one. Hows that sound?
Reply 1059
lol ok. I could give u infinite slices if u want where each slice is 1/2 the size of the previous and the first is an ordinary one. Hows that sound?

...cheeky git, the DoS is going to have a field day with you :tongue:

Quick Reply