The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zygomaticus
Thanks and to you too! It's really not that bad, I naively went out too much during semester time during years 1 + 2. I kept living life as though I was still in freshers week and it meant that the end of the year was hell whereas others I'm sure had an easier time!

I will try to not make the same mistake come this September xD!!
I feel quite prepared for tomorrow's chem exam, I might look at AS stuff very briefly just in case. I plan on doing a couple more papers and maybe more NMR practice :smile: Next, I think I'll do another paper then briefly look at the psychology studies I'll use for that exam tomorrow :work:
Reply 4422
Original post by Kamara7
I feel quite prepared for tomorrow's chem exam, I might look at AS stuff very briefly just in case. I plan on doing a couple more papers and maybe more NMR practice :smile: Next, I think I'll do another paper then briefly look at the psychology studies I'll use for that exam tomorrow :work:

pls whats rhe difference between phenol and phenyl can u give me an example?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ranz
pls whats rhe difference between phenol and phenyl can u give me an example?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Phenol has an oh directly attached to the benzene ring. It isn't an alcohol.

Phenyl? Like phenylbenzene?

That is when an nh2 group is attached to the benzene ring.
Original post by Kamara7

Sorry, by looking at as you mean ch2? I know ch2 questions come up in ch4 but cba
Reply 4425
Original post by Kittyboy
Phenol has an oh directly attached to the benzene ring. It isn't an alcohol.

Phenyl? Like phenylbenzene?

That is when an nh2 group is attached to the benzene ring.

oops meant phenyl and benzene

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kittyboy
Sorry, by looking at as you mean ch2? I know ch2 questions come up in ch4 but cba

Um, I guess all of AS, but a lot of unit 2 is in unit 4 anyway, I'm just gonna look at things like atom economy (as % yield has come up) and stuff like that :smile:
Original post by ranz
oops meant phenyl and benzene

Posted from TSR Mobile

Benzene is literally C6H6, Phenyl is C6H5- (just to clarify, the '-' is a dash, not a minus charge) which is just benzene attached to something (one of the hydrogens is substituted for something like an amine group). It's like alkane and alkyl, alkyl groups are just alkanes attached to something: C2H6 is an alkane, but C2H5- is an alkyl group.
Original post by Kamara7
Benzene is literally C6H6, Phenyl is C6H5- (just to clarify, the '-' is a dash, not a minus charge) which is just benzene attached to something (one of the hydrogens is substituted for something like an amine group). It's like alkane and alkyl, alkyl groups are just alkanes attached to something: C2H6 is an alkane, but C2H5- is an alkyl group.

Holy crapballs, thanks for this. I was entirely wrong.
Original post by Don Pedro K.
I will try to not make the same mistake come this September xD!!

Best of luck and I hope it goes well! Personally I've absolutely loved it and I've got 2 more years to go, so long may it last! Remember to keep a healthy work life balance and genuinely it's been the best time of my life and I hope it'll be the same for you!
Original post by Zygomaticus
Best of luck and I hope it goes well! Personally I've absolutely loved it and I've got 2 more years to go, so long may it last! Remember to keep a healthy work life balance and genuinely it's been the best time of my life and I hope it'll be the same for you!

Thank you so much :smile: I'm sure you're going to make an incredible doctor :biggrin:!!
Reply 4431
Original post by Pokémontrainer
X

Thanks for your kindness. :heart:
Reply 4432
Original post by Kadak
Same. I am starting seriously now though.

Ah good to hear - did you manage to get much done?
Reply 4433
Okay, well I continued working on Chemistry this afternoon + I'm currently taking a break untill.. 8:05 then I'll start on Acylation.
Reply 4434
Blasted C3 June 2014, going to start condensing some more notes for econ. at quarter past
Haven't been on here in a very long time but I've sat my first two exams (chem 1&2) and I'm happy with how they've gone!

Next exam is C4 on Friday and I've finished all of the past papers except 2015's which I'll leave to a later day in the week. I'm happy with the progress I've made with C4 (got 100% UMS in the 2013&2014 past papers!!) so hopefully things will go well.

Main focus for this week's work will be going over Bio 5 again because I'm finding myself forgetting everything I learnt and need to get cracking with the past papers, and I'm confident with how Chem 5 is going so I'll put that on the back burner until after C4.
Original post by Anon_98
Ah good to hear - did you manage to get much done?

I managed to get a good bit done.Im currently watching the football matvh but after its done,I plan to carry out a past paper marathon til the early morning.
Looking at the psychology studies now :work:
Beginning my marathon of past papers.
Reply 4439
the week of fatigue has commenced.
ive got chem 4 tomoz. gonna sleep right now (maybe in half an hour?) to wake up earlya and get to college.

at college:
1)go over specification
2)go over some past papers and memorise answers.
3)do the june 2015
5)ace the exam.

Latest