The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blackdiamond97
One Nationism is an example of ideals (paternalism, authority) that traditional conservatives hold, not a strand in its own right. Everything else is correct

Oh okay because in one of the mark schemes I read it talked about 'one nation conservatives' basically making them out to be a seperste strands
Original post by XiuXiu
haha, lots of the people who did Gov Pol seem to also be doing history

How did KTF go for you? I didn't study the questions that came up, but I think it still went pretty well, and I only needed a C/D to do well since my coursework etc was good

this one has no coursework however, so the whole qualification sits on these exams...

regretting not working all year now, ha

To be honest it was the best history exam I've ever done - I got an A* on my coursework but I got 141UMS last year so to keep that B I need a B in this exam, or to get an A I need a high A - either way I will be happy. I had prepped for history like mad though! Can't say the same for politics! I resat Unit 1 pol so hopefully that will help haha
Original post by xxvine
Oh okay because in one of the mark schemes I read it talked about 'one nation conservatives' basically making them out to be a seperste strands

I think you can call traditional conservatism One Nation conservatism, just know that traditional conservatism isn't defined solely by One Nationism
How likely is liberalism to come up?
Help guys? Whats the least i'll need to get for a B or an A. I got a C in AS (b in unit 2 and d in unit 1) but retook unit 1 again.
Could there be a 45 mark question on liberalism and freedom?
Original post by MercyAde
Help guys? Whats the least i'll need to get for a B or an A. I got a C in AS (b in unit 2 and d in unit 1) but retook unit 1 again.

Depends on UMS
Ohh ok thank you. Is there a rough mark/grade as im not sure how to work out this UMS thing
Ohh ok thank you. Is there a rough mark/grade as im not sure how to work out this UMS thing

The whole politics alevel
Is out of 400
You know 280 UMS to get a B and 320 UMS an A
Thanks so much for your help
Reply 770
you never know tbh .. However i think it is very unlikely. Last year there was a 15 marker on liberalism and freedom whilst also the 45 being on liberalism and equality which is closely related. I think a liberalism 45 would be on either Modern Vs Classical liberalism or something relating to democracy.
Original post by Alid11
you never know tbh .. However i think it is very unlikely. Last year there was a 15 marker on liberalism and freedom whilst also the 45 being on liberalism and equality which is closely related. I think a liberalism 45 would be on either Modern Vs Classical liberalism or something relating to democracy.

Yeah will deffo be one of those two
Don't like the democracy part though
How would you plan a question like that
Reply 772
Original post by Annie.humair
Could there be a 45 mark question on liberalism and freedom?

Maybe comparing the classical and modern liberal view of freedom and it's implication on the state
Whats points would u make for this e.g. 3 for and 3 against
Whats points would u make for this e.g. 3 for and 3 against

For what? :colondollar:
The classical and modern liberal view on freedom and its implications for the state; all i can think of is 2 paragraphs for negative freedom and 1 for positive
The classical and modern liberal view on freedom and its implications for the state; all i can think of is 2 paragraphs for negative freedom and 1 for positive

That's a tricky Qu
Wow lol
How would you answer it
Predictions for Unit 3D tomorrow afternoon?
Original post by Thebeast97
Predictions for Unit 3D tomorrow afternoon?

I don't really have a prediction but I going to take a guess and say the UN, US hegemony and polarity will come up.
It might be different across the various units but what structure do you guys adopt for top band ,15 markers ?

Latest

Trending

Trending