The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

TBH i can't wait to do the exam tomorrow so its just done and out the way and gone forever

i'm just so Tired of it at this point
Original post by ubiquitousking
SLT + Sensitisation is for PSB
SLT+ Desensitisation is for ASB
(for me)

Original post by wickedisgood
yeah i have cp and slt for both too dw

okay thanks guys I got stressed for a sec lol
I really need as high as I can get in this, preferably an A* as PSYA3 was rubbish for me
Original post by кяя
Lmao. I think sometimes I can appear ruder than I am I use rude words way too much online

It took me four hours to learn Media. Learn. I had studied addiction but yesterday chose to learn media. Four hours.

It will take you two hours to revise each module. 8PM-10PM. 5AM-7AM. Research Methods an hour of understanding the key terms and tests. Sorted.
anyone got any studies for empathy in prosocial behaviour (media) pls
Original post by Marli-Ruth
169 UMS for AS...
Want an A*
Can someone do the maths for me :smile: :wink:

What do I need to get on each paper 3 & 4 (%/grade)?

it doesnt matter what you got in AS you just have to get at least 320 ums overall AND 90% (180/200) at A2 to get the a*
Guys I am panicing please can you guys help me with this A02 point on issues of reliability and validity on classification and diagnosis of schizophrenia. The A02 point says that it is more common to be diagnosed if your african and this could be due to misiagnosis. That is the A02 point summarised but how do i link that back to A03? i';m really confused..
Original post by TrojanH
It took me four hours to learn Media. Learn. I had studied addiction but yesterday chose to learn media. Four hours.

It will take you two hours to revise each module. 8PM-10PM. 5AM-7AM. Research Methods an hour of understanding the key terms and tests. Sorted.

I've almost finished with Depression, got maybe an hour left of Media, and finished RM, gonna just go over it for half an hour maybe. I did take that massive 5 hour nap so perhaps an all-nighter won't be too bad...

Also damn what made you change to Media? Addiction is muuuch harder right? Even the Loopa guy suggests self-teaching Media if your college isn't doing it. Wouldn't have revising a lot for Addiction been easier than starting a new topic?
Original post by кяя
I've almost finished with Depression, got maybe an hour left of Media, and finished RM, gonna just go over it for half an hour maybe. I did take that massive 5 hour nap so perhaps an all-nighter won't be too bad...

Also damn what made you change to Media? Addiction is muuuch harder right? Even the Loopa guy suggests self-teaching Media if your college isn't doing it. Wouldn't have revising a lot for Addiction been easier than starting a new topic?

9 pages media / 7 pages depression (brain-freeze)

= 7 sides hand written notes / 8 sides hand written notes / 2 sides of notes for RM

learning isnt about the 'time it takes' but just understanding
Original post by TrojanH
What grade did you get /UMS

184 ums in total
Anomalistic psychology is pretty good too, very few people do it though. I'm speshul
how long do you have revise research methods in order to get decent marks like over 20?
is one day enough?
Original post by Romanoff
Anomalistic psychology is pretty good too, very few people do it though. I'm speshul

Ahh I really wanted to do that but our college doesn't :frown:
Original post by Romanoff

The kind of speshul that gets you extra time in the exam
Original post by yung7up
The kind of speshul that gets you extra time in the exam

LOL I wish

Extra time would be the best

I'd take a quick nap
Original post by SunDun111
Guys I am panicing please can you guys help me with this A02 point on issues of reliability and validity on classification and diagnosis of schizophrenia. The A02 point says that it is more common to be diagnosed if your african and this could be due to misiagnosis. That is the A02 point summarised but how do i link that back to A03? i';m really confused..

That point is cultural variations, reducing ecological validity of diagnosis. DSM and ICD are ethnocentric as it only reflects 'white' cultures. That study is by Harrison. What is 'abnormal' in one country may be 'normal' in another. Diagnosis is subjective as it's dependent on objective measures increasing chance of misdiagnosis. Psychologists should investigate DSM reliability in non-Western cultures to improve validity.

Give me a thumbs up if this helps!
Original post by кяя
Ahh I really wanted to do that but our college doesn't :frown:

It's actually really nice and short! Shorter than the other topics I think.
anyone else not fully revising biological therapies for depression?
Original post by yung7up
184 ums in total

that's 90+ ums ea...
Reply 5479
I need your help, when it comes to biological therapies for phobic disorders , i know drug therapy counts but do the individual drugs itself such as BZ and SSRI counted as two explanations?

Latest

Trending

Trending