The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What is meant by 'Standardised Instructions' just having easily replicatable, clear and operationalised instruction set?
Could someone please explain the types of hypothesis to me with examples please?:smile::smile: Thank you!!
Reply 5542
Original post by KatyRu
Anyone else majorly crammed for this exam?

Yeah cramming and stressing right now >_<
Question: I'm retaking this exam. If I don't do as well as I did last time do I still keep my highest mark?
Reply 5544
Original post by TrojanH
What is meant by 'Standardised Instructions' just having easily replicatable, clear and operationalised instruction set?

Yeah basically all that and making sure same for all pps etc :/
Reply 5545
Original post by 14grahamr
Could someone please explain the types of hypothesis to me with examples please?:smile::smile: Thank you!!

Directional: high level of dopamine can lead to schizophrenia
Non-directional: dopamine levels is associated with SZ
In directional you state what you think the link between the two are but in non-directional you just state that there's a link
Reply 5546
Original post by Hihihi123
Question: I'm retaking this exam. If I don't do as well as I did last time do I still keep my highest mark?

Yes- how did you do last year?
Original post by NHM
Yes- how did you do last year?

2 marks/ums from an a
Original post by Romanoff
The exam is 14 hours away

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN DO MATHS ON THIS THREAD

Hahah that reminds me, I have statistics exam the next day -.-
2 marks/ums from an a

Can i just ask.. Why are you resitting if you were just 2 marks from an A?
Reply 5550
2 marks/ums from an a

Lmao why are you resitting then?
Original post by violetvictorious
Can someone help me with peer review? The purpose of it and evaluative points pretty please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Purpose of peer review -
The aim of the peer review process is to act as a kind of quality control. It helps to ensure that any research paper published in a well-respected journal is of high quality and valid, and it can therefore be taken seriously by fellow researchers by lay people. Any research that is incorrect or of poor quality is weeded out. Only the best becomes public. Peer review has been used since the middle of the twentieth century and has now become the focal point to the way science is conducted. it is the way that new knowledge becomes validated

Strengths -
- Peer review is essential as without it readers of published research would not know what is mere opinion and speculation, and what is real fact. It is a means of establishing the validity of scientific research.
- It is difficult for authors and researchers to spot every mistake in a piece of work so showing work to others increases the probability that weaknesses will be identified and addressed.
- It helps to prevent the dissemination of irrelevant findings, unwarranted claims, unacceptable interpretations, personal views and deliberate fraud.

Limitations -
- It isn't always possible to find an appropriate expert to review a research proposal/report. This means that poor research may be passed because the reviewer didn't really understand it.
- Anonymity is usually practised so that reviewers may be honest and objective. However it may have the opposite effect if reviewers use anonymity to settle 'old scores' or bury rival research.
- The reviewer's theoretical view may differ from that in the research report so they may judge it less favourably.
- There may be institution bias (tendency to favour research from prestigious institutions)
- There may be gender bias (tendency to favour male researchers)
- There may be publication bias as peer review tends to favour the publication of positive results (results supporting the hypothesis), possibly because editors want research that has important implications in order to increase the standing of their journal.
how difficult is it to get 45 marks on this paper lol help

there goes my psychology grade :frown:
Reply 5553
Original post by aimsnaywux
Ya crazy if you want classification/diagnosis of schizophrenia to come up as the essay!!! Ya absolutely crazy 💀💀💀

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's the one I want! Or biological therapies or psychological explanations. Otherwise I'm doneeeee
Original post by NHM
Send it me via pm :smile:

SENT! :smile:
Could someone PLEASE mark this essay for me:

www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=157265

I will give a rep to anyone who marks it - im actually begging lol :frown:
Original post by SureyaWP
Can i just ask.. Why are you resitting if you were just 2 marks from an A?

Because I need an A overall
Original post by rosieschofield
155 ums would be needed for an A,
so lets say you need 78 on each paper.
So from last years boundaries that means you need in raw marks:
44/72 in PSYA3
56/83 in PSYA4

Thankyou so much!! :smile:
I've got unit 4 tomorrow morning then chemistry in the afternoon and statistics the following morning. Hoping the world implodes overnight. 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yasx_
An A is 320 overall, so you need 155 in A2 which is 77.5 in each paper but obvs you don't get .5 UMS so 78 UMS each paper I'd say. That's a high B almost A in each paper.

Thankyou!!

Latest

Trending

Trending