The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hezzlington
Does it hurt??

Listen, if you got thick eyebrows, it will always hurt. I used to thread my eyebrows for about a year until I got lazy and I've been going to a lady for a few times and I have to say the lady gets so frustrated. The thread breaks more than 5 times every time smfh.
I get mine threaded every 2 weeks. :tongue:
Now, living in Liverpool I get to see all kinds of eyebrows. A friend has just posted a selfie and it received a comment 'flick on point'.

I googled it and the eyebrow flick is like...a bend in the normal curvature of the eyebrow. How mathematically fascinating.

Why is this a thing? If you don't do it, how do you do your eyebrows? Infact, why 'do' them at all? What is wrong with natural eyebrows?

Spoiler

my eyebrows naturally look like that so I don't need to do them:smile:
My eyebrows are naked. If I wear eyebrow makeup, I look like a clown.
Too scared to do anything to my actual eyebrows but I just fill them in really since i have really thin eyebrow hairs.

You have no idea how much the way your eyebrows look can change your face.
(edited 7 years ago)
Now, living in Liverpool I get to see all kinds of eyebrows. A friend has just posted a selfie and it received a comment 'flick on point'.

I googled it and the eyebrow flick is like...a bend in the normal curvature of the eyebrow. How mathematically fascinating.

Why is this a thing? If you don't do it, how do you do your eyebrows? Infact, why 'do' them at all? What is wrong with natural eyebrows?

Spoiler

Are you sure they don't mean flick as in eyeliner flick? 'Flick referring to eyebrows seems quite strange lol.

I just pluck them (don't see why I should pay £4 twice a month for somethiing I can do for barely anything myself) and fill them in using brow powder and gel. Eyebrows can pull your look together and change your look so much in my opinion. Although, I do admit that some girls take it too far!
I just pluck mines. Might rarely thread them.
Threading and waxing. I hate threading but it gets the right shape.
the flick/arch is part of the normal curvature of the eyebrow... unless you have some really unshapely eyebrows ://
bro, i ain't get time to be thinking about my eyebrows and the arches and stuff. all i care about is that they are 'trimmed.' lol, i have to spend time on other things...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ?Hannah
bro, i ain't get time to be thinking about my eyebrows and the arches and stuff. all i care about is that they are 'trimmed.' lol, i have to spend time on other things...

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is nothing more important than eyebrows.
My eyebrows are naturally thick. If i coloured them in, I'd look like Tracy Beaker. I just leave them tbh. Occasionaly pluck the couple of unruly hairs, but I'm lucky in that they're very low maintenance.
Threaded :love: It killed the 1st time tho :giggle:
I just pluck stray, unruly hairs around them. My eyebrows are the only nice feature on my face, in the sense that they're naturally in shape and uniform.

It's fun plucking those tiny hairs that peek out after a couple of weeks - they're dead thick too!

I thread the area between my eyebrows and above my nose though
Original post by IFoundWonderland
My eyebrows are naturally thick. If i coloured them in, I'd look like Tracy Beaker. I just leave them tbh. Occasionaly pluck the couple of unruly hairs, but I'm lucky in that they're very low maintenance.

woo thick eyebrows are where its at

Original post by alkaline.
the flick/arch is part of the normal curvature of the eyebrow... unless you have some really unshapely eyebrows ://

errr is it?

Original post by Serine Soul
I just pluck stray, unruly hairs around them. My eyebrows are the only nice feature on my face, in the sense that they're naturally in shape and uniform.

It's fun plucking those tiny hairs that peek out after a couple of weeks - they're dead thick too!

I thread the area between my eyebrows and above my nose though

but why? Monobrows are universally sexy

in all seriousness, what does threading achieve as opposed to plucking.
(edited 7 years ago)
There is nothing more important than eyebrows.

yes there is.
okay, yeah my eyebrows are arched and nice. but who cares at the end of the day?

but why? Monobrows are universally sexy

in all seriousness, what does threading achieve as opposed to plucking.

Nah it's not

Threading is essentially mass plucking
My tweezers are my best friends. :mmm:

Latest