The Student Room Group

OCR Business Studies F297 2016 - VGL Case Study

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
How can the grade boundaries be so low for an A?!
Original post by GFEFC1
How can the grade boundaries be so low for an A?!

Because people like us take the exam! Haha :biggrin:
Any last minute tips for the exam? Topics I should definitely know for the exam? thank you:smile:
Reply 223
Original post by lucy112233
Any last minute tips for the exam? Topics I should definitely know for the exam? thank you:smile:

Topics wise- probably TSA/ratios, and the textile industry! Obviously they could throw us, but my teacher is pretty sure they will come up in some form. Good luck :smile:
Original post by ELR27
Topics wise- probably TSA/ratios, and the textile industry! Obviously they could throw us, but my teacher is pretty sure they will come up in some form. Good luck :smile:

Thank you:smile: good luck to you!!
Is anyone else absolutely terrified?! 😩
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BlackDove
Is anyone else ansolutely terrified?! 😩

I'm so nervous for the first questions which is the maths type one! 😭
Im nervous for every single question ahahhaahahh
Original post by alevel0620
Im nervous for every single question ahahhaahahh

Me too :frown:
Im nervous as well, but mainly as I dont know the formulas and TSA.. but aslong as you know the case study you should do fine.... I hope :P

Anyone help me with macroeconomic stuff? GDP/Infaltion/Unemployement? etc..

still got like... 3 hours or so to cram!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 230
Me too :frown:

same,:frown: just nervous about the whole exam to be honest! Good luck though everyone :goodluck: xx
What was the numerical question for last year. Like CPA, Ratios, Time series etc.
Original post by CGandham
What was the numerical question for last year. Like CPA, Ratios, Time series etc.

Not sure, but this year it will be ratios or tsa.. All of the case study information points at it.
Original post by CGandham

last year was ratios
Can someone help with the exact gearing ratio?
And what ratios do we need to know - will solvency or shareholder come up as I have only learnt 2 liquidity (current ratio = current assets/current liabilities, acid test ratio = (current assets - stock)/current liabilities) and 4 activity (asset turnover = revenue/fixed assets, stock turnover = cost of sales/stock, debtor days = (debtors X 365)/revenue, creditor days = (creditors X 365)/cost of sales.)
Do I need to know any others e.g. ROCE, interest cover, gearing ???
Can someone help with the exact gearing ratio?
And what ratios do we need to know - will solvency or shareholder come up as I have only learnt 2 liquidity (current ratio = current assets/current liabilities, acid test ratio = (current assets - stock)/current liabilities) and 4 activity (asset turnover = revenue/fixed assets, stock turnover = cost of sales/stock, debtor days = (debtors X 365)/revenue, creditor days = (creditors X 365)/cost of sales.)
Do I need to know any others e.g. ROCE, interest cover, gearing ???

I will learn them all just in case!
ROCE are operating profit over capital employed x100 (i think)
Interest cover are Profit before tax and interest /interest
xx
Ok.. Is gearing creditors after 1 year/(creditors after 1 year + net assets employed) ?
Im still confuses about the textile maths :frown: the powerpoint my teacher gave me said the BEP are 2115 pound per week and the guy who posted his BEP to me said is 3990000 profit per week. Im confused... someone help...
guys what exactly is time series? please someone expplain it
ROCE = (PBIT/cap employed) X 100 so for 2014 (1.5+1.3)/(63+48) X 100 = 2.8/111 X 100 = 2.52% which the APT guide agrees with.
Interest cover = PBIT/ interest

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending