The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

That was not a terrorist attack, the Spanish Inquisition was the result of centuries of oppression by Muslims on Christians.

For someone who claims not to be a Muslim you spend a heck of a long time doing anything you can to support / justify Islam / Islamists in anyway shape or form possible.
Original post by The_Opinion
That was not a terrorist attack, the Spanish Inquisition was the result of centuries of oppression by Muslims on Christians.

For someone who claims not to be a Muslim you spend a heck of a long time doing anything you can to support / justify Islam / Islamists in anyway shape or form possible.

Lol. For a moment there I thought you were actually a reasonable person, but nope, just another zombie.
Look, I believe in freedom of belief and I don't think others should be discriminated against for believing in certain things. I know how hard it is to denounce religion and I know from personal experience how, despite not believing in God or Muhammed, one can be stuck in this religion like an elephant in wet sand. Hence why I try to refute any arguments that try to justify discrimination against Muslims. I have never tried to justify Islam as a religion nor a single one of its commandments, what I do is try to justify the freedom of Muslims to exist without being discriminated against.

And how the hell is pointing out a clear stupid error in someone's comment equal to defending Islam? If that was the case, someone like Christopher Hitchens must have been one hell of a Muslim sympathiser then. And please spare me the ********, the Spanish inquisition destroyed the Mayan civilisation, one of the greatest civilisations in the world, watch that video on YouTube of Richard Feynman the great physicist talking about their mathematics. .
Original post by oShahpo
Lol. For a moment there I thought you were actually a reasonable person, but nope, just another zombie.
Look, I believe in freedom of belief and I don't think others should be discriminated against for believing in certain things. I know how hard it is to denounce religion and I know from personal experience how, despite not believing in God or Muhammed, one can be stuck in this religion like an elephant in wet sand. Hence why I try to refute any arguments that try to justify discrimination against Muslims. I have never tried to justify Islam as a religion nor a single one of its commandments, what I do is try to justify the freedom of Muslims to exist without being discriminated against.

And how the hell is pointing out a clear stupid error in someone's comment equal to defending Islam? If that was the case, someone like Christopher Hitchens must have been one hell of a Muslim sympathiser then. And please spare me the ********, the Spanish inquisition destroyed the Mayan civilisation, one of the greatest civilisations in the world, watch that video on YouTube of Richard Feynman the great physicist talking about their mathematics. .

The Spanish Inquisition only killed about 3000, the vast majority of which were in Spain.

Hitchens spent lots of time criticising Islam for various reasons, so I have no ide what you are babbling on about.

You really do not understand history if you think that the SI had anything to do with the collapse of the Mayan Civilisation.
Original post by oShahpo

Muslims have more freedom than any other religion , its perfectly acceptable to attack Christians but one comment against muslims and the liberals will be on you like white on rice
(edited 7 years ago)
The Spanish Inquisition only killed about 3000, the vast majority of which were in Spain.

Hitchens spent lots of time criticising Islam for various reasons, so I have no ide what you are babbling on about.

You really do not understand history if you think that the SI had anything to do with the collapse of the Mayan Civilisation.

Diego de Landa? No?
http://religionvirus.blogspot.se/2008/12/one-catholic-priest-destroyed-entire.html

Hitchens criticised Christianity too, however, once I did that, you blamed me for defending Islamism.
Original post by salty670
Muslims have more freedom than any other religion , its perfectly acceptable to attack Christians but one moment against muslims and the liberals will be on you like white on rice

First of all a true liberal believes in freedom of speech so you can criticise whatever you want without worrying about actual liberals. Secondly, there's a difference between attacking the religions, and attacking the religious. Attacking religions is an important part of getting rid of them, attacking the religious will, however, hinder the process.
Original post by oShahpo
Diego de Landa? No?
http://religionvirus.blogspot.se/2008/12/one-catholic-priest-destroyed-entire.html

Hitchens criticised Christianity too, however, once I did that, you blamed me for defending Islamism.

You reference a blog called "The Religion Virus", that sounds like a reputable source.....

You didn't do that, you talked about the SI, wrongly claiming that it was a terrorist attack, and tbh I have no idea how what occurred in Spain hundreds of years ago has to do with Islamic terrorism in 2016.
You reference a blog called "The Religion Virus", that sounds like a reputable source.....

You didn't do that, you talked about the SI, wrongly claiming that it was a terrorist attack, and tbh I have no idea how what occurred in Spain hundreds of years ago has to do with Islamic terrorism in 2016.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of the thread, I was just disputing the silly point some other user made.
Original post by oShahpo
It has absolutely nothing to do with the topic of the thread, I was just disputing the silly point some other user made.

But you don't seem to understand history, you refer to historic events, and basically every time you get the facts of history wrong and muddle up events and time periods.
Original post by oShahpo

yes it does it comes from a blatantly biased source
But you don't seem to understand history, you refer to historic events, and basically every time you get the facts of history wrong and muddle up events and time periods.

Well I do not seem to be able to find better evidence, although I am fairly certain someone like Feynman wouldn't make up that the Inquisition destroyed hundreds of the Mayan books and destroying some of their worship places and their idols.
Original post by salty670
yes it does it comes from a blatantly biased source

By it I was referring to the Spanish Inquisition, it has nothing to do with Islamic extremism of the modern day, I was just proving a point.
Reply 272
Original post by Newsout
No the extremist minority isn't tiny.

Why is it that mostly muslims result to terrorism when they feel marginalised? Why aren't as many cases of radical Christianity, or radical judaism or hinduism? why can't muslims just suppress their anger when the world is against them, why cause terror?

maybe these radical christians, jews or hindus arent potrayed in the media because then, terrorism would be associated with people other than Muslims, which wont help the political agenda against Islam?
Original post by Themini
Care to elaborate? I don't understand how you as a descendant of an illegal immigrant who went over to the USA and Canda to commit genocide, rape and slavery can then turn around and say Mexicans, Muslims and other immigrants cant come in. 10/10 for hypocrisy.

It wouldn't be hypocritical for a genocidal slaver to kick out dumb, hostile people on grounds that it's in his own interest to do so. All his actions are driven by self-interest.
Original post by KAK123
maybe these radical christians, jews or hindus arent potrayed in the media because then, terrorism would be associated with people other than Muslims, which wont help the political agenda against Islam?

you really are deluded . The media loves Islam , was it a christian who flew a plane into the twin towers , was it a christian who massacred 50 innocent men in a bar , was it a christian that attacked and killed innocent people in Paris and Charlie Hebdo. I can go on.
Reply 275

actually the inquistion was oppression by catholic monarchs on Muslims, Jews and even Unitarian christians
Original post by KAK123

There's no political agenda against Islam.

If that was the case how come there's more coverage of terrorism on middle eastern news outlet since only the western media are trying to demonise muslims and Islam?
Original post by oShahpo
Well I do not seem to be able to find better evidence, although I am fairly certain someone like Feynman wouldn't make up that the Inquisition destroyed hundreds of the Mayan books and destroying some of their worship places and their idols.

Even if you had a reliable source, even if it happened 100% like you claim etc etc, what has it got to do with Islamic terrorism?
Original post by KAK123
actually the inquistion was oppression by catholic monarchs on Muslims, Jews and even Unitarian christians

Nope! It was in response to hundreds of years of oppression by the Moors (Muslims) against Catholics, which is why when the Catholics were finally free, they wanted to make sure that their society was only Catholic.

I suggest you read some history books.
Even if you had a reliable source, even if it happened 100% like you claim etc etc, what has it got to do with Islamic terrorism?

Absolutely nothing as I said, I was just refuting the self-righteous point some commenter made, trying to say that Christianity is a lovely religion that was always peaceful.

Latest

Trending

Trending