The Student Room Group

BREAKING: Hostage situation in Paris after man kills policeman

The attacker took the hostages from he policeman’s home in Magnanville, northwest of the French capital, police sources said.

The officer was reportedly stabbed outside his property after returning home at around 9pm.

The man was allegedly shouting "Islamic slogans", according to unconfirmed reports.

The police officer who was killed was identified by local media as 40-year-old commander Jean-Baptiste Salvaing.

More:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/679557/Paris-hostage-situation-officer-killed-stabbing-wife-son

Scroll to see replies

Inb4 this thread is full of racists
Original post by 34908seikj

And who are these 'racists' being 'racist' towards?

Islam?

:lol:
Original post by The Roast
And who are these 'racists' being 'racist' towards?

Islam?

:lol:

Presumably, hopefully they're all in bed now.

You cannot be racist against Muslims. Islam (muslims) is not a race, it's a stupid ideology.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6

It's fine I'll do the honours
'Religion of peace'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't use the word "racist" if you don't know what it means... Goodnight.
The world sucks.

Ohnononononononononononononono you are mistaken by friend. For when the clock strikes 12 the people let out their inner beasts (sorry had to make that more dramatic).
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
In b4 Rachel Crabtree makes a post about how all Muslims are wonderful people and gets repped over 100 times for it.

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
In b4 Rachel Crabtree makes a post about how all Muslims are wonderful people and gets repped over 100 times for it.

I think in 2016 it's time we value ACTUAL correctness over Political Correctness, Tired of seeing this day in day out.

X shooting happens. Y terrorist is muslim.

Muslims then all decree 'BUT Y ISN'T A REAL MUSLIM!!' yes he is.
Reply 13

I do not see what seems to be the problem
So fed up with all of this. It breaks my heart :frown:
Original post by Changing Skies
So fed up with all of this. It breaks my heart :frown:

The very sad truth is that this, right now, is as good as it will ever be for us. The frequency and scale of these attacks is set to increase exponentially as the Muslim demographic in Europe grows.

We will look back on these days and only then retrospectively realize how good and peaceful it was compared to 10 or 20 years from now. Can you imagine how many more atrocities we will have seen in that time frame, now that I find depressing.

[video="youtube;RovF1zsDoeM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RovF1zsDoeM[/video]
Original post by toronto353
[video="youtube;RovF1zsDoeM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RovF1zsDoeM[/video]

Reply 18
Original post by TorpidPhil
Nobody can say this is surprising anymore. It's very tiring to hear about and I have zero sympathy with Muslims anymore that are even 'moderate' (Moderate = takes any notice of scripture and thus has beliefs that are irrational outside of a scripture based moral system such as not condoning homosexual relationships, or dating, pre-martial sex blah blah blah). Their beliefs are just wrong and they deserve to suffer for it . Political correctness needs to go.

Following the French footsteps and making a first step towards weakening Islam would be making it illegal to wear niqab in public.

Leaving the EU so we don't have to deal with European courts will be nice too.

No more religious schools too. Lots to learn from France. It's quite clear why they had to bring these laws in and why their people are sick of Muslims. It won't be long till we end up in such a state either.

It's clear you don't see Muslims as humans; "they deserve to suffer for it".
Are you seriously implying that because of one nutjob who stabs a police officer means that all Muslims deserve to "suffer". What do you mean by suffer? Do you want to bomb them? Blow their children to smithereens? Or shall take the 9/11 approach and invade Iraq again? They didn't work before but I'm pretty sure we can try again. I, and other Muslims don't need sympathy from the likes of a bitter, vile man such as yourself so I'm sure you're not doing anyone any favours.

So, your first step to eradicate extremism is to get rid of the niqab. Hmm. Okay. Some of us have a problem with this:

1. Who are you (or anyone else for that matter) to decide what a women chooses to wear be it a dress, bikini or a niqab? (Answer this before you bang on about how women dressed in niqabs are oppressed).

2. Now this is where it get's complicated and hypocritical on your part. Here in the UK. We have the freedom to express ourselves and freedom of religion. By advocating for taking away the niqab, you are essentially taking away the right for people to express themselves and the freedom of religion (since some women feel comfortable in a niqab and you wish to get rid of Islam). You're fine with other people having freedom but are willing to take away the freedoms of other people in society because you don't like them.

3. How the hell are you going to manage to get rid of Islam by banning niqabs? It isn't compulsory and some women choose to wear it (go back to point 1 if you are confused). I mean, wouldn't it be logical (and irrational) for you to target mosques first? C'mon lad. You can't expect me to plan out your master plan to eradicate Islam for you.

About the point about European Courts; so your plan is working well so far. The niqab has been banned, this is a victory for you, one step closer to defeating Islam. Oh wait. The European courts are calling and they say that banning the niqab is incompatible with the ECHR. It's okay though because we left the EU. No it isn't because the ECHR is seperate from the EU and it wouldn't be the European Courts interfering, it's going to UK courts that interfere with the use of the HRA.

I would also like to add that the article says;

"We know neither the identity nor the real motives of this individual."

So the fact that you seemed to believe these "unconfirmed" reports about Islamic slogans being preoffered (I'm guessing they heard Allahuakbar since that seems to be the first thing people hear) and that you make a point that Muslims deserve to suffer because of it says a lot about your character.

It's funny because the Guardian hasn't reported anything about the motives of the attacker and yet this site claims to know a lot more information than any other mainstream media sites.
Original post by Lujubi
snip.

We have the freedom of religion, but not when that religion infringes on the rights of others, Islam has well and truly crossed that line.

Do Muslims deserve to suffer as this guy says, yes, and they already do every day. Muslims are the main victims of Islamic intolerance. The rest of us shouldn't be made to suffer alongside them, for beliefs and teachings they have. I agree with the sentiment that something drastic needs to be done about this Muslim problem, and it is a Muslim problem.

The obvious answer would be to remove Muslims and ban the teaching of Islam as a religion, close down every mosque and make it illegal to practice Muslim celebrations or holidays. You know, exactly how Muslim majority countries treat every other group. If Muslims want to continue practicing they can choose any number of Muslim controlled states that promote their intolerant beliefs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending