The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone heard from 4 Stone Buildings?
Original post by PupillageFun
A few questions:

Any news from Park Square Barristers? Their deadline was last Friday but I've not seen any posts regarding interviews there.

Any info greatly appreciated, thanks!

Nothing from Park Square Barristers yet but I wasn't expecting anything for a little while yet from previous experience with other applications

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Has anyone heard from 4 Stone Buildings?

Not yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody out there have any experience of first round interviews with St Johns Buildings? First interview with my top choice set so I'm desperate for any info anyone is willing to share!
Original post by pupilpleaser
Now on first interview...(5EC)

I have the same for 5 Essex Court. Since it was the only Gateway set I applied to, I can't contrast it with any others, and Pupillage Gateway applicant user guide does not help me resolve this ambiguity:

Checking the status of your applications
As chambers begin shortlisting applications the status of your applications will update in your account to reflect the stages they have currently reached. You can see the latest status by clicking on Your Account then scrolling to the Current Applications list. (Page 11)

Does "first interview" mean the stage 5 Essex Court has reached, or the status of my application specifically?
Original post by Vivalasvegas2015
5 Essex anyone?

Original post by Pupillage2017
Status change for me to "Under Consideration". No email or further information yet though.....

Original post by Thisisdire
No change here yet. Do we know what the under consideration one means ?

Original post by pupilpleaser
Now on first interview...(5EC)

Further to my post a moment ago re 5 Essex Court, I have discovered this user guide for chambers which gives hints about the statuses—they are individualised to each of us. See page 20 §5.5: http://www.pupillagegateway.com/wp-content/uploads/PG_Admin_User_Guide.pdf
Original post by Zandstitution
I have the same for 5 Essex Court. Since it was the only Gateway set I applied to, I can't contrast it with any others, and Pupillage Gateway applicant user guide does not help me resolve this ambiguity:

Does "first interview" mean the stage 5 Essex Court has reached, or the status of my application specifically?

Hi there. Yes your application - "first interview" means you are being offered a first interview with them. Status changes such as "shortlisted" and "under consideration" are used in different ways by different chambers to group applications together and as an internal tool to show which forms have, and are, being looked at. Shortlisted often changes to first interview but not always. Bottom line, the only thing you can really be sure about is an interview, offer or unsuccessful status change.
Any news from Serjeants' post first round? I know they said they would be slightly delayed in giving us the outcomes but it should be this week I would have thought....
Reply 1868
Original post by LegalLab
Nothing from Park Square Barristers yet but I wasn't expecting anything for a little while yet from previous experience with other applications

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you referring to Park Square in Leeds here? If so first interview are out for them
Original post by M.R.V
Are you referring to Park Square in Leeds here? If so first interview are out for them

Yeah just realised they were sent out before the 10th. Getting a little bit fed up with these silent rejections.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard from 4KBW (T Raggatt QC)?? Or 5 Pump Court??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LegalLab
.... Getting a little bit fed up with these silent rejections.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here, although I'm only a victim of one so far.

I'm seriously thinking of writing to the head of chambers and the head of the pupillage committee if I can identify it and politely put to them the cost benefit ratio of expending just a tiny amount of effort in letting the unsuccessful people know in a timely manner. I have no qualms about identifying myself and don't think it would preclude me from applying to their chambers in the future. After all, if a reasonable suggestion were to put a black mark against me for having the audacity to speak up, then I wouldn't want to be a part of that chambers anyway.
I know I left this late, but does anybody know how to extend the boxes (eg work experience) on the St Ives form?
Original post by Bob boblaw
I know I left this late, but does anybody know how to extend the boxes (eg work experience) on the St Ives form?

I edited through Adobe Acrobat and inserted a new page after part c then copy and pasted the box down to add more info. Hope that makes some sort of sense!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Not Amused
Same here, although I'm only a victim of one so far.

I have had a fair few now and completely agree with you in the sense that it certainly clouds your view of the chambers. Granted there are hundreds of applications to sift through but there are lots of chambers who manage to send out polite rejections with what appears to be relative ease.

While I'm venting has any clarity been gained on the 15NBS front? The only thing worse than a silent rejection is a chambers which pulls the pupillage after the deadline and iv heard rumours that this might be the case...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Boris88
Has anyone heard from 4KBW (T Raggatt QC)?? Or 5 Pump Court??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news - interview offer came out from 4 KBW (T Raggatt QC) yesterday. May be in batches though so fingers crossed!
Who wants to volunteer to see when we will hear from the Welsh sets? #notme 🙊
St Philips Rejections out
anyone had an update re Thomas More?
Original post by PupilLAD
Who wants to volunteer to see when we will hear from the Welsh sets? #notme 🙊

Are you Welsh?
Do you have a Welsh name?
Do you speak Welsh?

If not, then expect rejection.

If you have answered yes to the above, then they are currently working through their alphabet with replies, so if your names begins with a vowel - you might not hear at all

In seriousness - good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending