The Student Room Group

Aqa triple science *official thread* *2016* (gcse)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by homeland.lsw
We had like a five minute break :cry:

we didn't get a proper break.. had to sit there and they came around with the next paper almost straight away :frown:
Original post by PenguinNinja
we didn't get a proper break.. had to sit there and they came around with the next paper almost straight away :frown:

Yep, they collected the papers, and then handed the next ones out. Good times! Oddly my hands weren't cramping or anything :yep:
Yep, they collected the papers, and then handed the next ones out. Good times! Oddly my hands weren't cramping or anything :yep:

Yeah, im so glad the exams are nearly over :biggrin:
Original post by ItsmeLaura

Agreed.
Reply 364
Original post by user2k16
I quite like the 3s,the 2s are okay but I really hate P2 omg I don't understand any of the stuff

Me neither and I'm pretty good at the sciences generally but p2 revision is going horribly tbh

yes! :woo: Just this week and next week!
yes! :woo: Just this week and next week!

yess i cant wait for the summer
yess i cant wait for the summer

of course! but I have WE :frown:
of course! but I have WE :frown:

Awwww why?!?! Thats horrible why would your school make you do that ?
Awwww why?!?! Thats horrible why would your school make you do that ?

:dontknow: They're crazy lmao, we have a textbook return day, work experience debrief and induction day...meh.
Going on holiday?
:dontknow: They're crazy lmao, we have a textbook return day, work experience debrief and induction day...meh.
Going on holiday?

Yeah, im going to Italy, im looking forward to it so much :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by Fractite
Empirical formula or the "calculating masses from reactions" one.

Also, I think that titration concentration will be on C3, as well as bond enthalpy change.

I also think that the C3 6-marker will be something like 'Describe how a student will test for the ions present in this substance, including results.' - you know, the whole cation and anion testing thing.

I would love to get that question or how to carry out titrations.
How to carry out titrations is memorable, my only problem is titration calculations. Does anyone know how to do them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dexterminate
How to carry out titrations is memorable, my only problem is titration calculations. Does anyone know how to do them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

To work out concentrations:
1. Write the balanced equation (they may give it to you, but this is C3, so you may have to do that yourself.

2. Work out the 'moles' of one of the solutions by using (Volume x concentration) / 1000.

3. Using the balanced equation, work out the molar ratio (usually this in 1 mole:1 mole, like in this example: chemistry crap.GIF

4. Multiply the moles you have in Step 2) by the second number on the ratio (if the ratio is 1:2, then you multiply the mole value by 2, etc).

5. Work out concentration of the second solution by using (moles x 1000) / volume.

You're given several of the values, so you should just be able to go from there. If that makes sense.
Original post by etata
Me neither and I'm pretty good at the sciences generally but p2 revision is going horribly tbh

ikr p2 is retarded
does any have any tips to remember the anions and cations tests for Chemistry 3 ?
I've got 4 exams tomorrow:frown: 2RS and 2 Chemistry and we don't even get a break between C2 and C3 or the RS exams
any 6 marker predictions for C3?
Original post by user2k16
any 6 marker predictions for C3?

Hopefully it'll be on how to carry out a titration 🙋🙋

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by blueribbons99
Hopefully it'll be on how to carry out a titration 🙋🙋

Posted from TSR Mobile

they've already done that before, doubt it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending