The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KAK123
well, the middle eastern countries are effectively owned by the West, because it was the West who put those leaders in their positions - and there coverage is of isis - which are terrorists - but arent muslims

my point was that all these attacks are linked back to isis straight away

the orlando attacks - the media wasnt treating it as homophobic but trying to find links with other attacks - they werent seeing it for what it was

Ah here we go.

Only a matter of time before you blame Israel and Mossad
Original post by The_Opinion
You win! You said the word "Islamophobe" Congratulations!Unfortunately you miss out on the bonus prize, as you didn't say the word "racist", sorry about that.

you must be a really happy person behind the screen
Reply 302
Original post by The_Opinion
You win! You said the word "Islamophobe" Congratulations!Unfortunately you miss out on the bonus prize, as you didn't say the word "racist", sorry about that.

I don't think he is racist. That's just silly.

I managed to spot the Islamophobe though. :smile:
Original post by Lujubi
I don't think he is racist. That's just silly.

I managed to spot the Islamophobe though. :smile:

And i managed to spot the absolute ignorant moron and it's you Lujubi
That post took a lot of energy
Original post by drogon
It's ironic that you of all people are mocking a rhetoric.

How high and mighty of you.
Original post by Newsout
No the extremist minority isn't tiny.

Why is it that mostly muslims result to terrorism when they feel marginalised? Why aren't as many cases of radical Christianity, or radical judaism or hinduism? why can't muslims just suppress their anger when the world is against them, why cause terror?

Here you are assuming that there are no other religious extremist groups- but seem to forget that the majority if not all of your information about 'radical Islam' comes from the media which funnily enough is very prejudiced and bias in its views. Many times I have seen that even before the cause or person behind a problem is identified the reporters claim that they think it may be the doing of an extremist Islamic group. As for reports of other radical religion extremists...ever heard of the KKK?
Original post by OHH_MY_DAYZ:b
Here you are assuming that there are no other religious extremist groups- but seem to forget that the majority if not all of your information about 'radical Islam' comes from the media which funnily enough is very prejudiced and bias in its views. Many times I have seen that even before the cause or person behind a problem is identified the reporters claim that they think it may be the doing of an extremist Islamic group. As for reports of other radical religion extremists...ever heard of the KKK?

Please just shut up and go away, I'm just tired of this
Surprised how 35 people think you can prevent people from entering a country based on religion , which there is no definitive way to prove. Lmao pea brained people.
Original post by trumpisbae

so true Im a canadian living in the usa and I can tell you that immigrants are everywhere.

Countries should lock the door and throw away the key

You're a f*cking immigrant in the US! Get the f*ck out of America!
XD I'm literally sitting here like...
So how exactly are the Muslims going to get banned. No one seems to want to talk about that???
Original post by Lord Gaben
You can't ban people on the basis of their religion. It's unconstitutional.

Republican hypocrisy at it's finest. They're the first to defend the right to bear arms but seem to forget this for some reason. Despicable.
They're all lining their own pockets really. And Clinton is just as bad. Apparently she wore a $12,000 coat during a speech on income inequality :facepalm:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 312
Original post by Newsout
You really need to get this through your extra thick skull, you absolute fool.

Not everyone who posts an article or writes a piece criticising Islam means they are anti-muslim. The article was not anti-islamic because 1 in 5 Syrians have a favourable view of ISIS, it's factual. Talking about facts of the Qur'an and Facts of Muhammed, don't make me a racist, don;t make me a bigot and it certainly doesn't make me an Islamophobe, and no amount of deluded pejoratives that come out of your stupid mouth can change that.

Yes, YOU as a muslim, an Ignorant muslim from what I have seen know next to nothing about Islam, you're just another moron who calls anyone that criticises your backward barbaric cult an islamophobe, which shows that your intellectual capacity is less than that of a doorknob.

The article I posted just proved it, you were the daft ignorant one who doesn't research anything.

The 1960's has NOTHING to do with what I posted, you're really a moron.

The article wasn't satire, it contains actual quotes from the members and their names and links to an article that also talks about gays and jews also joining the KKK, are they also satirical, or biased against muslims somehow you moron

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2014/1112/The-new-face-of-the-KKK-Black-Jewish-and-gay-video

I really do not even want one, you and another user called mero22 are the 2 DUMBEST people on TSR bar none, and that is REALLY saying something.

I just spent some time reading through this thread, curious to see what people's views on this subject are. After reading comments from this delightful user, I began to lose faith in humanity.

You are correct in saying that questioning and talking about 'facts' from the Qur'an doesn't make you Islamaphobic. Maybe you are not Islamaphobic. However, you are apparently a very intolerant and offensive person. The fact that you resort to insults to get your point across shows just how ignorant you are as well. People who have valid points and arguments to make can rely on logic and reason, they don't need to lower themselves to cheap insults towards individuals. Also, your sources are not reliable, and the fact that you refer to them as 'factual' is a little embarrassing. Virtually no articles like this in the media are without bias, and if you are not aware of that, perhaps you should take the time to consider it before shoving this 'evidence' into your posts and saying 'look, the media says so!'

On another note, for anyone interested, I personally do not agree with organised religion of any kind, and believe it is massively responsible for ignorance around the world. However, I don't believe it is acceptable to discriminate against people based on their religion. The US should not ban 'all Muslims', but should find other ways to keep their people safe. This article (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/06/12/islamic-terrorism-accounts-for-few-recent-mass-shootings-but-also-some-of-the-deadliest/) shows the small proportion of mass shootings in 2015 alone that were committed by radical Muslims. However, it also shows that the deadliest of those were down to radical Islam. The question in my mind, then, is why do they have access to automatic weapons? Why should anyone? Just look at the number of shootings that occurred in one year.

Also, this research http://www.globalresearch.ca/non-muslims-carried-out-more-than-90-of-all-terrorist-attacks-in-america/5333619 shows that between 1970 and 2012, only 2.5% of terrorist attacks on American soil were carried out by Muslims. Yet, the word 'terrorism' seems only to be thrown around when Muslims are involved somehow. Media attention is selective and dramatised. One individual committing a horrific act becomes a terrorist attack from an entire religious community.

Increase security, protect your people better. You can't accuse an entire community of being terrorists and you certainly can't hope to improve things through further discrimination, but you can work harder to protect innocent people from violence by making it much more difficult for people to commit it.
Original post by salmasalmass
XD I'm literally sitting here like...
So how exactly are the Muslims going to get banned. No one seems to want to talk about that???

presumably by the simplicity of 'muslim sounding /arab names'. Donald is not one for complex ideas

And hes also building some sort of wall for the mexicans
Reply 314
Original post by Nerol
The fact that you resort to insults to get your point across shows just how ignorant you are as well. People who have valid points and arguments to make can rely on logic and reason, they don't need to lower themselves to cheap insults towards individuals.

Insults come from both sides.
Reply 315
Original post by Chakede

And hes also building some sort of wall for the mexicans

He hasn't started to build the wall yet. Anyway, as he wants Mexico to pay for it, he might have to wait quite a long time before starting its construction.
There's two questions here really.
Should Muslims be banned from America,to which there can only be one answer and that's no of course. I havnt read the posts above but surely 90 % would be no ?

But the other question is about Donald Trump,not Muslims. And the answer to that question is yes,he should.

It's one of the reasons some people will have voted for him and he said he would. If he gets elected and he doesn't then he will lose credibility .

Spoiler

Reply 317
Original post by Newsout
Well newsflash you Emo B*tch, I don't give a F*ck about your faith in humanity at all, the world is literally on fire and all you can think off is your pitiful feelings, Piss off.

If you actually read our entire Dialogue you would realise that she was the first person to spout Vitriol, I only responded as I rightly should, I made up all my points logically while she didn't and used sheer stupid petty ad hominem to put out hers.

Are you thick?

Like seriously are you thick? Are you saying that an article pointing out that 1 in 5 Syrians support ISIS, you're claiming that they are biased? Or an article showing of people of colour joining the KKK is also Biased against muslims?

It's like you progressive fools don't even read the sh*t you spout, just go on and dribble your little buzzwords like "racist media" "biased media" "islamophobe" etc and people are tired of your crap.

I never ever said we should ban all muslims.

Yet another one of your many flawed ad hominem arguments.

Are you just going to ignore all the other forms of Islamic terrorism happening all over the world? In comparison with other religions, the US isn't the only question infested with the cancer of Radical islam, or the fact that 61% of Egyptians approve of attacks on Americans 32% of Indonesians approve of attacks on Americans 41% of Pakistanis approve of attacks on Americans 38% of Moroccans approve of attacks on Americans 83% of Palestinians approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (only 14% oppose) 62% of Jordanians approve of some or most groups that attack Americans (21% oppose)

http://carm.org/islamic-muslim-statistics-on-violence-rape-terror-sharia-isis-welfare

Get your head out the clouds and wake up.

The word terrorism is thrown around when a muslim commits a terror attack because they do it all over the world and not just in the US, it's like you're blind to the obvious, in only the past 6 months, they've attacked Syria, Lebanon, France, America, Jordan, Iraq, Nigeria and many many many other countries, using the amount of terrorist attacks in the US which has a very little muslim population, and ignoring what happens in countries with larger muslim populations is simply plain stupid and I expect that from the moronic leftists.

And that whole one terrorist doesn't represent Islam argument is old and outdated, we aren't blaming all muslims here, we are blaming the violent cult they adhere to which teaches them to hate, murder and cause terror.

I never accused an entire community of being terrorists that is a stupid straw man argument, come back when you have actual points rather than the regular BS you liberals spout.

The last part of my post wasn't directed at you, which was why I opened a new paragraph with 'On another note...'. So I'm not accusing you of anything there, just stating my views. Also, I made those specific points because this thread is about whether or not Trump should ban all Muslims from entering America. I gave my opinion and evidence relevant to the topic.

Also, yes, those articles are biased. Writers have opinions and angles, therefore their articles are usually subjective. Even information that appears to be factual has been selected carefully and manipulated in a way that supports the writer's (or often the newspaper's) view. Without knowing the full extent of the research from with the data came, we can't know how reliable or objective it really is. And I wasn't suggesting the articles are biased against Muslims, just that they are biased.

Your insults just serve to make you appear uneducated and intolerant. The world just doesn't need more of that. I appreciate you are against Islam, as is your right, but be civil enough to try to understand other arguments, or at least pretend to, and don't insult everybody who disagrees with you.
wow, 26% of TSR users actually support Trump's Muslim ban

I knew there was something wrong with this site
Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
wow, 26% of TSR users actually support Trump's Muslim ban

I knew there was something wrong with this site

Incredible isn't it?

I mean where do these people think these muslims will wind up!?

Latest

Trending

Trending