The Student Room Group

I feel like I'm not good enough...

Im 23 and I've had 1 boyfriend in my recent past... but he wasn't so nice

I guess I have liked 2 of my close guy friends, stupidly. I never admitted this to either of them but one of them definitely knew and never said anything (A) and the other I slept with regularly until he ended it to be with a girl he had previously been interested in (B). Neither of them wanted me even though they like my personality otherwise we wouldn't have been friends so clearly I was too ugly or just unattractive personality. I just never feel good enough. One of them has a lovely girlfriend now (A) and the other has a mean girlfriend but she is a lot prettier than me (B)

B is still my v good friend, A I barely see.. A and i actually kissed once when drunk several years ago and i think that changed our friendship.

I actually am happy with the way I look and my personality, not in an arrogant way but it just knocks my confidence so much when i think about this. these 2 guys have liked me enough to consider me among their best friends then they must just think im ugly.
why the self guilt if these two guys didnt feel the same way? And why live in the past when you know its better to be moving on?
Original post by Anonymous
Neither of them wanted me even though they like my personality otherwise we wouldn't have been friends so clearly I was too ugly or just unattractive personality.

I think you're jumping to conclusions a bit here. Who knows what their reasoning is really....
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Im 23 and I've had 1 boyfriend in my recent past... but he wasn't so nice

I guess I have liked 2 of my close guy friends, stupidly. I never admitted this to either of them but one of them definitely knew and never said anything (A) and the other I slept with regularly until he ended it to be with a girl he had previously been interested in (B). Neither of them wanted me even though they like my personality otherwise we wouldn't have been friends so clearly I was too ugly or just unattractive personality. I just never feel good enough. One of them has a lovely girlfriend now (A) and the other has a mean girlfriend but she is a lot prettier than me (B)

B is still my v good friend, A I barely see.. A and i actually kissed once when drunk several years ago and i think that changed our friendship.

I actually am happy with the way I look and my personality, not in an arrogant way but it just knocks my confidence so much when i think about this. these 2 guys have liked me enough to consider me among their best friends then they must just think im ugly.

If you never admitted to them that you liked them, you can't be upset when they don't want to date you. Anyway, sometimes guys and girls just like each other as friends (even if they are super smoking hot and amazing people). I have a lot of attractive, very lovely male friends that I would not want to be romantically involved with because they are some of my best friends! Don't let it knock your confidence. Just because a guy likes you as a friend rather than a girlfriend, does not mean you are ugly or have a rubbish personality (whatever that is). Keep your chin up, don't think too hard on it, and, if you're looking for a boyfriend, keep on looking!
Original post by Nerol
If you never admitted to them that you liked them, you can't be upset when they don't want to date you. Anyway, sometimes guys and girls just like each other as friends (even if they are super smoking hot and amazing people). I have a lot of attractive, very lovely male friends that I would not want to be romantically involved with because they are some of my best friends! Don't let it knock your confidence. Just because a guy likes you as a friend rather than a girlfriend, does not mean you are ugly or have a rubbish personality (whatever that is). Keep your chin up, don't think too hard on it, and, if you're looking for a boyfriend, keep on looking!

This. :smile:

Keep smiling!
Reply 5
bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending