The Student Room Group

A2 - Edexcel Psychology June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheWoffler18
i'm actaully quite worried for the exam; i feel like i have no knowledge of any studies? any last minute tips on how i can lock in all the studies in my Long term memory.

I'm worried too but I feel like I know a lot of studies
I'd suggest making notes making sure you have 6AO1 points and 6AO2 points for every study and get someone to test you maybe? Also don't stay up really late to do it, it's better to get sleep than cramming
I'm actually pretty calm now for my exams tomorrow because I know that now there is nothing I can do to change what result I get

It's kind of worrying that by half 3 tomorrow, my results for psychology and french will be determined :K: :moon:
Original post by rileystringer1
I'm actually pretty calm now for my exams tomorrow because I know that now there is nothing I can do to change what result I get

It's kind of worrying that by half 3 tomorrow, my results for psychology and french will be determined :K: :moon:

I've kind of come to a calmness now, I'm tired and I can't revise anymore because it's not going in :laugh:
It'll be fine, I'll probably avoid TSR tomorrow afterwards, I refuse to feel worse about my answers:colondollar:

Good luck everyone though! :h::h:
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
I've kind of come to a calmness now, I'm tired and I can't revise anymore because it's not going in :laugh:
It'll be fine, I'll probably avoid TSR tomorrow afterwards, I refuse to feel worse about my answers:colondollar:

Good luck everyone though! :h::h:

I'll cram as much as possible tomoz :s-smilie: I'll be on the bus desperately reading notes, and the hour I have before the French exam will be spent 75% on psych cos it needs more work at the end of the day than French
It's official, I know nothing et al for research methods/studies - and I'm past caring now!

Let's get this over and done with ☺️ good luck and thank you guys for all your help xo
Original post by sophia.lega
It's official, I know nothing et al for research methods/studies - and I'm past caring now!

Let's get this over and done with ☺️ good luck and thank you guys for all your help xo

welcome to the unproud club of its all ogre now
low grade boundaries anyone? :biggrin:
I'm so stressed ! Anyone have any predations for 12 marker on clinical and 18 marker??
Original post by Student.53
low grade boundaries anyone? :biggrin:

Im sure Ill lower them for you all :lol:

Original post by joshnewbs
I'm so stressed ! Anyone have any predations for 12 marker on clinical and 18 marker??

Any predations? Is that how bad it is?

It's 10pm who cares about predictions, too late now anyway to do anything

But my predictions are clinical practical and key issue, and ethnocentrism
Im sure Ill lower them for you all :lol:

Any predations? Is that how bad it is?

It's 10pm who cares about predictions, too late now anyway to do anything

But my predictions are clinical practical and key issue, and ethnocentrism

also predicting ethnocentrism - social control - ethics and psychodynamic contributions for I&D

social norms and definitions and eval's of abnormality for clinical
Do we have to know the inferential statistics? and if so anyone know how to help understand them
So all the revision has made me go brain dead and I can't think... What is the key issue for clinical pls and the own practical??? Something to do with a leaflet but I'm so confused and stressing out 😅😅😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DarceyKuypers
So all the revision has made me go brain dead and I can't think... What is the key issue for clinical pls and the own practical??? Something to do with a leaflet but I'm so confused and stressing out 😅😅😅

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did understanding unipolar depression for my key issue and wrote a leaflet on the symptoms and features of the illness
dunno if anyones awake but just thiking about evaluating an unseen study - what would you class as a large sample size to say a stdudy is generalisable?
Yep. There has never been one before on ethnocentrism so I can't give you an example, but I asked my teacher this and she said if it were to come up then it would be "describe ethnocentric bias in psychological research and evaluate the use of cross-cultural research"

Nahhh I'd hate for the 18 marker to be on contributions they're soo dry, I'd prefer contributions as a smaller question then something more interesting as an 18 marker that you can actually go into. I find that people like contributions because they seem really simple, but when you get in the exam you'll panic, write loads of nonsense, not develop or link and get average marks for it

I'd really like an 18 marker on ethnocentrism and cross-cultural research, or a question like the 2012 18 marker: Describe Psychodynamic explanations of human behaviour and evaluate these explanations using at least two other approaches. (18)

There's so much you could say!! Gender (compare with learning and bio), criminality (compare with social x2 and bio), phobias (compare with learning). 2 marks per topic and 1 mark per comparison/evaluation point.. sweet

Tbh you just made that question seem so much easier, contributions are easy though I feel, I'd like a question like one past paper about ethical guidelines and to evaluate ethical issues from 2 or more studies
Original post by benhartley05
dunno if anyones awake but just thiking about evaluating an unseen study - what would you class as a large sample size to say a stdudy is generalisable?

From what iv seen a lot of them don't tell you the sample size they use which means it's difficult to tell if you can generalise, I'd look at the method used to see how generalisable it is to behaviour and say however we don't know how many rats for instance were used but this could possibly to generalised to other rats. I don't know if I made sense there sorry
Original post by bella1234567
I did understanding unipolar depression for my key issue and wrote a leaflet on the symptoms and features of the illness

Clinical key issue was understanding schizophrenia and the practical was produce a leaflet for example mine was to people who think they might have schizophrenia so want more information on the signs and what to do next
Good luck to all!
My verdict: clinical was good, issues and debates not so good :frown:
Can someone outline what they wrote in the ethnocentrism 18 marker?

Quick Reply

Latest